Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else switching from hourly pulls during the day to just two or three? At the end of the month my store is going from pulls every hour between 11 and 6 to pulls only at 1 (mostly consumables) and 3(mostly hardlines) and on weekends a third at 5(consumables again). I think we're going to be given two hours instead of 1 to pull them.

Also, I was pulling the MIRs today and had to round up all the boxed jewelry from Valentines Day. It felt like every other one had "Love" on it and before I knew it I had Captain & Tennille stuck in my head.

New schedules for CAF pulls

As for me, I haven't heard anything about it at my store. My BRTL is on vacation, so if we do change I doubt it will happen until he returns.

I'll check tomorrow when I go in for my shift. I'm not sure how I feel about that change. On the plus side, more gets done between CAFs, but on the downside the CAFs will be larger and they'll still need to be completed in the one hour time frame.

I haven't heard anything about it from my store, but that could mean we aren't doing it or we are and nobody cares enough to give a heads up to the backroom (like when 11am CAFs were added).

I haven't heard anything but I hope this is still in the pilot stage if hours are going to go down with this change. I'm not the biggest fan in the world when it comes to the CAFs but it means more hours, please keep them the way they are.

My TL passed around some of the info on it and at the bottom I saw a note about requesting cross training so we can potentially keep the same hours we have now, so I wouldn't be surprised if BR hours take a small hit. I can't imagine the powers that be doing anything that they don't think will "save" money.

My TL passed around some of the info on it and at the bottom I saw a note about requesting cross training so we can potentially keep the same hours we have now, so I wouldn't be surprised if BR hours take a small hit. I can't imagine the powers that be doing anything that they don't think will "save" money.
Oh it says pretty bluntly that your BR will be losing hours.

I'll check tomorrow when I go in for my shift. I'm not sure how I feel about that change. On the plus side, more gets done between CAFs, but on the downside the CAFs will be larger and they'll still need to be completed in the one hour time frame.

That has changed now. You will have now 2 hours to pull CAF's now.

So I couldn't find any information on workbench or redwire, but one of our veteran BRTM's told me about it. We we'll be switching to 2 CAFs a day on weekdays, with 3 on weekends. Like @AKADuchess said, we'll have two hours go complete the pulls. We also won't be pulling anything softlines, except for a new BB03 fillgroup, but I dont know what this new fillgroup will contain. Not entirely sure when we will be changing over, but I suppose we'll find out once my BRTL returns.

Not entirely sure when we will be changing over,
My store is changing over the 28th. Talking to the ETL who pays attention to logistics it sounds like my TL had planned to have us stick to roughly our usual schedule and just start pulling manual CAFs at 11. Apparently that didn't fly and we're not supposed to do any so the schedule needs to be rewritten.

Yeah, it seems like the only backroom minded ETLs at my store are my ETL-Ops who is new in role, the STL, and the old ETL-Ops-turned-Hardlines. I think the schedule should be roughly the same, maybe more heavily stacked in the middle of the day than usual but it shouldn't be a drastic change. Since or backroom is so big and we're a fairly high volume store, we currently have 3-5 BRTMs in when the 11 o'clocks drop. 1-2 are in for 6-2:30, 1-2 in from 8-4:30, 1 from 11-7, and a closer from 4-12. So I'm thinking they will probably shift one if the 8-4:30 people and the mid forward an hour or two.

I was asked by Guest Services if backroom does STS (Ship to Store)? There was a hand basket full of items up at Guest Services and I wasn't sure what the answer to that would be.

I was asked by Guest Services if backroom does STS (Ship to Store)? There was a hand basket full of items up at Guest Services and I wasn't sure what the answer to that would be.

ASANTS, but at my store we do. It's pretty simple. First you open the the Receive app on the PDA. Open the package and scan the topmost barcode of the packing slip includied inside of the package with your PDA. Next it will ask you to confirm the contents. Then, it will ask you to scan the item, then you just scan it into the hold location. On some UPS packages you can also scan the second barcode from the bottom instead of scanning the packing slip. (I might have missed a step or two, not 100% positive)

@DennisTNedry, whoever handles SPU (flexible fulfillment) orders should also do STS. In most non-SFS stores, that would be the backroom team.

My ETL-GE always gets on my case about STS packages that have been sitting at the service desk for hours because nobody else had time to process them.

ASANTS, but at my store we do. It's pretty simple. First you open the the Receive app on the PDA. Open the package and scan the topmost barcode of the packing slip includied inside of the package with your PDA. Next it will ask you to confirm the contents. Then, it will ask you to scan the item, then you just scan it into the hold location. On some UPS packages you can also scan the second barcode from the bottom instead of scanning the packing slip. (I might have missed a step or two, not 100% positive)

Don't forget to look out for damaged items. I haven't had any damaged items since the process rolled out, so I'm a little rusty. Do damaged items have to be defected out afterwards, or does the damaged item process in Receive take care of it?

@DennisTNedry, whoever handles SPU (flexible fulfillment) orders should also do STS. In most non-SFS stores, that would be the backroom team.

My ETL-GE always gets on my case about STS packages that have been sitting at the service desk for hours because nobody else had time to process them.

Don't forget to look out for damaged items. I haven't had any damaged items since the process rolled out, so I'm a little rusty. Do damaged items have to be defected out afterwards, or does the damaged item process in Receive take care of it?

IIRC there is an option somewhere in the receiving process to defect it. I haven't encountered the need to, however.

IIRC there is an option somewhere in the receiving process to defect it. I haven't encountered the need to, however.
Before you scan the item into a hold location there's an option to indicate that it's damaged, but I'm positive it still has to be processed with the defectives app.

I guess this isn't the right thread.... but we have over 400 Price Change batches in our PDA at the moment.... a backroom confession if you will. :(

We have been told specifically NOT to pull any. This started before the holidays for whatever reason. However, we have been manually pulling all D code and PTM from aisles via the backroom reports. So... probably 90% of those batches will auto complete if worked. Or else there is like 1 item per batch remaining for some other reason.

So yeah.... as somebody that has been there for a while and was super proactive about ensuring Price Changes were done every night that hurts a little. In fact last year I was the guy that pulled things PTM and flexed them out to get rid of them before they went Clearance. :p

Backroom doesn't handle it at my store. SFS does

If your store has a SFS station, the person working it should always be the one doing STS. We also have SFS take care of flexibles for store pickup during the day. It works pretty well, but the backroom closer SOMETIMES forgets that they are responsible for flexibles after 4:30opm. Then they need a nice reminder the next time they work. lol

Now, if your store does not do SFS, receiving STS packages is very easy to learn. You simply go to "Recieving" which should be the first program on the list of your home PDA screen. Scan the barcode in the top right of the collate (the sheet that comes with the order). It will tell you the items that "should" be in the package, then you scan the item barcode (enter the DPCI starting with 49 if this does not work), then scan a portable printer to print a barcode off, then after placing the label on the item, scan it into a flexible fufillment location at guest service.

WOO :p

I guess this isn't the right thread.... but we have over 400 Price Change batches in our PDA at the moment.... a backroom confession if you will. :(

We have been told specifically NOT to pull any. This started before the holidays for whatever reason. However, we have been manually pulling all D code and PTM from aisles via the backroom reports. So... probably 90% of those batches will auto complete if worked. Or else there is like 1 item per batch remaining for some other reason.

So yeah.... as somebody that has been there for a while and was super proactive about ensuring Price Changes were done every night that hurts a little. In fact last year I was the guy that pulled things PTM and flexed them out to get rid of them before they went Clearance. :p

That's... I don't even...

My Leadership is super micromanagy about getting the price change done. "Firefox, it's 6:15 have you finished the CAFs yet so you can get started on price change?" "No, they are 35 minutes long, it's gonna be a little bit longer." "Okay, well make sure you get them done. Then you need to set the line." I love how they ask me this almost every night that I've closed, as if I don't know how to do my job and when to get it done by.

If your store has a SFS station, the person working it should always be the one doing STS. We also have SFS take care of flexibles for store pickup during the day. It works pretty well, but the backroom closer SOMETIMES forgets that they are responsible for flexibles after 4:30opm. Then they need a nice reminder the next time they work. lol

Our store is ESFS, and Backroom takes care of both SPU's and STS orders.

So I couldn't find any information on workbench or redwire, but one of our veteran BRTM's told me about it. We we'll be switching to 2 CAFs a day on weekdays, with 3 on weekends. Like @AKADuchess said, we'll have two hours go complete the pulls. We also won't be pulling anything softlines, except for a new BB03 fillgroup, but I dont know what this new fillgroup will contain. Not entirely sure when we will be changing over, but I suppose we'll find out once my BRTL returns.

There is a Redwire, it was directed at STL's, you can find it if you dig some. The BB03 is addressed in it, the way i read it was that BB01 stays the same and BB02 splits. It seems that BB02 is now just like clothing, and BB03 was classified as "hardlines" I took that as probably baby food, diapers, bedding. (or reserve, it list the DEPT and CLASS that is included but i did not feel like digging more to figure it out exactly) BB03, DIPR, and BBO1 will drop with the 1pm pull (Grocery and Consumables) along with all GRC and PAPR and CHEM. And the rollout has apparently been pushed back a week to the 29th.

400!!!! HOLY CRAP......gonna find a lot of hidden clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back