Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

I sort combos and sort /detrash 4s while working the back of the line. We have someone on the floor sorting and pushing 6s since back to school was so heavy. I'm sure it will change now that we are going into halloween.

Yes. So far, so good. 2 weeks in and it's working pretty well. We are low volume though.

Anybody elses' DC like to be all whacky zany with their number marking?

I get a lot of ones marked 6 that have maybe 1 or 2 office/stationery items and the rest is sporting goods. Or they'll mark one as 4 and it'll be a random combo. Or they don't affix a new label and the latest one is for a store that's 300 miles away. Come to think of it there's been a 1000% increase in MSPK items lately when before we'd get a couple per trailer once a week, now we get enough random store numbers to fill a black repack every day. Lolwut.

So you guys sort out your 4s and 6s under the line? The office/stat/home repacks?

We start this tomorrow and I’m kinda freaking out now
The stationery repacks are pulled at the front of our new unload process; kitchen/sporting goods/toys/pets/seasonal all come down to the end were I sort them into department-specific repacks under the line. Domestics repacks are put on a flatbed, as is (unsorted). Since some stationery items and hardware items are often in the repacks I sort, I run one box for each of those too.
It works, but it's very crowded, hot & sweaty. (Of course, when winter comes, we'll be shivering until the line really starts moving.) We're still waiting for a shipment of u-boats, which means we run out of vehicles every single truck day and the ones we do have are over-filled. Even when the expected vehicles arrive, it's still going to be crowded because the vehicles still have to be in place to be filled - they just won't be over-filled. I hope.

Anybody elses' DC like to be all whacky zany with their number marking?

I get a lot of ones marked 6 that have maybe 1 or 2 office/stationery items and the rest is sporting goods. Or they'll mark one as 4 and it'll be a random combo. Or they don't affix a new label and the latest one is for a store that's 300 miles away. Come to think of it there's been a 1000% increase in MSPK items lately when before we'd get a couple per trailer once a week, now we get enough random store numbers to fill a black repack every day. Lolwut.
This is a new thing at your store? I've complained about this so much with no result that I've stopped saying anything about it. Worst time for it is BTS - stationery and health care mixed with each other, seemingly randomly marked for one or the other.

the cardboard catch on the back of the uboats is worthless, holds very little and only the bigger boxes will stay on it
Amen to this. I miss the trash cages so much! Hang a bag on the end for plastic, another for styrofoam, and it was good to go.
The way I deal with it is to arrange 3 or 4 larger boxes as a starter base; then I can put smaller boxes on top of them, as long as I don't push them down all the way. (Otherwise, those deodorant and protein bar boxes just fall out of the bottom.) The cardboard area on those things needs a middle bar to hold smaller boxes better.

So we had are first double today and we ran out of vehicles and starting using pallets then we went back to bowling and using trash cages. When the store found out we decided to do the truck old style we got a big lecture on why what we did was wrong
So what was their solution then for if/when this happens again?

So what was their solution then for if/when this happens again?
Like most things to do with flow
We were told not to do it again and there sure we well figure it out.
Sure depending on how much are ETL cares about staying on course well probably do it again or stop the unload and push for a few hours and finish the rest after lunch and spend 8hrs trying to unload trucks until 12:30pm

Sure depending on how much are ETL cares about staying on course well probably do it again or stop the unload and push for a few hours and finish the rest after lunch and spend 8hrs trying to unload trucks until 12:30pm

You aren’t allowed to use the system that works, yet management has no idea how to adapt the system that doesn’t work to make it successful, then dumps it all on the team saying “you’ll figure it out”. This is what passes for leadership at Target? Disgraceful.🙄

Nice, we don't have anywhere to park that many. We don't have anywhere to park the 10 U-boats we have now.
We remodeled to the enhanced sfs so our receiving and stockroom are completely different. All bulk racking is higher up so that all uboats can be parked underneath all of receiving.

You aren’t allowed to use the system that works, yet management has no idea how to adapt the system that doesn’t work to make it successful, then dumps it all on the team saying “you’ll figure it out”. This is what passes for leadership at Target? Disgraceful.🙄
Welcome to new flow team were people that have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but still expects the same level of performance as old flow even though the whole team is stressed,confused and have no idea why there being yelled for doing what has been drilled in there heads for years about going as fast as they can as a team

Just want to see what the thrower during unload is responsible for now because according to are store manager the thrower now has to throw the whole truck ,push the line,work the line if it gets back up and has to pull pallets out of the truck all on there own .
It seems kinda unfair making the guy already doing the most physical part of the unload do all that without help Because honestly only like 2 guys on flow are even capable of doing all that on there own
We have 2 guys that rotate. 1 is in the truck while the other is outside the truck taking off transition to be sorted, paper/chem and electronics to it’s locked cage. They switch off every half hour or so.

Welcome to new flow team were people that have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but still expects the same level of performance as old flow even though the whole team is stressed,confused and have no idea why there being yelled for doing what has been drilled in there heads for years about going as fast as they can as a team

I went through the same insanity at my old store with the backroom and SFS processes. Seems like the less the ETL understands the process, the more they criticize and blame the team. This can’t end well. 🙄 Good luck.🍀

We're about to begin the new process this week.

Haven't received any of the vehicles for it.

Have a truck every day and a double midweek.

Should go great. đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

UNION UNION UNION UNION
ORGANIZING ORGANIZING ORGANIZING

COLLECTIVE BARGAINING LOL

Hey corporate! Now that I have your attention, I'd just like to say, FUCK Y'ALL for taking our cages. A pox on your houses and your firstborn until the cages come back!

well seeya xoxoxoxo

Been thru all this. Some stores and tms are going to make it. Some won’t. Keep your options open. Learn new work centers And most importantly be ready to work for a new employer. Look for work. There are better places to be. It’s tough, unfair and all that but bounce back. On your feet.

This is what our truck team does lately if the truck is really huge. Takes a break then pushes for hour or so, then back to unloading the truck. Our latest unload so far has been 11am.

sounds like next year's best team survey is gonna be extra spicy

Back