Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody setting One spot next week? My teams coming in at Midnight to do so. Fun times resetting the store after the Holidays. At least I'm not working hardlines, I would probably be only getting 8 hours a week!

Anybody setting One spot next week? My teams coming in at Midnight to do so. Fun times resetting the store after the Holidays. At least I'm not working hardlines, I would probably be only getting 8 hours a week!

We will be setting on Monday @ 4am. We made space to move Christmas One Spot back to mini seasonal last week(sold out of stocking stuffers), so at least we won't have tonnage to move on the same day.

I would welcome a short week. I'm burned out.....

I'm starting plano training on the next schedule! (finally moving from GSA, wahooo!)

I believe we don't do the new beauty project until march as well.

Did anyone else have to do all of lawn & patio in one night? That was a nightmare.

we have been working on patio all week. had to clear all the old stuff, push it to the home and take down the gondolas. finished setting today and started building the furniture today but will be over there tomorrow finishing the building.

We finished our Domestics and Boy and Girls Basics set so far. Still have Intimates. Still haven't touched Lawn and Garden. My store is a Ultra Low Volume and we still have In With the New Product in our rear seasonal. Our STL had us flex out more product there to sell it down and it is preventing it from being set. Is anyone else having this problem? Our DTL visited today and he didn't seem to happy about this.

We finished our Domestics and Boy and Girls Basics set so far. Still have Intimates. Still haven't touched Lawn and Garden. My store is a Ultra Low Volume and we still have In With the New Product in our rear seasonal. Our STL had us flex out more product there to sell it down and it is preventing it from being set. Is anyone else having this problem? Our DTL visited today and he didn't seem to happy about this.

Hasn't it hit clearance yet?

Much of IWTN this year is dually located. We stopped filling to the second locations back there about two weeks ago and then late last week started clearing out aisles of the stuff that had home locations and condensed clearance. Had we not done this, we wouldn't have been able to set lawn and garden this week.

My team was lucky enough to go overnight a few days last week and we were going to attempt to build the patio furniture then, but of course most of it didn't come in until this week. We spent most of this week setting all the aisles and we will finish the flat tomorrow.
I'm ending up leaving Boys & Girls and Hosiery not set for this week. Blah.

luckyly we finished the workload for the week. I just saw our electronics transition map and it looks like they flip flop the aisles again, and putting the camera aisle in the very back of electronics.

Barely finished this week, Did intimates last week thankfully. Did not get all our lawn and patio sets built, and our SFT didnt build a single grill :(. Electronics map for us shows a few moves... we still have the camera boat showcase so thats not going anywhere.

still have 11 pogs from last week, and all of the domestics from this week along with boys and girls basics to finish. going to be fun next week with HBA setting

Let me preface this with I have never been more than a day behind in my workload... This week, we had Domestics, Boys&Girls, Hosiery and of course Lawn & Patio. I have no idea how corporate expected us to finish this. I still have 4 POGs from last week not done, and I am leaving 3 from Domestics this week plus the fans and outdoor storage. I spent the whole week in seasonal and half of my hours went to having people backstock all of the dually located IWTN... when I hit my 40, today, I was building furniture and had to literally sprint to the timeclock. The ETLs are gonna hopefully finish stocking patio and get the rest of the displays built. Luckily all we have next week is intimates, so I'm gonna spend half the week catching up... this was a sucky 3 weeks.

i find it funny how stores are so different.. i wonder if its the hours we are given or what.. i sat down with my etl and made a list of everything we were behind and what we had next week, we printed out the schedule and together and made a calendar. we then planned out what we are going to get set each day based on the amount of people.
He has never really been involved before and he actually thinks the REV on the label strip meant it was a revision. my STL is making him work at 4am for most of the week because we are so far behind..

we were sitting there doing "best case scenario" and got to the end of next week and still hadnt put revisions or intimate on the schedule... this is AFTER my STL told me I can add 1-2 people each day next week. I also mentioned to him how this would be great but dont forget we have 2 hours of smart huddle every day and we have to pull and push our batches. SO even though you think we can get 7 HBA aisles that are all back to back, that have brand new shelf liner and 900 dividers and 1000 bottles of shampoo and hair color... done in one day.. we have other things we need to get done still. o and dont forget we have to work clean and make sure that the area is shoppable for the guests.

That is strange... we set healthcare two weeks ago (soap, toothbrushes, deodorant) but I have not seen anything for shampoo come up yet. These next two weeks are only Soft Lines transitions, which I am thankful for, so we can catch up and I can help my new signing TM get the new CSE's up. My ETL wants us to be ahead by Friday... it's gonna be interesting.

Shampoo sets with your stores specific set date for the destination/transcend beauty remodels. My fixture room is a complete mess with all this new CSE signing and weve barely made a dent in it...took a lot of blood,sweat, and tears to finish this week, gonna have to wrap up the lawn and patio signing next week but thats pretty much it.

Waoh, wait... shampoo is part of the Transcend beauty retrofit? So will that include lotion and hair accessories as well? I thought Transcend was just the cosmetics... oh this is gonna be big, huh.

We haven't even started the CSE project because I just got a new Signing TM 3 weeks ago. So yeah these next few/several weeks are gonna be fun.

i set all of the shampoo aisles next week, hair accessories, hair color and suncare, no cosmetics... a couple weeks ago we did set toothpaste deodorant etc

Transcend is the cosmetics portion of HBA.... Destination is the shampoo, hair accessories, hair color, etc (Dept.63 aisles) That portion is just extra lighting, shelf liner, signing, unless your store has already completed that portion, depends on your prototype.

Couple of things that are killing us.

First is that we (Plano) have to merch Clearance. OMG, there was so much in hosiery that our STL had to pitch in.

Second is that when we went from overnight to 4am, they split our days off. Before we were all on the same 10hr days. But now not. And I really think that hurts us, especially this time of year.

And I just cannot see how combining Plano and Pricing in the near future is going to make things better.

Would NOT want to be that TL!

Waoh, wait... shampoo is part of the Transcend beauty retrofit? So will that include lotion and hair accessories as well? I thought Transcend was just the cosmetics... oh this is gonna be big, huh.

We haven't even started the CSE project because I just got a new Signing TM 3 weeks ago. So yeah these next few/several weeks are gonna be fun.
I feel sorry for your signing TM, this project is not fun at all and it sucks for this to be their first big project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back