Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know the part number for the little pole things that brace the cat litter shelves? they go on the base deck and brace the corners of the shelves, looked for an hour and mysupport was no help

is this at all like the one that goes in the battery aisle in electronics?

Has anyone done the picture frame pogs yet? Ours said it was only supposed to take about 15 hours to do. But it took way longer than that. The Frames 3 label only pog and the actual pog don't match up. We don't have all the fixtures in yet either. Thanks we have about 12 boxes left to push. Then it is off to set some things in domestics and entertainment.

Yes, frames were a mess. This whole weeks hours were screwed. The adjacency stated 24 less hours 2 weeks ago when the schedule was made, but about 24 extra hours were added on to my store. No biggie, as long as the entire team plays, and you are proactive with keeping control of payroll, it's certainly doable!!

I didn't even know such braces existed. We mySupported our Litter POG too, and attached a picture of how the sections breaks in the shelves sag and seperate due to the weight. The gondola wall is actually pulling away from the store wall. They replied back saying "The High Capacity gondola system is engineered to handle the weight."

Future headline: "Target shoppers buried and killed under a mountain of kitty litter"

is your litter set on the back wall? what size shelves did you use?
i havent noticed ours pulling away. i dont understand why they're so concerned about the fixture room shelves being upside down and then they put 1000lb of kitty litter 63" or so above the base deck...

I'm actually moving the Presentation team in two weeks to replace a team member who quit. I already know how to set planograms and revisions as I was my store's Entertainment team member for a little over three years (I'm sure there's still some stuff I will need to learn). I wanted to move on and do something else in the store.

I'm actually moving the Presentation team in two weeks to replace a team member who quit. I already know how to set planograms and revisions as I was my store's Entertainment team member for a little over three years (I'm sure there's still some stuff I will need to learn). I wanted to move on and do something else in the store.

I currently do Entertainment on Mondays. Put of the street dates on Tuesday. Then I am either setting sales plans the rest of the day on Tuesday or on POG. The rest of the week I am generally POG unless we have no hours for pog.

i havent noticed ours pulling away. i dont understand why they're so concerned about the fixture room shelves being upside down and then they put 1000lb of kitty litter 63" or so above the base deck...

Now, I've heard people mention the shelves being flipped upside down and how they didn't want that, but I think I missed it somewhere. All I got was that they wanted all shelving on designated areas only and not just tossed up anywhere in the backroom you could place some uprights. Can someone point out specifically where it calls for the shelves to be placed on the Fixture Room walls?

Now, I've heard people mention the shelves being flipped upside down and how they didn't want that, but I think I missed it somewhere. All I got was that they wanted all shelving on designated areas only and not just tossed up anywhere in the backroom you could place some uprights. Can someone point out specifically where it calls for the shelves to be placed on the Fixture Room walls?

The original instructions that were sent to our SFT had pictures of things that were considered no-nos including flipped over shelving and a sentence that says something like 'all shelves have to be attached to the wall for storage."

hmm, guessed I missed that one. Still, think I'll go on missing that as it's a more efficient use of space and time removing the shelves when they are flipped. :)

I keep our shelving organized by size and very neat, but I do flip our shelves. I think its safe as long as all the flipped shelves are not double stacked, and pushed front side in.

I wouldn't be able to get them all in the room if I didn't.

Yes it is, on the 32" shelves. Our DFM suggested that if the splitting is a problem, to use shorter shelves which
A.) I don't think you can use shorter shelves on these uprights, I think the spacing is different and only the 32" shelves fit.
B.) I don't like having a 33" basedeck and 28" or 22" shelves, potentially letting guests use the basedeck as an unsafe "stepping stool".

I didn't even know such braces existed. We mySupported our Litter POG too, and attached a picture of how the sections breaks in the shelves sag and seperate due to the weight. The gondola wall is actually pulling away from the store wall. They replied back saying "The High Capacity gondola system is engineered to handle the weight."

Future headline: "Target shoppers buried and killed under a mountain of kitty litter"

Sounds like you are looking for super gondola braces. If you aren't a old greatland, I don't think these will work.

You should have a high capacity gondola on that wall. You can tell if it is or not, by taking a simple header bracket and seeing if it will fit. If it doesn't, you have a high capacity, if it does, you need to have the SFT put in for a high capacity gondola to be installed in your store.

The original instructions that were sent to our SFT had pictures of things that were considered no-nos including flipped over shelving and a sentence that says something like 'all shelves have to be attached to the wall for storage."

how would you store shelves if not attached to the walls? theres not enough room in our fixture room to palletize that much stuff.

how would you store shelves if not attached to the walls? theres not enough room in our fixture room to palletize that much stuff.

We had to make pallets out of them and store a bunch of them off site.
Makes logistics for major changes real fun.

You should have a high capacity gondola on that wall. You can tell if it is or not, by taking a simple header bracket and seeing if it will fit.

Yeah we have a HC gondola there, but it's still just-barely supporting the weight it seems. Oh well, nothing to be done about it.

Has anyone done the picture frame pogs yet? Ours said it was only supposed to take about 15 hours to do. But it took way longer than that. The Frames 3 label only pog and the actual pog don't match up. We don't have all the fixtures in yet either. Thanks we have about 12 boxes left to push. Then it is off to set some things in domestics and entertainment.

Frames was a mess. Definitely used at least double the time Adj. Calendar said it would take. Plus add 30 minutes for every quadruple wrapped frame to open, which was then cracked or broken when you finally got to it.

finished patio reset today. gonna knock out revisions/spl/sidecaps on monday then BTS!!!! YIPPIE!!! got 12 pallets in today, itchin' to get started...

Oh we have room to palletize out in the old garden area, but the dtl doesn't like fixtures out there. It has to stay empty.

Oh we have room to palletize out in the old garden area, but the dtl doesn't like fixtures out there. It has to stay empty.

LOL thats the great dtl logic. we have two pallet spaces in our fixture room we can use. but then we stake out spots over in receiving. i went through the fix room and cleaned out probably 25 vehicles of stuff we didnt need, so now we have a little extra.

We finished frames on Thursday..Totally took longer than 15 hours! And because now there's only 2 salesfloor tls in my store, all of the f-ing salesplanners gets dumped on my team. So even though we could do all of domestics and those giftcard sidecaps, I'm still considered behind. As you can probably guess, I got chewed out for frames...*sighs*

Anyone else struggling with the workload this week? I think 176 revisions is a bit much for one week. I really wish there was a way to spread out the workload instead of having a small workload one week, and dumping a huge workload the next week.

95 hours of revisions this week, 20 hours next week. Pretty stupid, huh?

Seriously WTF is wrong with these people.
Has none of them ever taken a class in management?
There must have been one in there about spreading the tasks over a period of time and not overloading your staff.
This transcends stupidity.

Yeah. They could have spread it out more between this week and next week. Same with signing this week which was around 93 hours. I'm just glad that after this week these huge set weeks will be over for a while.

need help with numbers

anyone have the numbers to order these? basket label strip holders?
HTML:

Attachments

• basket label.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back