Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our SFT always took care of them. He had the nifty stash spots.

ahhh. thanks

on my store, ill tell my PTL and SFT what we need and then they will pass it to the ETL then ETL will email me to look for the pieces. smh

So just wondering how the rest of you are doing. We've been swamped, with Seasonal, Mini, Spot and Cartwell. Not to mention the Revisions...

Man it's been non-stop!

Next week's revisions are massive. I set our swags tonight, then I'll be finally done with Christmas...... UNTIL Black Friday bins come in...

Yeah this week is a pain. we just finished rear and one spot, two more aisles for mini then I think savor spot for tom and maybe friday for the revisions.

Hi guys! I was just wondering if there's anyone who switched from an overnight plano schedule to the 4am shift. We were told recently that it's company wide and that our team will soon be switching to this shift. I was just wondering how everyone adjusted to this schedule. Or if you've been working the 4am shifts, how have you managed doing POGs and revisions while the store's open?

The main differences are that you sometimes have to navigate around guests and you have to work clean. Can't be leaving messes all around.

I just stepped down from Plano-and was forced to transfer to a different, higher volume store, with much fewer hours, because the Presentation TL job was so stressful that it caused a full-blown Fibro flare. The store I was at has lost so many team members since the new STL took over in April that they had to do a mass-hire, 40 regular, and 40 seasonal, and I know I wasn't the only one suffering. The STL played favorites and only hired replacements for one specific team when they would leave, despite everyone telling her that we needed more, and the ETL-HR was on LOA, so we didn't even have someone to go to with our problems. I really enjoyed most aspects of my TL job and loved presentation, but without any support whatsoever, it wasn't worth the pain. I had to take a medical step down or quit, because they wouldn't allow me to transfer to a different position, since I was hit with a corrective over BTS, specifically over Salesplanners which my position didn't do. I wish you all luck in your endeavors to work with what appears to be a system that has gone sour. Oh, and the store I transferred to? They terminated their Plano TL three weeks ago. Since I had talked to her a few times about the situation, I know she was having similar problems in terms of time and support.

I wish we could come in at 4am. No one at my store comes in before 7am, except on Sunday which is 6am. And on truck days, everyone does truck, which we start unloading at 7:15. So, all our planograms, revisions, and signing get set while the store is open. We used to work much cleaner. But there is so much to do, we just make a big mess and clean it up. It's pretty much screw the guest trying to shop. Walk around out mess. Oh well. I honestly see our store closing with 2 or 3 years. We are ULV already and it's a struggle to complete the mandated workloads (POG, price change, etc) when we lose hours because we missed sales.

Hi guys! I was just wondering if there's anyone who switched from an overnight plano schedule to the 4am shift.

Yeah, I did last year. To tell you the truth, don't like it. We went from 10hr shifts to 8. So basically you have 4hrs to really do your stuff, and then when the store opens you have to try to work clean.

Plus they started rotating our schedules, so instead of us all working the same days we rotate. Spreads out the team on different days, so less of us when we need it.

Worst is working the week-ends. You really can't get anything done on the floor after say 11am as guests are constantly asking for help.

To sum up, switching to 4am stretched our week and cut down our productivity.

At least from my perspective...

Hi guys! I was just wondering if there's anyone who switched from an overnight plano schedule to the 4am shift.

Yeah, I did last year. To tell you the truth, don't like it. We went from 10hr shifts to 8. So basically you have 4hrs to really do your stuff, and then when the store opens you have to try to work clean.

Plus they started rotating our schedules, so instead of us all working the same days we rotate. Spreads out the team on different days, so less of us when we need it.

Worst is working the week-ends. You really can't get anything done on the floor after say 11am as guests are constantly asking for help.

To sum up, switching to 4am stretched our week and cut down our productivity.

At least from my perspective...

That's what I figured. I'm not really excited about this switch. I think the switch makes sense if there's absolutely no overnight shifts. However, our flow team is keeping their overnight shifts, while plano switch to 4am. I work at a City Target and we're already busy at 8am-9am. I'm definitely not looking forward to this switch... much less complaints from ETLs for not finishing what they want done..

Our team came in at 5:30 so a good portion of our shift we had to work clean and deal with guests looking for things.
It becomes a given but it doesn't make the job easy especially for signing.

The PTL has to plan out the day very carefully and make sure that all the big projects are completed quickly and completely.
They also have to fight for their teams time.
It's too easy to get sucked into things like smart huddles and register backup.

Well, Finally finished this weeks revisions. As I'm sure all of you know, they were huge!

We should be transitioning to toys next week. Until then, with some time, I'd love to try to clean up the fixture room. Because it really, really gets trashed during the holidays.

Crossing my fingers...

My store's POG team won't finish the revisions this week, MMB and video games are done but not everything else will get done. Oh well...

The HBA salesplanners for this week are brutal! We probably won't finish them this week either :(

Well, Finally finished this weeks revisions. As I'm sure all of you know, they were huge!

We should be transitioning to toys next week. Until then, with some time, I'd love to try to clean up the fixture room. Because it really, really gets trashed during the holidays.

Crossing my fingers...

You'd think they could even out the workload week-to-week a little better. This week was under 40 hours, bracketed by 200+ hour weeks.

Sooo, what do you all think of how the Presentation team is going to do more revisions than pogs in the coming year?

Sooo, what do you all think of how the Presentation team is going to do more revisions than pogs in the coming year?

I don't think it will be too different. I think the workload will stay the same. They are just calling it something different.. I mean the pogs that don't change much, It's not like they got stripped anyway..so they are just calling it a new name to make sure people are saving time.. I know a lot of newbie plano members stripped everything not matter what... smh.. it's a time waster if don't know any better.. corporate just got hip to the game. It's still a ploy to "save payroll"... if the calendar says 5 hours now... it's probably gonna say 3 and the hours given on payroll will be less.. it's all a way for the big wigs to put more money in their ever growing pockets.

I don't think it will be too different. I think the workload will stay the same. They are just calling it something different.. I mean the pogs that don't change much, It's not like they got stripped anyway..so they are just calling it a new name to make sure people are saving time.. I know a lot of newbie plano members stripped everything not matter what... smh.. it's a time waster if don't know any better.. corporate just got hip to the game. It's still a ploy to "save payroll"... if the calendar says 5 hours now... it's probably gonna say 3 and the hours given on payroll will be less.. it's all a way for the big wigs to put more money in their ever growing pockets.

I've been trying to figure out why this whole thing didn't feel right and you nailed it.
Brilliant.
A giant GTC.

I've been trying to figure out why this whole thing didn't feel right and you nailed it.
Brilliant.
A giant GTC.

Not sure if it's a scam like you guys think, or a real cutback on how much we do. They've been cheapening the transitions lately - hardly any backer paper in mini for Halloween is the most recent example - so maybe now they are really trying to cut back on meaningless changes. In the past pegged sections might swap with shelved sections for no good reason. It's a lot less work to just rejigger the pegs, change some shelf heights, and install new labels to come out with pretty much the same result - room for new product.

The downside is that only what changes will get cleaned so some aisles may start to look pretty ratty.

Reactions: NOP
What I hear is they are going to alot a certain amount of hours a month to set all the "pogs" and the ptl has to guestimate how many hours of that to use each week. Our new ptl doesn't plan ahead 3 weeks like others, so I guess it won't be much different for us...

I was just told all pog and pricing will begin their workday at 8am. anyone else hear this?

I was just told all pog and pricing will begin their workday at 8am. anyone else hear this?

We've been doing this. Pog and pricing help with truck then go to their workcenter. Pricing comes in at 8am everyday and Pog is 8am on truck days and 7am on the other days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back