I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

Another TM I work with just got a target debit card. She used it once. The next day was denied. She called and they gave her some kind of reason relating to the amount of their transaction and the balance in her account. Not sure what that all means. I never had a problem from the get go.

My guest said she hadn't used her card in a year or so. So I signed her up for another one. How long before Target de-activates a card because of no activity?

Our whole district got very few prompts yesterday and today. We had stores with 2500% conversion. Anybody else? Was this a holiday gift to put us all green YTD?

Our whole district got very few prompts yesterday and today. We had stores with 2500% conversion. Anybody else? Was this a holiday gift to put us all green YTD?
No idea. I got one prompt Wednesday and no prompts Friday (9 and 7 hour shifts, respectively). Did they take them off to speed things up?

they shut prompts down on wednesday until at least friday. They do this every year which is awesome because you can really boast your YTD score this week.

they shut prompts down on wednesday until at least friday. They do this every year which is awesome because you can really boast your YTD score this week.

I guess I never noticed this! Of course this year I didn't work, and last year I was on Sales FLoor

Interesting...

They should've left the prompts off all weekend. We got a ton of Red Cards yesterday, but our conversion was still low because we got lots of prompts.

I didn't work this weekend so I'm not sure how we did on saturday for redcards but when I left wednesday night before all the prompts were shut off (we got like 15 on wednesday) we were sitting at a 14.71 for weekly conversion so hopefully we killed it this week.

We weren't doing well with REDCards on Saturday, and then the application system went down for us. And the poor kid who found out the hard way that after I try it on three registers and can't get it to go and you have to give up and apologize to the guest...well, I felt so bad for him.

Our newly-hired GSA (<1 month) was termed for not promoting REDcards enough, which is total BS. She just wasn't into all the woo-hooing and screeching over the walkie the GSTLs usually do.

That's how your conversion score is figured. When you get that yellow screen asking about the REDcard, that is a prompt. Spot figures you should be able to get an application there. So what happens they figure your score like this:

Number of applications/Number of prompts X .5 = your conversion score. And weekly that needs to be above 3.0. (Or thereabouts.)

So that means for every 50 REDcard prompts you see, you need to be averaging around 3 REDcards. The higher the better.

My store must be consistently red on red cards because today the store got 4 red cards the entire day and the GSTL and LOD were ready to crap rainbows and start singing over it.

My store must be consistently red on red cards because today the store got 4 red cards the entire day and the GSTL and LOD were ready to crap rainbows and start singing over it.

Yeah, that's bad. My store got 18 REDcards yesterday (Monday, probably the least busiest day) and that's considered "excellent." 10 or more is what's expected. Thankfully we haven't been below 3% conversion since the breach.

The sad part is, we have an award for green YTD conversion for a few years back in the ETL-GE office, but something like 80% of people use their RedCard at our store

Correction, 80% of my observed guests on the floor and on a register. We could very well have less red cards than it seems
Edit: point being our store is terrible on conversion, despite the incentives we have.

My GSTL told me they're testing out a way to sign up for a Red Card with a regular debit/bank card in California/the west coast. Can anyone confirm/deny? If this is true I think conversion will go up because the most common excuse is "I don't carry checks" (and let's face it, very few people regularly carry checkbooks).

My GSTL told me they're testing out a way to sign up for a Red Card with a regular debit/bank card in California/the west coast. Can anyone confirm/deny? If this is true I think conversion will go up because the most common excuse is "I don't carry checks" (and let's face it, very few people regularly carry checkbooks).

They ran this test a few years back and it was a miserable failure with all of the problems. I'd be surprised if they figured out a different way to do it.

And let's face it, if this did work, they would just bump up the conversion goals even higher.

It would be nice, but I don't see corporate actually investing enough money to make it work

Back