I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

I mean or just like 10% off your first purchase.

We do now offer 10% on your anniversary if you sign up for emails.

It used to be 10% off your first purchase a while back but it wasn't the 5 percent every day as it is now.

To be fair I thought the red card exclusive for black Friday this year was exceptional. Last Wednesday you could get any black Friday/thanksgiving promotion for the door buster price online. I did store pickup and got a bunch of crap without the hassle of lines or worry of breaking the purchasing guidelines.

Our whole store seems to be on a dry spell. The vets ask almost every transaction, but our seasonals are horrible about it. On top of that, half of them have no clue what they're doing.

Anyone know how they bump up your credit limit? I started with a 300 limit then randomly I got a letter stating it had been moved to an 800 limit. I curious how they figure out when to bump someone limit , I wouldn't mind just having a 1000 limit just figured I would of been there by now

Anyone know how they bump up your credit limit? I started with a 300 limit then randomly I got a letter stating it had been moved to an 800 limit. I curious how they figure out when to bump someone limit , I wouldn't mind just having a 1000 limit just figured I would of been there by now

Some cards do it automatically based on your credit score or how long you have been with them but I know for my capital one rewards card I can ask for an increase on their website

Ever since I applied for the redcard credit card and got declined, I've been 3pts lower than what I use to be at lmao welcome to adulting.

I've been back to my old store for almost 2 mos, and I still don't know what our RC goal is. I know we have days where we don't get any. No one seems to care, no memos for the cashiers from the ETL-GE or STL in the binders at the lanes.....so, why should I care?

Do hardlines folks on the lanes as backup usually ask people about REDCards? I tend not to, mainly because if I'm up there it's busy and I'm torn between trying to be a good little worker bee and trying reducing the amount of time guests spend waiting to give us their money.

Does anyone else in electronics have a ton of problems with red card apps not working on our registers? It's been a consistent problem in my store, to the point where we're allowed to just have interested people go to guest services, and aren't held to red card metrics or pressured to get them.

Do hardlines folks on the lanes as backup usually ask people about REDCards? I tend not to, mainly because if I'm up there it's busy and I'm torn between trying to be a good little worker bee and trying reducing the amount of time guests spend waiting to give us their money.

I do depending on how much they spend. My old store our gstl would coach backup people for not asking. You can guess whose backup calls were ignored.

This is life or death.

If I make a payment in store with cash is it reflected on the bill right away? What about online?

This is life or death.

If I make a payment in store with cash is it reflected on the bill right away? What about online?

My understanding is it still takes a few days to post. Had a guest complaining today that she made a payment in store yesterday and
she still couldn't charge anymore to her account today.

Yeah I have guests all the time in guest service who will make a payment, and then come back an hour later making a big scene about their card getting declined. “Well yeah, it has to process.” “THEN I WANT MY MONEY BACK WHATS THE POINT OF PAYING MY CARD IF I CANT USE IT”

I don't think our store has had a green week since June and they're still pushing us to "Ask, ask ask." though I don't think our front end really cares.

Last edited:
My store has completely ditched REDcards as a metric because there’s no way to check how many an individual has gotten anymore. Looks like they’re going the way of the speed score.

My store has completely ditched REDcards as a metric because there’s no way to check how many an individual has gotten anymore. Looks like they’re going the way of the speed score.

Wow, really no way to check? That makes sense why my store writes down on the grid when someone gets a RC. So if someone uses that, they could keep track of who is getting RCs and who isn't.

Wow, really no way to check? That makes sense why my store writes down on the grid when someone gets a RC. So if someone uses that, they could keep track of who is getting RCs and who isn't.

There’s nothing stopping them from physically keeping track, but there’s no way for them to pull up a report that details how many REDcards you’ve gotten.

It is my understanding that they can still look up RedCard applications on any team member.
They are able to check just about everything that you do on a register.....
Your % of sale of RedCards
# of RCs applied for
cashier speed (yes, this metric still exists, but it isn't used as a failure in how you work)
how much money goes through (each cashier's shifts) that doesn't have an assigned department
amount of money used for "store coupons" or "manufacturer's coupons" or any other price change or adjustment that is made

They have made a lot of changes to workbench that only allows TMs of higher status to access this type of information.
Guest surveys and guest comments are unavailable to lower level TMs too.

It is my understanding that they can still look up RedCard applications on any team member.
They are able to check just about everything that you do on a register.....
Your % of sale of RedCards
# of RCs applied for
cashier speed (yes, this metric still exists, but it isn't used as a failure in how you work)
how much money goes through (each cashier's shifts) that doesn't have an assigned department
amount of money used for "store coupons" or "manufacturer's coupons" or any other price change or adjustment that is made

They have made a lot of changes to workbench that only allows TMs of higher status to access this type of information.
Guest surveys and guest comments are unavailable to lower level TMs too.

I checked on MPM 2.0 and while the TOTAL number of REDcards are still visible, the list showing the amount each TM has is not. Now obviously if they really wanted to know how many REDcard applications you have, they can still check. My GSTL doesn't have access to that information, though. I think Target is shifting priorities.

Back