Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my easiest shift ever. My store reset Sonia Kashuk, Boots, Pixi, Loreal, Almay, and Revlon. It was fun. I was under one of my brand shifts so basically my expectations this week were to just assist plano, which translated into getting the hotspot shippers that I hid in the signing steel because I'm not letting flow team fucking throw them away again.

We've only lost one Loreal hotspot and the Neutrogena one (if there is one).

IS there a neutrogena hot spot this time around? My store is a 4' Neutrogena and not a 6' one.

Also is there gonna be a new one for Wet 'n' Wild?

I think we tie it by each 1 foot section. So a POG could be tied to A 3 (20)

Everything is set and tied standard.
I never thought about that. Need to bring that up to my PTL. Or not. Probably shoot it down before I even get it out of my mouth. My PTL is bitchy...

Last edited:
But maybe to clarify on my first question. On reverse cosmetic aisles. Do your first POG or second or however many different POGs is on that aisle; do your first 1 foot section start on the left and you work your way to the right with 2, 3, 4...? And then your next POG with sec. 1 and then work your way to the right with 2, 3, 4....

Yes always work from left to right with cosmetic aisles. If you had two 8 foot pogs. The first one should be tied to section 1, but actually start in section 8, going (Left to right) 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

The section should be tied to section 9, but actually start in section 16, again going left to right.

It really depends on who you have on your team.
If the the four people consist of two hardcores and two people who are part timers who will be asking questions every ten minutes, you're better off going with the two hardcores.
On the other hand if you have four people who are used to working together as a team then by all means throw them in there, more hands make light work.

I'm claustraphobic (why I have to have a clean fixture room), so the chaos annoyed me to no end......

Yes always work from left to right with cosmetic aisles. If you had two 8 foot pogs. The first one should be tied to section 1, but actually start in section 8, going (Left to right) 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

The section should be tied to section 9, but actually start in section 16, again going left to right.
Ok, see we don't do that at my store. On reverse aisles we start on with 1 foot section with 1 and then work to the LEFT with 2, 3, 4, 5... And we,ve done that since we got transcend last March.

This is why Transcend bothers me. Our right-to-left aisles are reverse instead of standard, so the schematics are very confusing. At least with the old set with 4-ft sections, those aisles were handled as standard, so you could just start counting from the back end of the aisle.

At my store all cosmetic POGs are set to flow standard from left to right, and tied in 1 foot sections. So for example a reverse aisle with 3 POGs will have a tie like x3(4), x3(20), and x3(24) with section 1 of the given POG starting in the tied location.

If you are setting sections right to left the label flow is really going to be messed up. There are multiple instances with this year's POGs where the label for one section flows into the next section. i.e. item 2-2-8 actually begins in space 3-2-1

At my store all cosmetic POGs are set to flow standard from left to right, and tied in 1 foot sections. So for example a reverse aisle with 3 POGs will have a tie like x3(4), x3(20), and x3(24) with section 1 of the given POG starting in the tied location.

If you are setting sections right to left the label flow is really going to be messed up. There are multiple instances with this year's POGs where the label for one section flows into the next section. i.e. item 2-2-8 actually begins in space 3-2-1
I set Pixi & Revlon on a reverse aisle with no problems, aside from the hot spot shipper which then I have to set those shelves and those shelves only LEFT to RIGHT, so 5-6 is actually on 8, 6-6 is on 7, 7-6 is on 6, & 8-6 is on 5 because that's how the hot spots at sent in. We all understand it now, at my store but anyone from another store who might look at it will be like "wha?"

*ADD: we all tie ours by 4ft section.

Last edited:
On the pog for the toothbrushes (not kid toothbrushes, just the single 4 ft adult toothbrushes, how did you guys keep the basedeck looking clean? Are there supposed to be shippers for the toothbrushes in locations 1-1-1 through 1-1-6?

On the pog for the toothbrushes (not kid toothbrushes, just the single 4 ft adult toothbrushes, how did you guys keep the basedeck looking clean? Are there supposed to be shippers for the toothbrushes in locations 1-1-1 through 1-1-6?
We have chrome baskets with dividers for the toothbrushes and flosses on the basedeck. It was just fencing and dividers before we finally received the basket. It looked like crap before. It looks better now.

So did any of your stores throw your 3DS display away with the screw up at HQ with the DS HW revision?
I didn't but my ETL got a call from Nintendo saying some stores threw theirs away...

Last edited:
I didn't throw mine away. I was going to look on redwire to see if there is any notes to keep it or not. So we keep the display but throw away the signing?

I didn't throw mine away. I was going to look on redwire to see if there is any notes to keep it or not. So we keep the display but throw away the signing?
Keep everything. Signing and all. It was never supposed to come down at all. I was going to put it up Wednesday but didn't have time. I'll try and put everything back up tomorrow and break the tie and retie the old. According to Nintendo there will be a revision in May to fix it.

Anyone know what's up with the revisions lately? For example I'll get 3 new strips and a few single labels for an entire aisle... But if you look at the planogram paper the entire aisle changes as far as the numbers go? Like 1-2-1 is now 1.2.1.99 . The entire aisle has added these .90 or .99. Now if you scan an item that didn't get a revision strip it doesn't match. The old label says 1-2-1 but it now scans 1-2-1.99. Supposedly we my supported this issue but just wondered if anyone has heard anything or experienced the same issue.

Is it just my store or is the shoe section just a disaster in all targets? Every time I work over there I cringe. It's like they don't even try. We have men's shoes over in women's. Toddler shoes in the men's aisle etc. Cherokee mixed in with Circo...they don't even try to keep brands or styles together when flexing and they pay no attention to what aisle the shoe is actually supposed to be on. It makes new sets and revisions a nightmare! I've overheard several guests complain about not being able to find anything in shoes because it's such a disaster.

So did any of your stores throw your 3DS display away with the screw up at HQ with the DS HW revision?
I didn't but my ETL got a call from Nintendo saying some stores threw theirs away...

There was a merch update that said they deleted the 3DS on accident. Leave it up and it will be fixed in the May 17 set.

Anyone know what's up with the revisions lately? For example I'll get 3 new strips and a few single labels for an entire aisle... But if you look at the planogram paper the entire aisle changes as far as the numbers go? Like 1-2-1 is now 1.2.1.99 . The entire aisle has added these .90 or .99. Now if you scan an item that didn't get a revision strip it doesn't match. The old label says 1-2-1 but it now scans 1-2-1.99. Supposedly we my supported this issue but just wondered if anyone has heard anything or experienced the same issue.

It's not an issue. It's target's new way of "streamlining" revisions. If something goes from 1-2-3 to 1-2-3.90 it means it hasn't moved on the revision. A .99 means something has moved. Why did they start this? Who knows.

Just ignore the decimals. If you ignore the decimals, the schematics are still in order on the shelf versus old revisions where you could have
1-1-1
1-1-2
1-1-2.01
1-1-2.02
1-1-5
1-1-7.84
1-1-7.85
1-1-6.03
1-1-9

I'm looking at you Book Revisions...

Is it just my store or is the shoe section just a disaster in all targets? Every time I work over there I cringe. It's like they don't even try. We have men's shoes over in women's. Toddler shoes in the men's aisle etc. Cherokee mixed in with Circo...they don't even try to keep brands or styles together when flexing and they pay no attention to what aisle the shoe is actually supposed to be on. It makes new sets and revisions a nightmare! I've overheard several guests complain about not being able to find anything in shoes because it's such a disaster.

Ours is a mess as well.

On the NYX revision in cosmetics this week, what was the point of that? nothing changed. One loc got deleted and one item moved to a .99 location. What was the point of this?

On the NYX revision in cosmetics this week, what was the point of that? nothing changed. One loc got deleted and one item moved to a .99 location. What was the point of this?
For the hell of it probably. We did ours last week but I was not a part of it. I was doing the TV wall.? Thank Gosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back