The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Some weird coupon lady was buying like 18 bottles of shampoo (nothing else) and was getting free gift cards throughout the whole thing and then ended up using like 10 coupons (which the register took all of them) which brought like a $60 purchase to like $4.52 which she paid for with a $5 gift card from a previous purchase. Whatever. Girl knows how to shop. But what bothered me was that she photographed the whole thing?? Every time the screen "scan gift card" came up she took a picture which still is like whatever but I guess she was taking pictures of me ringing up her stuff??? I didn't even know she was doing that until at the end I handed her a bag and she put her phone down to pick it up and I saw the picture on her screen. Like... lady... what the fuck. I didn't even know what to do so I just pretended like I didn't see it but honestly it really bothered me. I thought she was cool until I saw that because really that's just weird. Get a life. Extreme couponing on a Tuesday morning and getting so much excitement you gotta photograph everything??? Fucking weirdo

Some weird coupon lady was buying like 18 bottles of shampoo (nothing else) and was getting free gift cards throughout the whole thing and then ended up using like 10 coupons (which the register took all of them) which brought like a $60 purchase to like $4.52 which she paid for with a $5 gift card from a previous purchase. Whatever. Girl knows how to shop. But what bothered me was that she photographed the whole thing?? Every time the screen "scan gift card" came up she took a picture which still is like whatever but I guess she was taking pictures of me ringing up her stuff??? I didn't even know she was doing that until at the end I handed her a bag and she put her phone down to pick it up and I saw the picture on her screen. Like... lady... what the fuck. I didn't even know what to do so I just pretended like I didn't see it but honestly it really bothered me. I thought she was cool until I saw that because really that's just weird. Get a life. Extreme couponing on a Tuesday morning and getting so much excitement you gotta photograph everything??? Fucking weirdo

You should have called AP.

The coupon specifically says one per customer/guest.

Oh shoot really I just thought that if the register takes it it's okay

That's what my store says. When in doubt, trust the POS. In this instance I have no idea if you can really get blamed for any fraud that just happened because you placed your trust in the POS(like at my store we're told to do) but a specific case like this comes up and kind of throws everything off, TRUST THE POS... but don't.

That's what my store says. When in doubt, trust the POS. In this instance I have no idea if you can really get blamed for any fraud that just happened because you placed your trust in the POS(like at my store we're told to do) but a specific case like this comes up and kind of throws everything off, TRUST THE POS... but don't.
:rolleyes: I mean it seemed legit I just thought she like really really planned out this trip which there's nothing wrong with that, literally the only problem I had was the taking pictures of me without my consent/knowledge

Depending on how she did it, it could be legit. Target accepts four copies of a coupon. So you can go onto legitimate sites like coupons.com, select your coupons, print to a pdf, and then print from that pdf as much as you want until the coupons expire. And if the site offers the same offer on a different week, it will have a different coupon number. Some things like certain shampoos have the same or similar offer most weeks, so you can get 3 or 4 coupons reading the same, maybe even with the same expiration date, but with a different coupon number. Print out four copies of each and that is a big stack of 4 identical copies of a coupon/4 copies of the same offer that is a different coupon/4 copies of a third week, same offer, different coupon, and so on, and it is completely legitimate way of getting a good deal and stocking up.

I didn't quite go to 18 bottles of shampoo, but I did get 8 Hillshire Farms Small Plates at a time based on coupons from two different weeks before I started counting calories.

Giant Foods only accepts one copy of a coupon, and I got a lot of dirty looks from cashiers when I would present three or four separate coupons that had the same offer. They wanted to turn them down so bad, but couldn't since the coupon number confirmed they were different coupons.

:rolleyes: I mean it seemed legit I just thought she like really really planned out this trip which there's nothing wrong with that, literally the only problem I had was the taking pictures of me without my consent/knowledge

Yeah honestly probably just some soccermom blogging website she runs "HOW TO SAVE BIG AT YOUR LOCAL TARGET(HACKS!!!)" I've actually run into a few bloggers who couponed for it on how to save big.

Depending on how she did it, it could be legit. Target accepts four copies of a coupon. So you can go onto legitimate sites like coupons.com, select your coupons, print to a pdf, and then print from that pdf as much as you want until the coupons expire. And if the site offers the same offer on a different week, it will have a different coupon number.

WTF? No.
When you print from coupons.com, you can print two copies per device. You can't print one to a PDF and print endless copies. Each coupon has a different number on it. You need to check them to be sure that they aren't copies.
You can't print one $3 off Pantene coupon to a PDF and then show up with 4 copies of that one coupon. Yes, the register will scan them all, up to four on the same transaction. You need to use common sense.

WTF? No.
When you print from coupons.com, you can print two copies per device. You can't print one to a PDF and print endless copies. Each coupon has a different number on it. You need to check them to be sure that they aren't copies.
You can't print one $3 off Pantene coupon to a PDF and then show up with 4 copies of that one coupon. Yes, the register will scan them all, up to four on the same transaction. You need to use common sense.

I do it all the time, every week. My browser is set up so that the "printer" coupons.com default prints to is actually Microsoft Print to PDF. I then close the browser and I open the file in Acrobat Reader and print from that program. Doing it that way ensures I can reuse the coupons over and over until the expiration date passes.

If it were fraud, why would coupons.com permit it? It's not like I'm hacking the website to do something they blocked.

If it were fraud, why would coupons.com permit it? It's not like I'm hacking the website to do something they blocked.
Well you kinda are. They clearly don't want you to print to PDF-- that's why they have all those weird requirements about printing. You found a loophole.

Ask me for a gift receipt when I already printed out the receipt. Why didn't you ask when I scanned the item? Then get all annoyed about me trying to figure out how and having to call a supervisor (new cashier here), which then holds up the line.

Get all orney over the fact something rang up as $1 and not .95 cents, then I have to go back and change each item just to save you a nickel and there's a ton of them. It's a nickel, it's not going to kill you.

Ask me for a gift receipt when I already printed out the receipt. Why didn't you ask when I scanned the item? Then get all annoyed about me trying to figure out how and having to call a supervisor (new cashier here), which then holds up the line.

Get all orney over the fact something rang up as $1 and not .95 cents, then I have to go back and change each item just to save you a nickel and there's a ton of them. It's a nickel, it's not going to kill you.
if you're GS coded you can print one by scanning the receipt barcode and then k-something gift receipt, enter vcd

How do you not know how to do that?! It literally takes LESS time to do it after you ring it than it does to do it while you ring it.

Eh, not with entering the VCD. plus it can't be done if you're not GS coded I don't think
Scan, pick the k-key choice, enter the VCD, enter the # of gift receipts needed. No special access required. Been doing it since day 1. I can literally do it in 5 seconds, as I can 10-key like a pro.

ETA: Seriously, if I called a supervisor to do that, I'd get coached.

Back