I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

Only the cash registers programmed as "checklanes" will contribute to speed scores. Satellite registers, including electronics, cafe, and photo will not contribute to speed scores. Likewise, other satellites like guest service, pharmacy, optical, clinic, are also not going to contribute.

Im under 90days and i dont show up on public one everyone sees, but one that gstl has shows my name. This is just my observation so i dont really know for sure. Also for the exact score, i think it only shows people under green.

Im under 90days and i dont show up on public one everyone sees, but one that gstl has shows my name. This is just my observation so i dont really know for sure. Also for the exact score, i think it only shows people under green.

That was my guess. I had noticed as well that my number is on the GSTL sheet but not the public one. Anyway, I've dragged this far enough off topic...

So...how 'bout those redcards?

Your GSTL should be more concerned with behaviors then results. As long as you ask every guest and explain the benefits of the Redcard, thats all you can do.

This morning as soon as i clocked in for work, one of the gsa asked me to sign this paper that says i acknowledge i did not get any redcard lastweek with 50prompts...

You had to sign a paper because you didn't get any RedCards in a WEEK? I've gone for months without a RedCard, and the only time I've ever had anyone say anything to me about it was when a certain former GSTL was new and had no idea how saturated and/or defiantly resistant our guest population is.

Since when can GSAs coach TMs or write TMs up? All they can really do is attempt to motivate TMs to drive red cards, and if they have any concerns with an individual TM, all they can do is forward it to a TL/ETL/STL. That was always my understanding of the, "power" a GSA has in terms of TM disciplinary action...i.e., none.

Since when can GSAs coach TMs or write TMs up? All they can really do is attempt to motivate TMs to drive red cards, and if they have any concerns with an individual TM, all they can do is forward it to a TL/ETL/STL. That was always my understanding of the, "power" a GSA has in terms of TM disciplinary action...i.e., none.

Agreed!

If its the Front End Cashier Report were it breaks down the number of transactions, speed scores, and # of prompts & conversion average. That is common practice for cashiers to sign it. Its just to acknowledge you have viewed and know your performance.

Target may push cashiers hard to get red cards. But your only requirement for the cards is to be knowledgeable of the card and benefits, and to present the card and its benefits to the guest when the POS prompts you to. If it comes down to it, you can ask every guest about the card. One of the best things to mention is to link the guest's checking account to the Target debit card, and they will still receive the 5% discount. Just make sure the guest knows the withdraw process of the debit card.

Have had this discussion more than once with our ETL-GE. If cashier A is asking at every prompt and can explain the benefits, I will not in good conscience coach without a direct order. And then I will argue first.

That might make me try harder, honestly. As it is, if I get my one for the day, I stop asking guests unless prompted, know I will be prompted (large cash order), they write a check, or there's a GSA, GSTL, or LOD nearby.

I figure if they want me to get them that badly, they can offer something besides a shout out on a walkie.

A shout out on a walkie means nothing to cashiers at my store because we don't have walkies!

There is a report that GSTLs can print out that lists the goal numbers for the store, but there is a full listing for anyone ringing on the front lanes.
Some of the information listed is: cashier speed, cashier transactions, prompts for RED CARDS, your conversion rate.....and then most of these numbers are listed for each individual for year-to-dates on all these things.

A shout out on a walkie means nothing to cashiers at my store because we don't have walkies!

It's always fun to hear over the walkie dozens of times a day,
"Congratulations to J*** for helping a guest save 5% each and every day. Great job. That his fourth card today...

But you know what that's not enough we need ten more right away come on guys get on it."

I hate the emphasis they put on red cards...and it's kind of hard to get red cards back in electronics because we don't get as many guests as the front lanes...they want me to get 2 or 3 a days when I'm lucky to get 1 a month...

I hate the emphasis they put on red cards...and it's kind of hard to get red cards back in electronics because we don't get as many guests as the front lanes...they want me to get 2 or 3 a days when I'm lucky to get 1 a month...

You may not get as many guests back there, but keep in mind: the items you sell back there are much more expensive than the majority of the store, so the savings will be more significant when buying an Xbox than a week's worth of groceries.

Exactly. If you are able to do the math while you're ringing them up/helping them decide that's a really easy way to help convince them.

"Would you like to save $15 today on your xbox and 5% everyday?"

Most people need a tangible thing because 5% doesn't mean anything.

It sounds like your store is a stickler with the Redcards. My original store wasn't too bad when it came to Redcards, the normal reminder every day but I never got close to a coaching. I would get maybe 3 a month and never got talked to about it. At the time I was a Cashier but never really Cashiered, that may be the reason. They knew I was usually covering the GSTL's lunch, giving them time to write their status, or covering guest services or something else. But now I am the one who has to drive my team to get Redcards and I do not feel that punishing them and threatening them with coachings will get them to try any harder. I like to have a workcenter full of friendship and love! :man_in_love:

one of our stores nearby just fired about half the front end team for not meeting conversion. That includes cashiers if they were red they were on paper and then out the door.

As far as I understood, we can't really just coach them on the number itself... however, we can coach on the behaviors that contribute to the low numbers! I can tell you i want you to ask every guest even if its simple like "have you heard about our debit card?" and then you get shut down... if you choose to not do it, I can further it to CA, final, and term eventually! Or if you K8 the prompts without asking etc... But I can't coach you because your number is red by itself without some sort of behavior issue to follow up with! I can tell you that it will effect your review score though, and that a lower conversion number reflects behaviors that don't drive the redcard!

As far as I understood, we can't really just coach them on the number itself... however, we can coach on the behaviors that contribute to the low numbers! I can tell you i want you to ask every guest even if its simple like "have you heard about our debit card?" and then you get shut down... if you choose to not do it, I can further it to CA, final, and term eventually! Or if you K8 the prompts without asking etc... But I can't coach you because your number is red by itself without some sort of behavior issue to follow up with! I can tell you that it will effect your review score though, and that a lower conversion number reflects behaviors that don't drive the redcard!

Great answer!

Hello, i've just started as a cashier at a super target and had a few questions.

First and foremost, does anyone know where I can find a print out online of Target's PLU codes for vegetables and bakery? The ones provided at the register are poorly grouped and takes a great deal of time so i'd like to just make a copy of them in excel, and put them in alphabetical order for simplicity and speed. I never knew how very uneducated I was in terms of different types of vegetables until I started this job, lol.

Second question is regarding the red cards, they're seems to be a huge lack of important details that I need to successfully inform and promote them to the customer. Some example questions would be...

• Are they're any fees what-so-ever while using either credit or debit cards?
  • What is the interest rate and credit limit on the credit cards? If it depends on credit score (which is odd to me since "we don't credit check"), then what is the min-max?
  • Any suggestions on how to respond to "further processing required", after you pitched them a 5% discount today and now they can't get the discount?

My apologies if this information is already posted, i'm sure it is somewhere, but couldn't seem to find these specifics in forum search. Thanks for your time!

P.S. -
target-bulls-eye.jpg

Redcard stuff- The only charge is for the credit card if they miss or late on a payment or don't pay it off and accrue interest.

Interest rate and credit limit are both based on credit check, though the the interest rate is generally 22%-ish, though I did see one get it as low as 18.25% on their temp card. Whoever told you they don't do a credit check for a credit card was wrong. Even the debit card goes through a checking check to see if the account has a huge history of bounced checks.

My store still gives the 5% off, even if they have to wait 7 to 10 days. Dunno if that's brand, but we figure out the 5% in our head and take it off as a Target coupon. It helps us push them when they have large orders and know they don't have a prayer of being approved.

(GTC for RG)

Greetings and salutations IamJacksSmirkingRevenge.
Great nick by the way.
Like the toon too.

Back