Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I work at a two level "B" Volume p fresh store.

2:

1: Is your dairy cooler right behind your milk doors?

2: Are your backroom coolers/freezers big and or long enough to have a pallet in them with enough room to get a tube or red cart by?

Our dairy cooler is a part of our milk doors yes. Here is a picture. View attachment 234 The drip pans are on the bottom of the carts and catch milk if it were to fall. The pans are lined with cellu liner that soak up the milk that falls on it. There is some more room behind where I took the picture so we have plenty of room in the cooler.

This is the post with the pic

Getting a papercut from backer paper is terrible, it gives the deepest paper cuts.

its annoying. i also thought it was the worst, but then introduce yourself to some of the pvc signing in the store and it gets worse.

This.
There is nothing like getting sliced by one of those big signs when a ceiling hook snaps and the big heavy thing slides through the spot between your thumb and forefinger at the speed of sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOP
Don't you hate it when the specs on your plano are wrong? I had to set a gondola in shoes today. The pictures showed shelves and stated that the product would be in boxes. I was so jazzed because it was going to set in the same manner as it was previous. So I cleaned it all up and got it ready to go then went to the back to pick up the product only to find out that everything was hanging. :dash2: And then the gondolas aren't exactly to spec so had to beat the heck outta the bar to get it in on the bottom. Gah, what a day... :p

This.
There is nothing like getting sliced by one of those big signs when a ceiling hook snaps and the big heavy thing slides through the spot between you thumb and forefinger at the speed of sound.

I take back my label strip holder injury. That ^^^ sounds painful

Is it just me, or have the plano's gotten worse over the years? By that I mean, it used to be you could indeed look at the cover pages and see how many pegs, shelves, or whatever you needed and it would be correct. Same went for the backer paper.

Now a days, it almost seems like randomly generated data that sometimes matches what you need, but mostly not.

Oh, and as far as paper cuts. That heavy silver paper, the reflective one, was the worst if you got sliced...

I agree. You now need to use all the information given and figure out what is copy and pasted and what is actually needed. Cosmetics is the worst offender.

They're the same. The clips have always come with the label strips whenever I've opened a new box.

anyone have the numbers to order these? basket label strip holders?
HTML:

i do. will have to wait till monday. or type up shoe label or wire basket label in SAP.

Ok, finally got it.

AS0468 - Clip for Shoe Basket Label Holder fits AS0466 and AX0562.

Although, we've done away with those, and we just use PR000TRN 1 1/4 x 3 Clear Label Holder w/closure snap

To order more of the closure snap rings - it is JHM00TRN.

And because I get asked this one - PR031TRN is for the loop fixtures in photo frames, doormats, and framed art.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've had issues getting into SAP and a lot of things have come up over the last few weeks.

Im a plano TL, reading some of these posts im jealous of you guys who have more than 3 people on your team. I have two full time tm's and myself its a struggle every week to get my work done, i actually haven't had a week since last year where we actually finished our work in a week. My STL has us spend over an hour every day pushing the truck, then we do "smart huddle", have to backup cashier, help with call boxes etc. Its very frustrating. The other week, the adj cal said 310 hours, my STL gave us 250, then i had to cut another 4 shifts and was down to 184. Whenever I have a workload that calls for more TM's I have a bunch of people on flow I normally will bring over to my team.

I am also a plano TL. I have 4 part time people on my team, and a few other team members crossed trained for heavy workload weeks. The first couple of years I was in the same boat as you. Now I have an awesome team that gets everything done week in and week out. We also take part in smart huddle everyday, do all our own backstock, backup cashier, and most weeks we have time to help set salesplans if needed. And I can't remember the last time I received the hours listed on the adjacency calendar. Its all about being very organized, and having the right team in place. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but now things are great, and I know you can too!

your stl needs to understand how poor transition affects the rest of his processes. the truck can't push, instocks can't research, your going to end up working over your pricing team, and your product is going to sit in the back until it goes clearance. i'm sure every stl knows this, but sometimes they forget when confronted with strong etls demanding more payroll (i'm looking at you etl-ge!).

everyone is going through crunch time in our district. what payroll we got is getting cut daily. just hang in there. we use to have a 4 man team (counting me and my signing guy) and always got random tm that either were either too new to remember how to clock in, they called in because they hate pog, or couldn't understand how to push. i partnered with the logetl and had him start assigning the same 2 people to my team every week on the days we didn't get truck and had hours. that way, we could train them to actually help instead of just pushing. we convinced the stl we needed the backups, and now they've been officially added to our team. now we are working on a couple of new back ups during heavy sets and doing some training. good luck!

I think I have a very organized process. I have two team members who have been with me for 5 years now and I Finally have all the ETL"s on board with giving me tms(for back-up) that I have already trained. I Just cant get the work done. Im curious to other plano TL's work weekends and close? I have to work every other weekend one weekend open and one weekend close.

anyone have the numbers to order these? basket label strip holders?
HTML:

i do. will have to wait till monday. or type up shoe label or wire basket label in SAP.

Ok, finally got it.

AS0468 - Clip for Shoe Basket Label Holder fits AS0466 and AX0562.

Although, we've done away with those, and we just use PR000TRN 1 1/4 x 3 Clear Label Holder w/closure snap

To order more of the closure snap rings - it is JHM00TRN.

And because I get asked this one - PR031TRN is for the loop fixtures in photo frames, doormats, and framed art.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've had issues getting into SAP and a lot of things have come up over the last few weeks.

Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back