I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

Question.

We’ve had a couple of guest asking about a “reloadable red card” stating that they were told that you can buy this card for $50 and then target we give you $6000 on the card over the next 6 months.. obviously this is a scam but I’m wondering if any of y’all have heard of this or anything like it. We’ve had 3 guest in the past 2 days asking about this thing.

Question.

We’ve had a couple of guest asking about a “reloadable red card” stating that they were told that you can buy this card for $50 and then target we give you $6000 on the card over the next 6 months.. obviously this is a scam but I’m wondering if any of y’all have heard of this or anything like it. We’ve had 3 guest in the past 2 days asking about this thing.

Very bizarre. I'd let your GSTL know so they can let your AP and ETLs know that it's something to look out for. Corporations... or anyone really... just handing out $6000 is simply never gonna happen so not sure why they're even bothering to ask, even if the customers are just asking because it's "what they heard from a friend of a friend" and legitimately have no idea.

Question.

It is a scam. Don't do it. Let your ap know.
https://www.giftcards.com/gcgf/giftcard-scams
From target webpage:
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to get red cards. No guest show any interest regardless of how much I educate them about the benefits. I've tried everything from keeping it short and sweet to really diving into the benefits. Nobody carries checks anymore but I still mention the debit card. Any tips to share or success stories? Our biggest red card cashier just asks "Are you using your Target red card to get that extra 5% off on everything?" o_O

I'm struggling to get red cards. No guest show any interest regardless of how much I educate them about the benefits. I've tried everything from keeping it short and sweet to really diving into the benefits. Nobody carries checks anymore but I still mention the debit card. Any tips to share or success stories? Our biggest red card cashier just asks "Are you using your Target red card to get that extra 5% off on everything?" o_O
Knowing the ad & Cartwheel are the ways to get red cards. Salesfloor can help you too.

If they are interested but don't have a check. Send a pamphlet home so they can sign up online. If they live in the vicinity of your store you will get credit.

I have a question!!! Does anyone know of a position called DDT
Hr called me and asked if I could interview for a “DDT” position and I have no idea that that is ??? Help

My store didn't come anywhere close to REDcard goal last night, but the LOD didn't really care so that's good I guess

My store didn't come anywhere close to REDcard goal last night, but the LOD didn't really care so that's good I guess

I still don't know what my store's RC goal is. It's not posted like it used to be. I'd ask, but no sense poking the sleeping bear! They don't even announce it over the walkie when someone nails one.

No thanks...I will continue to use it most of the time. Mainly want the credit card to help with credit rating by having more credit available overall.
You can also manage your red card on-line to check current balance or see when payment is due.
I get a text when mine is due then make payments at the Service Desk next time I work.
Easy peasy.

You can also manage your red card on-line to check current balance or see when payment is due.
I get a text when mine is due then make payments at the Service Desk next time I work.
Easy peasy.
Yeah, I have the online access set up already for the debit card. Figured the CC would be seamless as well. I'll probably just transfer directly from my credit union account. Thanks!

We didn't hit goal for the longest and last year we were in the top 3 in the entire company. It's a decrease overall in all stores. I still say they should have married cartwheel with the redcard or just make getting the debit version easier.

We didn't hit goal for the longest and last year we were in the top 3 in the entire company. It's a decrease overall in all stores. I still say they should have married cartwheel with the redcard or just make getting the debit version easier.

The saturation is real. I think over 30 percent of our transactions are paid for with a RC.

This. Making it more exclusive would get those that are on the fence or don't really want it to jump in on it, even if the deals aren't that great. The average person wants in on something that's exclusive.
I mean or just like 10% off your first purchase.

We do now offer 10% on your anniversary if you sign up for emails.

Yeah...there needs to be more perks than just 5% and free shipping. A once-a-month extra 10% or some super-special coupons that are completely separate from the exclusive Cartwheel deals. Maybe tie perk points into the RC instead....buy x amount of $ using the Red Card and get points that can be redeemed on a future shopping trip...and can only be activated if yes, you use the RC. That way it can't be scammed...maybe?

Back