Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, can you? I hope you have two waves so you can keep working and the backroom can get through all their autofills without having to steal the wave from you!

Well, it did take 4 hours from box to baler to complete. This is one of the times that the instructions gave more than enough time.

I just told the guys they couldn't have the WAVE until 8am. Poor guys had to use a ladder, but I got 30 years on 'em, better them than me!

I didn't get but 2 signing days this week, so sl signing will have to wait.

Last edited:
Anyone set wall art yet? The new presentation is actually pretty cool with those new fixtures.

Anyone set wall art yet? The new presentation is actually pretty cool with those new fixtures.
is that whats in those perfectly cubed boxes i got? didnt even think that this is what that was for. makes sense since the Wall Art backer paper box was heavier than expected

We will probably set wall art next week. I was also wondering what the 4 boxes I got of my signing pallet was. I just saw that it said wall art on the label.

Set it today. Looks pretty good. I wonder what the new dinnerware aisles will look like because I got a lot of new fixtures and displays for it.

They use new fixtures to just display the plates, no mugs. I think there's a little section on workbench under the Sales Floor tab.

the new dinnerware displays look pretty sweet. plates only, woodgrain fixture, straight across top of pog. make sure not to set din2 until after feb 7 due to item merge.

Can somebody tell me how many hours for Presentation on the Plano/Adjacency Calendar for the week of 03/18? Just curious, and I won't be in until Monday.

Can somebody tell me how many hours for Presentation on the Plano/Adjacency Calendar for the week of 03/18? Just curious, and I won't be in until Monday.

I always thought it varied by store? For example i know my planos are smaller than other stores. We have 16ft aisle where other stores have 24ft. for example. Weve even got those crazy 11ft aisles since our store was remodeled incorrectly. Dont get me started on our 14foot aisles in market.. oof.

My store is about 452 for this week... cosmetics is the major set.

Last edited:

in the 430 neighborhood for my store... I think. Maybe I'm thinking of 3/11. I'll check tomorrow.

Does anyone have the part number for the "Perfect Hanging System"? The big tool used to put up brackets on the ceiling.. our store recently broke both of them and we could not find it anywhere on TIPP.

Does anyone have the part number for the "Perfect Hanging System"? The big tool used to put up brackets on the ceiling.. our store recently broke both of them and we could not find it anywhere on TIPP.

Do a search on TIPP for "one up". The One-UP Hanging System will include the poll, replacement heads, swivel spider clips, various lengths of single and double loop plastic hooks as well as the magnets for attaching lighter ISM directly to the ceiling grid runs. You'll be able to sort through it and order only what you need.

Just finished small appliances today. Seems like last time we did these runs the same amount of product moved, but we were allotted more time. What's up with these POG times? Everyone is happy and pleased with me when I finish early (no questions asked about how I did it) but if I go over by even 30 minutes I'm told I'm slacking off, or getting distracted or whatever excuse they can make to defend the time. I'm on Revisions so I try to hammer them out as quickly as possible so i can go support the rest of the team for the remainder of the week. Is it not possible that the POG may take longer then what is given to us? Is anyone else having this issue, specifically in small electrics? I know they vary but something just seems real wacky about the times we were given for these runs.

Also....Do the times take into account de-merching d-code and clearance? building clearance endcaps, finding your fixtures and signing? when they time them is everything laid out for them with an empty backroom to fill, fixtures accounted for and occaisonal backups to checklanes?

my small app aisles took forever because we switched out the display shelves and every single person on the POG team forgot how to load 3x5 paper into the printer. or read a planogram. i have been redoing the displays in 8 aisles for 2 days straight!

my small app aisles took forever because we switched out the display shelves and every single person on the POG team forgot how to load 3x5 paper into the printer. or read a planogram. i have been redoing the displays in 8 aisles for 2 days straight!
My area was a disaster too. But, I was ready for it. I had printed everything, just case.

I am just so ready for a break. We have been going at it for the last five weeks or so. Borrowing flow team members and still running out of time. Granted, I'm in a Super, but after a while it just gets old. I'm not someone who calls out, so I'm here all the time.

I think it was the 10hrs of working frozen that finally did it.

Time for some time off...

Time for some time off...

AGREED! this is supposed to be my LULL time! being bored reorganizing the fixture room? purging old signing/fixtures? seeing what decals need to be replaced on the xlanes? thats what is supposed to be going on now. i feel like i won't get a break now until after back to school. (oh, also - not someone who calls out so i feel your pain......altho the plano team calls out all the time.....don't know how that works.....)

If we get a break, cleaning up the fixture room would be a luxury. But in fact, I'm tired of doing that. All this crap gets dumped there and no-one is ever held accountable.

As far as call outs for our team. No real problem. If you are really sick, so it goes. But the people on our team are pretty much responsible adults so that really isn't an issue.

We are a close team, and not showing up for work makes it harder for everyone else, and we know it.

So there is that...

Small appliances/gadgets was tough. Plano had a tough time with market (call outs), so they had to be in small appliances 1.5 days. Sooo small appliances didn't get the time it really needs. I spent 2 days buidling vacuums, unboxing ALL the displays. Spent a good 20 minutes messing with the section with donut makers. FINALLY figured out that a 14" shelf had to be set tightly under the perfect placement displays so I could attach the sign holder.

Again with the combination, backer, liner, signs boxes. NO GOOD!

Last edited:
I don't understand why if they were going to make the damn things into kits why they didn't put everything into the box.
Why have the bullnose and shelf talkers separate?
Just put it all in the same box, that way everything you need is together, rather than doing it in half measures.

Giving the team such a short window to get things done meant cutting corners and when it came time for me to take care of all the signing and displays it was pretty much a nightmare.

Personally, I don't like the backer mixed with anything. Next time I see those boxes, I am cutting them all open and redoing it with all the backer in one, bullnose/shelf liner in another and all the shelftalkers in a third.

Did everyone get shelftalkers for every vacuum? I'm missing at least 6. Also, was the bar for the Dyson perfect placement sent with the set? What does it look like? There wasn't a picture avail on TIPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back