Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who noticed that there is no backer paper listed on any of the pogs or did I miss a message board? lol

Ptlguy check your halloween/etat adjacency book. I think its on page 4, where it's stated that none of the backer paper will be listed and will not scan to the tied pogs. I saw it today when we were setting. It also tells you what needs backer paper on the same page.

GTC for Waljen43.
Good catch on backer paper.
Always fun when Spot changes how it's been doing things and leaves you guessing.
That's why folks come to The Break Room, its for back up like that.

And welcome to The Break Room.

am I the last store setting Halloween still? we had so much BTS clearance sitting back there today I wasn't happy about that.

Now that's just stupid about the backer paper. When we set mini, it did tie, at least to the end-caps, although not to any of the main runs.

Figures...

Well, if nothing else, it's probably the lamest Halloween backer paper I've ever seen. Doubt many guests would ever even notice it.

I think our store still has too much clearance left every from BTC and BTS to set all of halloween.

Our entire back and side wall is packed full of clearance backpacks, binders etc. We were able to set all of the Halloween, but we are waiting until Friday of next week to attempt to set Christmas.

We just boxed up all the clearance. I'm not sure what happened to the rest.

One thing I want to bring up. Is it just me, or are the rest of you constantly having to move peg-hooks after setting? Halloween was bad. I know that my team and I can follow directions, but when the product hits the pegs...

Granted, this used to happen occasionally in the past, but it just seems nowadays that it's a constant problem.

Oh yeah! Not only are the blueprints missing, but more and more it seems that the measurements are wrong.

What is up with Corp.???

We have a seasoned Plano team who can work the problems out, but I'm thinking god help the next store that I ever do a Planorama in, as who knows what will fit when they finally get the merchandise in?

Especially when you figure almost the whole team would be inexperienced.

Seems to me things have been going downhill for the last couple of years.

There's always been problems with planograms, but they have been much more common and egregious the last year or so. The bill of materials is right about 50% of the time, line listings are wrong, measurements inverted or negative, all sorts of spacing issues, footages don't match, different fixtures or signing are called out on the schematic than what is in the line listing (but they didn't send either anyway), blueprints are missing, it says its a strip label planogram but you then says to generate labels or you have to mysupport to get strips sent or resent as the case may be...the list just goes on and on.

Target wants to save payroll, but then they send all these mistakes. We spend a lot of payroll on readjusting planograms or doing extra work because HQ didn't get it right the first time. Multiply that by ~1800 stores...that's a lot of wasted time and decreased productivity.

I've always wondered if they do the layouts on those things with some kind of an Autocad program where they are just dumping in the specs for the product and having the program automatically fill everything in.
My dad does blueprint checking for a couple of major architecture firms and mostly his job consists of cleaning up the fact that people just assume that Autocad will fix everything and as we all know it just doesn't work that way.
If they aren't going to bother actually going out and setting this stuff up ahead of time to see if it actually works then they can't complain if the hours are off.

Last edited:
Yes, I think some kind of autocad program is used. If they actually set some of these things they would know that a lot of shelves are set an inch too low because the label strip holder protrudes about an eigth of an inch lower than the bottom of the shelf. Some of the small appliance aisles being set now are that way.

There are "plano rooms" in MN where some planos are probably actually set before finalizing, but a lot are apparently autocadded, in India I think, by people who may have never even been inside a Target store.

Just to add that many of the shelves have to be adjusted because whatever program they use doesn't take into account that the rear sides of the shelf slant downward. Inevitably there is a product that sits across two shelves, but won't fit in the vertical space due to the slants, do you have to adjust and readjust many if not all of the shelves in the aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back