The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Not sure if it still works, but you used to be able to print from different browsers. I would print 2 from safari, 2 from Firefox, 2 from IE, etc. Or if you have multiple computers, just use a different computer. I don't use them all in the same transaction though....

Yes, that's legit. If you look at what you print, you will see that you have unique codes for each coupon.

Yes, that's legit. If you look at what you print, you will see that you have unique codes for each coupon.
I haven't tried the multiple browser thing in a while, so I wasn't sure if it still worked or not. I know when I did, they were all slightly different, though...

We are in a huge shopping strip. Im tired of seeing guests push around PetsMart, TJ maxx, kolhs shopping carts in our store. We have our own carts! That's like brining your own silverware to a restaurant.
saw a smith’s cart as the PMT was taking it to the backroom the other day. The nearest one is several miles away. Like... a freeway drive away.

saw a smith’s cart as the PMT was taking it to the backroom the other day. The nearest one is several miles away. Like... a freeway drive away.

We had someone abandon an old....I mean ollllllldddd Target cart in our parking lot. The old timers were like that's before this store was even built.

We are in a huge shopping strip. Im tired of seeing guests push around PetsMart, TJ maxx, kolhs shopping carts in our store. We have our own carts! That's like brining your own silverware to a restaurant.
That sounds so much like the Super I used to work at. We had pretty much all the same carts show up in our store.

*walks up to the SCO screen*
*stares intently at the screen for 45 seconds*
*under "How many bags did you bring?", presses the arrow and puts zero*
*stares at screen*
*sees where it says "Scan item to begin"*
*presses that with their finger until I decide to tell them "just scan" (if it's slow I like to see for how long and how many times they'll keep pressing it)*
*"ohh okay"*
*scans their one item after hunting intently for the barcode*
*after pressing pay, the screen reads "How many plastic bags did you use?" if you want a buy a bag*
*they don't want a bag. So they press the zero over and over and over, completely ignoring the confirm button right below*
Me: "press confirm"
Them: *presses store mode*
Me: "no press back and then press confirm"
Them: "i don't want a bag"
Me: "press confirm for zero bags"
Them: *presses the minus sign twice before finally pressing confirm*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE EVEN PERFORM BASIC DAILY TASKS! HOW DID YOU EVEN DRIVE HERE WITHOUT DYING!

"Sorry to bother you"... If I didn't wanted to be bothered I would not work here.

Kid you not :

Holding heavy box-wants help.

Putting away abandon- wants to be left alone.

*phone call i took*
Guest-my friend was just in your store yesterday and she said you had this on display and the box right under it
Me-I'm looking right now and we don't sell it, and every store in the region says out of stock
G-well my friend said...
Me- *looking on target app now* ma'am I'm on the app and it says this item isn't sold in stores, just online
G-well mine says it is

...what even.

Last edited:
*phone call i took*
Guest-my friend was just in your store yesterday and she said you had this on display and the box right under it
Me-I'm looking right now and we don't sell it, and every store in the region says out of stock
G-well my friend said...
Me- *looking on target app now* ma'am I'm on the app and it says this item isn't sold in stores, just online
G-well mine says it is

...what even.

That's like the guest who argued with me over the phone a few months back when I said Fire Sticks were out of stock because Target.com said our store had "limited quantities".

That's like the guest who argued with me over the phone a few months back when I said Fire Sticks were out of stock because Target.com said our store had "limited quantities".
That's when I say "target.com is only updated once a day, in the morning. Therefore, guests could have already bought the limited quantities we had."

1. When I shop before or after my shift (backpack on, earphones on, or phone in hand having a conversation) and still get interrupted by dumbasses who just cannot seem to understand that I'm not working at the moment.

I was even approached as I was walking into the store with a bag of McDonalds in my hand. Are you freaking serious? Before I used to take the time to explain. Now I just ignore them and keep walking. If anyone complains I can simply say I didn't hear them because there was music playing in my ear.

2. When people stretch out a hand full of change and expect me to count out what they owe.
3. Someone mentioned sweaty bra money.
4. When people put their babies on the damn belt and they start grabbing things like (the scanner) And when I complain, I'm met with an attitude.
5. "Oh I forgot my card but I still want my 5%. Can't you just give me the discount?"
6. An item rings up as $89.99 and I get people trying to convince me it's on sale for 20 bucks. They change their stories real fast when I tell them I will need a supervisor to come and confirm because I can't make a override like that.
7. When people take their bags and just leave the carts right in front of the register and I have no access to the next guest. Yeah, I can just move it out of the way. It takes two seconds, but I shouldn't have to do it. Should I wipe their asses too?
8. Last but not least. When people come to me with freaking DISPLAY items. Guys, this lady came up to me with a DISPLAY STROLLER with the goddamn huge ass $39.99 sign on it. I couldn't even help myself and blurted out WHAT THE FUCK??? the cashier next to me looked over in both horror and amazement.

There will be more to come

Lets just say that any other cart thats isn't ours is far game for any thing from trash receptial to transfer if it makes it in store. z

Mom to toddler in cart: No, don't touch that. No, don't touch that. No, don't touch that. And on and on.
Lady, maybe if you move the cart so your demon spawn can't REACH that, he won't touch that.

Someone mentioned boob money. No, not ever. Ain't gonna happen. I'll put on blue gloves before I touch sweaty boob money.

2. When people stretch out a hand full of change and expect me to count out what they owe.
I had that happen when a lady handed over a bunch of crumpled 1s. I looked at it and politely asked how much it was and she snapped at me "Well, I don't know, just count 'em!' :rolleyes:

Today a guest called and demanded me to "transfer to a manager." I asked politely what it was regarding (since sometimes they want to check their application). He then asked again to speak to a manager (a little more demanding tone). I said, "I understand that, but I need to know what it's regarding." Then he got pissy and yelled that he needed to speak to a manager. I already had a lot going on today and that just lost my cool. I couldn't help it but I then replied snootily, "okay I will transfer you" and he just interrupted me and said thank you in a snotty tone. I replied sarcastically and snootily "you're welcome." Thankfully no other TM's or ETL's were there, but I did tell another TM about it and thought my response was hilarious.

I had that happen when a lady handed over a bunch of crumpled 1s. I looked at it and politely asked how much it was and she snapped at me "Well, I don't know, just count 'em!' :rolleyes:
Tweens do that to me at SB.
First I set their cup down, then I take my sweet-ass time unfolding the bills & counting out the change before putting it in the register.
THEN I start their drink.
Hope you're not in a hurry, bitch.

Back