Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody else part of a ULV Plano team tell me how they are doing with change in times. Are you working the truck from 8:30a to 11 then Plano till 5p? Or working 11-7:30p? Or are you working something else? Things are changing in our store. Not sure if its for the better.

Can anybody else part of a ULV Plano team tell me how they are doing with change in times. Are you working the truck from 8:30a to 11 then Plano till 5p? Or working 11-7:30p? Or are you working something else? Things are changing in our store. Not sure if its for the better.

o_O the ULV Expansion Strategy says plano can come in at 7am.. so my store we come in from 7am-3:15pm, and to be honest the truck process doesnt get in our way and we dont get in theirs, just communicate which aisles are setting so they know to put it aside

I think if you pull the men or womens razor plano, the part number is on the cover page. You can also order those clips separately.

...nope not on mine...can't find it for the life of me...our sign guy just got promoted to tl and no one else can figure it out...thanks though...hopefully NOP will hook me up...thanks!

For some reason I'm thinking ax4106 or ax4206. but that's probably wrong. Try looking up the actual basket. Sometimes the description or the picture will say what label strip holder goes with the fixture. At least tipp did. I can check for you tomorrow for sure. I still have my remodel binder.

yeah, as mentioned i was going to suggest the trial and travel pog. however - can you really order the clips by themselves? i have only ever been able to order the strip holders and have them come along. i haven't been able to find a part number for them on their own.

I don't think you can order the clips by themselves.
I've only ever been able to order the strips and you get the clips with them.
I'll get the number for the strips tomorrow.

yeah, as mentioned i was going to suggest the trial and travel pog. however - can you really order the clips by themselves? i have only ever been able to order the strip holders and have them come along. i haven't been able to find a part number for them on their own

I ordered the strips and it came without the clips...go figure! Thanks guys for helping!

So I have a question about perishables planograms. Specifically the backwall planograms (milk, juice, frozen). The cover page says to set them standard if grocery is on the left side of the store and reverse if grocery is on the right side as you come in. For any other right handed stores, how is your backwall set? We're right handed but our pogs are set standard along the backwall which puts regular milk in between specialty milk and specialty milk with creamers. I think we should set it reverse during the transition if that is still the direction. Just looking for other opinions.

Reverse would seem to make more sense for product flow and how people enter our PFresh area.

we set ours standard. all our back walls are standard. makes it easier for our team to find stuff. it also keeps the milk by the cereal, instead of the ice cream. ;)

We used to have milk by cereal. After the remodel, milk stayed in the same place near the beginning of g, but cereal is now a full valley down on g28/29!

I know backwall is standard. But the milk, specialty milk, creamers, frozen fruit, juice, ice cream, and frozen desserts pogs all have the note "if grocery is on the right as you enter the store, perimeter wall pogs set reverse. Set standard if grocery is on the left side." So, even though the pog says that, your opinion would be to set if standard?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I just want to know what other right handed stores have done.

Far as I know, you Always set walls standard. Best way to find out for sure is to ask your ptl to show you the upcoming adjacency for market.

My PTL? Hah...I know more about upcoming transitions and current adjacencies than she does. She never reads anything.

Finished 75 hours of the entertainment revisions, POGs, and sales planners in three 8 hour shifts this week. Boo-yah.

I know backwall is standard. But the milk, specialty milk, creamers, frozen fruit, juice, ice cream, and frozen desserts pogs all have the note "if grocery is on the right as you enter the store, perimeter wall pogs set reverse. Set standard if grocery is on the left side." So, even though the pog says that, your opinion would be to set if standard?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I just want to know what other right handed stores have done.

I would follow what is said on the Plano. The only reason for this is that they might have certain product grouped next to each other on the next adjacent plano or they want certain product as the lead-in to the aisle.

our grocery is on the right. we set standard. the map shows it as standard. exceptions are made for grouping certain items like the above poster said. however, if you read the mysupport about the cover pages of pogs, sometimes they are not accurate because target does not update everything on them due to "limited resources". the only time they update them 100% is when the changes are chain wide. so you end up with messages on the covers that do not apply to the current situation, like "new signing" when there is none. or "carry forward displays" when you have a whole tub of new ones. ultimately, it's your ptl/etl/stl's call and isn't something 95% of your visitors will notice regardless if they are internal or external.

My PTL? Hah...I know more about upcoming transitions and current adjacencies than she does. She never reads anything.

then you should know the answer already and we shouldn't cut you some slack?

our grocery is on the right. we set standard. the map shows it as standard. exceptions are made for grouping certain items like the above poster said. however, if you read the mysupport about the cover pages of pogs, sometimes they are not accurate because target does not update everything on them due to "limited resources". the only time they update them 100% is when the changes are chain wide. so you end up with messages on the covers that do not apply to the current situation, like "new signing" when there is none. or "carry forward displays" when you have a whole tub of new ones. ultimately, it's your ptl/etl/stl's call and isn't something 95% of your visitors will notice regardless if they are internal or external.

I am still hearing myself repeat almost daily to the team that the cover pages are rarely correct! so annoying! i'm like check your line listing to know for sure - also, if there's something new - i'll give it to you!

typical #1: pog tm "hey where's my backer paper, my pog gets new paper." me "i don't have any new paper in the back for that pog are you sure? is it a different paper, or is the current stuff in bad shape?" pog tm: "oh, i don't know, it just says new on the cover page thats all i looked at"

typical #2: me "here's a box of new paper for your aisle." pog tm "its carry forward from before." me: "well it might just be a refresh since it hasn't been changed in a while, but this box is for your pog." pog tm "the cover page says carry forward i don't need it"

endscenes

Reactions: NOP

then you should know the answer already and we shouldn't cut you some slack?

Haha! I may need some slack on this one because all I've gotten from my bosses are hmm...we'll have to check into that. I did do some research on here, and there is a picture someone put up of their walk in dairy cooler that you fill milk from behind. Their milk is set the opposite of ours which leads me to believe they are a right handed store that set reverse.

Cover pages are wrong a lot. Not to mention conflicting info between cover pages, text boxes, and then nothing on the line listing lol.

Our mantra is always read your planogram before you ask questions. So if we still have questions about a pog after reading it I have to point out all the inconsistencies between the info before anyone will listen to me. All I want to do is do it right. Target makes it so hard on us sometimes!

Anyone else love the note on grocery planograms that basically says "Every time you flex this planogram we kill a cute puppy and mail it to an orphanage."?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back