Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

That sounds about right, our backroom is tight as well, I think also having people pull full ones out helps. I saw that today people coming back to pull the full ones out and replace them or stage them to go back to the line after they were bowled out. This was one day I saw, I could be fucking wrong about everything I saw, since I usually miss the unload. Or catch the very tail end of it.

Wait did i read that right
You guys are bowling out from the U-boats?

Wait did i read that right
You guys are bowling out from the U-boats?

For some of flow, yeah, space thing, can't do both U-boats and pallets in the back cause some of the store is done the old way of flow, bowl/push some is new way from uboats, but can't have both in the back. So for those bits yep..

I think the back stocking depends on the volume size of the store, however, reality says many people are lazy and don't want to back stock themselves, they say that they don't know how and some just don't care. For me personally, I will if I have the time and I've run my uboats and flats, but the guys in the back usually tell me not to worry about it.

Were scheduled for 10 trucks again this week.
No amount of caffeine is going get me through this holiday season

Try slamming a RedLine energy drink -or- preworkout mix with 240mg pseudoephedrine. You'll get so steezed your eyelids will twitch. That and the tingly flush is annoying but beats falling asleep on your feet

I think the back stocking depends on the volume size of the store, however, reality says many people are lazy and don't want to back stock themselves, they say that they don't know how and some just don't care. For me personally, I will if I have the time and I've run my uboats and flats, but the guys in the back usually tell me not to worry about it.

Whoever doesn't like back stocking is crazy!! A few of us on Plano like it so much we take turns!! ;) Just me, a device and a quiet backroom are a great change from being in the floor and trying to work around and with guests!!:D

Took us 5 hours to unload a 1500 truck today. They only had 2 people scheduled on the line and I came in on my day off. We also had 15 vehicles left over from the day before, so when flow left today we literally hadn't pushed any of today's truck. I understand them wanting to cut hours going into 4th quarter, but with this new process they just can't do that. We were actually doing decently okay finishing trucks when they gave us the hours but now its a complete shit show going into 4th quarter. They need to realize, with the old process, you could fall behind a little bit, because everything was on a pallet you could just throw it in the steel for a little bit until you had free time to fix it, with this, you are out of u-boats after 1 day of falling behind and are just screwed when it comes to vehicles which then have to set on the sales floor until they get pushed. We were supposed to have a visit from the DTL today too, so I'm glad he will get to se how big of a mess this is.

Whoever doesn't like back stocking is crazy!! A few of us on Plano like it so much we take turns!! ;) Just me, a device and a quiet backroom are a great change from being in the floor and trying to work around and with guests!!:D
I totally agree with you, I was the backroom guy tonight and will be floor for 4 and backroom for 5. It was my first day by myself and I loved it. It was also my first day having to use the wave machine to pull some CAFS which I like, but there is a learning curve. If you can leave the backroom and have at least a couple pallets empty, then you did a good job.

How are you guys dealing with Christmas freight and if you can post pictures of your set ups without sharing your store then that would be great. Were having a real hard time figuring out they best way to deal with it

I will find out tomorrow.. It's a double and our ETL Logs last day, sweep and pretty decent vendor day.. Going to be busy..

We did not survive the double, got both unloaded but we are completely out of uboats, tubs, flats and triple tiers, shopping carts are also in shot supply.. It took me five hour to load the sweep trailer, it took that long to get my receiving area clear enough to get stuff ready to go on the truck.

We did not survive the double, got both unloaded but we are completely out of uboats, tubs, flats and triple tiers, shopping carts are also in shot supply.. It took me five hour to load the sweep trailer, it took that long to get my receiving area clear enough to get stuff ready to go on the truck.
Clearing "areas" is my hugest challenge every single week to get the sweep loaded.

Back