The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

So I follow where she parks and I'm lowkey kind of done with it all, I say "Hey, you shouldn't be on your phone you just blew past me and all these people." and she's all "What the fuck???? I'm not on my phone, why does it matter to you what I do? I don't see your name on the title of the car! Im gonna report you to corporate!" and I regret the whole thing. Fuck it, she can mow people down if she wants lol.

Regret nothing. I wouldn't have accused her of texting but I would have told her she drove dangerously. You have the camera footage to back it up.

know some people here aren't too fond of Cart Attendants for whatever reasons

I don't think anyone here minds them. You guys do hard work. I think the least liked team members on this site are generally flow and plano. I love most of the flow and Plano at my store but a bad Plano or flow team member hurts the store way more than a bad cashier.

You guys have a very thankless job for not so great pay.

So this couple came up to me, looking for sweatpants for their son. Based on their ages, the son had to be at least a teenager. First thing I showed them was the new Longfellow sweatpants. They said those sweatpants were too thick, they needed thinner ones. I led them to the C9 section and grabbed a pair of sweatpants at random. Still too thick. They said the material was similar to some of the C9 shirts. I grabbed another pair that is pretty thin and the surface has that smooth feeling fabric, still too thick. By some miracle I found a pair of pants that didn't even qualify as sweatpants, they were basically loose pants with identical material and thickness to the shirts. Still too thick, and they grabbed a shirt and said they wanted sweatpants that felt like that. I felt the shirt and I am very tactile-oriented, and the thickness was identical, the material was identical, the weave was just a little different. In desperation, I grabbed a pair of compression leggings. Well, it's the right thickness, but the material isn't right, and they aren't sure if their son wants them, so they'll just bring him back later. Meanwhile I'm losing brain cells trying to figure out how "sweatpants" equal compression leggings.

Guests who can't park worth a damn. Here's a clue....if there's 2' between the door frame of your car and the line of the parking spot, your too damn far over. Close the door, start your car, back up, and pull in the spot a bit further to the left. How the hell you managed to park and NOT hit my car is beyond me! You obviously didn't have a passenger because there's no way in hell they could've gotten out of the car since I couldn't even walk between your car and mine! I had to get in my passenger door and climb over the center console to leave tonight :mad:

In extreme cases, sis has been known to Vaseline their mirrors & door handles.

Last edited:
So I got a call today that I haven't gotten in months. Someone called and asked to be transferred to the pharmacy. I nicely explained that I couldn't do a transfer as they had a separate phone line and she would need to call them directly. She said "well what's the number?" I said I didn't have that number. She told me to go get it. I said I didn't have a means of getting it, I couldn't get on Google to look it up. She got all upset and said "it's Target's pharmacy!" I said no, it's actually CVS' pharmacy, they are a separate business. Well she went on a rant of how are customers to know that and it's very confusing, blah blah. How are guests to know that it's CVS? Hmmm, how about that huge CVS sign that points at the pharmacy? How about the even more huge CVS over the pharmacy? How about that if you select the pharmacy option on the phone menu it transfers you to CVS' phone menu? (Thanks for the tip pharmaqueen.) I think it's pretty obvious.

So I got a call today that I haven't gotten in months. Someone called and asked to be transferred to the pharmacy. I nicely explained that I couldn't do a transfer as they had a separate phone line and she would need to call them directly. She said "well what's the number?" I said I didn't have that number. She told me to go get it. I said I didn't have a means of getting it, I couldn't get on Google to look it up. She got all upset and said "it's Target's pharmacy!" I said no, it's actually CVS' pharmacy, they are a separate business. Well she went on a rant of how are customers to know that and it's very confusing, blah blah. How are guests to know that it's CVS? Hmmm, how about that huge CVS sign that points at the pharmacy? How about the even more huge CVS over the pharmacy? How about that if you select the pharmacy option on the phone menu it transfers you to CVS' phone menu? (Thanks for the tip pharmaqueen.) I think it's pretty obvious.

While the guest sounded ridiculous it's always wise for your fitting room team to have a list of important numbers (ours has optical, pharmacy and a couple nearby stores)

While the guest sounded ridiculous it's always wise for your fitting room team to have a list of important numbers (ours has optical, pharmacy and a couple nearby stores)

When I first started we did, but someone high up got on our department about stuff being taped to the desk so everything got scraped off with a razor blade. And having it taped to the desk is not much help when you are clear at the other end of RTW.

Because of PharmaQueen, I did call the store one day and listened to the phone menu, the option to push for the pharmacy comes up before the option for the operator. So they are skipping the pharmacy option and continuing to listen until they hear the operator option, and then asking to be transferred to the pharmacy. ?????

When I first started we did, but someone high up got on our department about stuff being taped to the desk so everything got scraped off with a razor blade. And having it taped to the desk is not much help when you are clear at the other end of RTW.

Because of PharmaQueen, I did call the store one day and listened to the phone menu, the option to push for the pharmacy comes up before the option for the operator. So they are skipping the pharmacy option and continuing to listen until they hear the operator option, and then asking to be transferred to the pharmacy. ?????
Some people just automatically press zero.

Saying they don't want a redcard because they don't want us to have their information, as they swipe their debit/credit card at our card readers.

I can see it though. A charge on a card can always be disputed, the card cancelled, and money recovered pretty quick. Applying for a red card requires more information like SSN and current address and banking information and driver's license number, and that information can really destroy someone's credit history and make them liable for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. There's safeguards, but unless you actually work with financial transactions on a regular basis the average person is not going to know the safeguards, and even those can be worked around by a determined identity thief.

Telling me they tore up their red card because of the "gay thing".

I"m always tempted to argue and ask them if they hate the "gay thing" so much, why are they spending their money here and paying full price?

Fucking idiots. Go to Walmart.
me: well with the redcard you'd actaully be giving us LESS money! if you don't like what we stand for, why would you want to give us MORE?

Saying they don't want a redcard because they don't want us to have their information, as they swipe their debit/credit card at our card readers.

Well, there was the credit breach at Equifax, one of the 3 major credit bureaus. Most financial experts recommend freezing your credit to prevent having your credit and id hacked. Once you freeze your credit you can't open more credit. ....such as a credit Redcard. Bet RC numbers drop!

Well, there was the credit breach at Equifax, one of the 3 major credit bureaus. Most financial experts recommend freezing your credit to prevent having your credit and id hacked. Once you freeze your credit you can't open more credit. ....such as a credit Redcard. Bet RC numbers drop!

You can, they give you a pin to give potential new creditors. It's called a temporary lift. Not saying red cards wont go down

You can, they give you a pin to give potential new creditors. It's called a temporary lift. Not saying red cards wont go down

My understanding is that I would need to use the pin, not the creditor, as well as pay the fee to unfreeze my credit. In my state that's 10 bucks....ugh.

Back