The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

already had a lot going on today and that just lost my cool. I couldn't help it but I then replied snootily, "okay I will transfer you" and he just interrupted me and said thank you in a snotty tone. I replied sarcastically and snootily "you're welcome." Thankfully no other TM's or ETL's were there, but I did tell another TM about it and thought my response was hilarious.

You didn't even do anything that rude. No tm or etl would have gotten mad at you.

Lol my fitting room would have been like if you're not willing to let me know what the call is for I can't transfer you. She takes no s--- I love her

I hate how when they're using self checkout they bag AFTER they pay and not just bag as they scan. It's honestly just idiotic. It takes them forever to scan their $300 worth of groceries (why are you even going through SCO anyways with that much stuff) and then after they finally finish they have to spend another 10 minutes bagging while the line grows and grows. UGH

Also, people that come through self checkout with spider wrapped items. Also idiotic. You can't CHECK YOURSELF OUT if you literally can't get out the door without cashier assistance. You force me to leave the self checkout area (which I'm not even allowed to do) and go to a lane that is in use so I can struggle trying to hold the item with one hand and take the spider wrap off in the other. I hope the look of pure disgust and anger I give you burns through your thick skull.
Related, little old ladies that come through and tell me I need to do everything for them because they can't read the screen or whatever other stupid reason. WHY NOT GO THROUGH A REGULAR LINE THEN!!!!!!

Last edited:
I hate how when they're using self checkout they bag AFTER they pay and not just bag as they scan. It's honestly just idiotic. It takes them forever to scan their $300 worth of groceries (why are you even going through SCO anyways with that much stuff) and then after they finally finish they have to spend another 10 minutes bagging while the line grows and grows. UGH

Also, people that come through self checkout with spider wrapped items. Also idiotic. You can't CHECK YOURSELF OUT if you literally can't get out the door without cashier assistance. You force me to leave the self checkout area (which I'm not even allowed to do) and go to a lane that is in use so I can struggle trying to hold the item with one hand and take the spider wrap off in the other. I hope the look of pure disgust and anger I give you burns through your thick skull.
Related, little old ladies that come through and tell me I need to do everything for them because they can't read the screen or whatever other stupid reason. WHY NOT GO THROUGH A REGULAR LINE THEN!!!!!!

I can't help with #1 or #3, but for the spiderwrap can't you send them to guest services? That way you don't have to leave self checkout *and* you have the smug satisfaction of making them wait in line anyway.

I can't help with #1 or #3, but for the spiderwrap can't you send them to guest services? That way you don't have to leave self checkout *and* you have the smug satisfaction of making them wait in line anyway.
Oooooo I never even thought about that. Would the guest service people get annoyed if I did that?

We have a lane next to SCO that is designated for SCO in case we need to ring them up manually and to use the magnet to remove the spider wrap. It's a non-issue in our store.

We have a lane next to SCO that is designated for SCO in case we need to ring them up manually and to use the magnet to remove the spider wrap. It's a non-issue in our store.
We only have that for one side of the self-checkouts so it's a huge issue if I'm on the other side. I mean but still, why would you come through self-checkout with something that you need a cashier to remove it makes no sense lol

We only have that for one side of the self-checkouts so it's a huge issue if I'm on the other side. I mean but still, why would you come through self-checkout with something that you need a cashier to remove it makes no sense lol
i've had some people not notice them before

I don't mind when it's just 1 item, I have them scan and pay and then I walk over to the register close by to SCO. But since they changed how the scales work, I'm now super freaked out that people will use that opportunity to steal, well more than they already were....

One day I was in boys and girls and I had just gone through the underwear and socks, scooping up open packages and loose undies/ socks. Every package was as it had left the manufacturer, pristine packaging. I was fairly close doing something with clothes and I heard the sound of ripping plastic. I got to the underwear and a couple had a ripped package in hand, pulling out the contents. I said "Those are sealed packages, they aren't to be opened." The woman said "Oh, we didn't know that." How can you not know that you shouldn't be opening a sealed package prior to buying it??? Do you look at the sealed packages and think the retail faerie waved her magic wand and magically restored all packaging to original condition???

in hand, pulling out the contents. I said "Those are sealed packages, they aren't to be opened." The woman said "Oh, we didn't know that." How can you not know that you shouldn't be opening a sealed package prior to buying it???
Underwear has the little circle thing or open-faced packaging so you can feel/touch them without completely destroying the plastic and inserts you bimbos :rolleyes:.

My pet peeve of the night: Come on people, you're grownups, I would expect you to know that you should put your carts away when you're finished with them. Apparently my expectations were too high...

Okay, so you Starbucks people out there, please tell me if I was saying something wrong or if the guest was being douchey.

I was coming back from my 15 and the girl covering the phones asked me how to transfer to Starbucks. I told her to take her 15 and I tried twice to transfer the guest to Starbucks and I was clearly doing something wrong. So Hail Mary attempt, I asked the guest if maybe I could answer the question. Other than we don't have unicorn frappuccinos, I don't know a thing about Starbucks so I knew I couldn't answer it, but I couldn't figure out how to get her to talk to them.

She said that she had placed a mobile order and it ended up in the wrong place. Wait a minute! I know that one, one of the Starbucks team members was bitching about it while making my drink one day. So I told her that we didn't have the equipment to receive online orders. She said that since it did end up in the wrong place she was wondering if we could help with the order. I told her we didn't have the equipment to do online orders. She said she needed help with her online order and wanted to talk to Starbucks. We went back and forth and she finally loudly said, "I know that! I know you can't receive online orders. What I want to know is if you can issue me a refund from being charged for the mobile order?" I replied "I'm sorry ma'am, we don't have the equipment to access online orders, including the ability to refund them." She said "Thank you for finally answering my question."

So is there a difference between saying that we don't have the equipment for online orders and saying we don't have the equipment for online orders to include refunds? Or was she just a douche for asking over and over and insisting I wasn't answering her question until I threw that clause in?

She was being a douche.
"Can you issue me a refund from being charged for the mobile order?"
"No, because WE didn't charge you for the order. WE aren't set up to take mobile orders so WE wouldn't have charged you. Someone ELSE did. See THEM for your refund."

If your store isn't set up for mobile orders, they wouldn't be able/expected to issue a refund for an order they didn't receive/charge the guest for.
The equipment is having the software enabled for the register to be able to receive said orders.
I, for one, am glad we DON'T have said capability.

She was being a douche.
"Can you issue me a refund from being charged for the mobile order?"
"No, because WE didn't charge you for the order. WE aren't set up to take mobile orders so WE wouldn't have charged you. Someone ELSE did. See THEM for your refund."

If your store isn't set up for mobile orders, they wouldn't be able/expected to issue a refund for an order they didn't receive/charge the guest for.
The equipment is having the software enabled for the register to be able to receive said orders.
I, for one, am glad we DON'T have said capability.

This can only be topped by the guest who comes in, realizes that they are at the wrong store and wants us to make them the order and give it to them for free.
Bye Felicia. GTFO.

When I was at my last workplace which sold real estate, we had inhouse financing. Shortly before I left the federal government threw out a bunch of new regulations for financial industries to safeguard customers' information, including SSN access and banking/credit card numbers access. Because we did inhouse financing, we had to follow those regulations. I'm pretty sure the red card probably subjects Target to those same regulations. So when people call, I just tell them that "Per federal law to safeguard your account security, we can't...." Including the words "per federal law" seems to shut many guests up.

When I was at my last workplace which sold real estate, we had inhouse financing. Shortly before I left the federal government threw out a bunch of new regulations for financial industries to safeguard customers' information, including SSN access and banking/credit card numbers access. Because we did inhouse financing, we had to follow those regulations. I'm pretty sure the red card probably subjects Target to those same regulations. So when people call, I just tell them that "Per federal law to safeguard your account security, we can't...." Including the words "per federal law" seems to shut many guests up.
Not in pharmacy. We even have the law posted and they still try and argue about it:rolleyes:

Wny why why must guests ravage the multi packs of underwear before deciding that they're not the right kind???

"My husband wanted briefs so I need to return these boxers." Really? And he couldn't read the package or look at the little picture to figure out they're not briefs? And he had to use Edward Scissorhands to open the package?

"My husband says these are too scratchy." OMG so you've just handed me underwear that was touching your husbands junk and you actually think that's okay???

Fuck underwear. Seriously. Fuck selling it. Fuck returning it. Fuck all the fuckers who open it, try it on, put their ballsack dead skin cells in my hands.

Target needs to start requisitioning hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes because I'm not too happy about tried on swimsuits, bras, or (heaven forbid) panties.

Down with OPP now means Other People's Pubes, okay?

Didn't feel like going through 55 pages.... I am sure these are somewhere in here but here are mine.

- Guests who come in with a chip on their shoulder and act like it's an inconvenience to come and return something.
- Guests who mutter under their breath nastiness and somehow think I can't hear them.
- Guests who get mad because I let someone with one or two items go in the line I just opened before they can get in with their loaded cart.
- Guests who are just plain not courteous to others. Sometimes I just stare at them like "what's the matter with you people...?"
- Guests who lane hop in hopes to find the shortest line. I usually instill a bit of Karma on them when I open a new line and they aren't the one I move.
- Guests who are just. plain. rude. for no particular reason and act like they are better than you are just because you are the one behind the desk.
- Guests who squawk at me to open more lines when I am actively trying to do so. I generally don't move them either.
- Guests who take a flying leap from the other side of the checklanes when one opens up therein not allowing me to move the next person waiting....
- Guests who make a stink when the refund they get includes the $5 giftcard they used. You're gonna spend it anyway so what's the big deal.

and my #1 Pet Peeve of all.....

- GUESTS ON THEIR PHONES WHEN I AM TRYING TO HELP THEM! Oh Sweet Baby Jesus that makes me so mad when they do that and I purposely talk louder and pray that there is an issue with the return just so I can force them to put down the phone.

I, too, know the feeling all too well of guests just generally acting like their IQ is their age.

Had an easy 3 hour cart shift tonight, easy!! But my god, people seriously just.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People seriously can't DRIVE for shit in a parking lot. It's not that hard. It's not, you drive up and down the aisles slowly, making sure you aren't gonna mow anyone down or clip someone trying to reverse out. No, instead, people absolutely LOVE to cause clusterfucks in the lot, going 20mph down an aisle, cutting through the lot indiscriminately, texting on their phones and blowing stop signs, backing out with little to no regard that a HUGE LINE OF CARTS IS THERE.

The regard CUSTOMERS seem to have for the Cart Attendant on duty is legitimately zero. Today in particular was just horrible for this kind of stuff. Busy, cars everywhere, no space to work. The one thing that particularly irks me every time is people who are stopped at the stop sign, I'm entering the area to push in carts to the building, but they see me and instantly have to fucking beat me and speed past. Every. Single. Person. Does. This.

I was hauling a huge line of carts down an aisle when a mom and her 2 year old baby are putting their cart away, innocent and cute enough. Nope, I thought they'd see and hear me and wait for me to pass before going back to their car, but she decided to run out in front of me with her kid, and of course I have this huge line of carts suddenly stop getting pushed so they 30-35 carts are rolling down the hill at a pretty fast speed, and I'm using all my might just to hold the carts there. The bittersweet thing about this is... she saw me. We made eye contact, but still ran out in front of me. She's lucky, just to think I would of been the one in trouble if I couldn't of stopped those carts lol.

I absolutely HATE the people that cut through the spaces and the lot itself at 20mph. This usually happens when I'm steering the carts into the next aisle and someone blows right past me or slams their brakes because I'm RIGHT THERE and they couldn't see me past the cars to their sides. This is where I've had quite a few people actually hit my line of carts, and not me thankfully.

For the most part, the work I do as a Cart Attendant isn't hard work at all. It's pretty easy, you're alone, independent to do your job. You get exercise and listen to music. All you really have to make sure of is that the store has carts, and bathrooms are clean. Carry outs whenever someone needs one, or a spill to cleanup. But the trade off with guest interaction in the lot is just horribly stressing. I've gotten into one real verbal altercation, where a lady was texting on her phone and she was in a big Suburban and kind of just blew past me and a bunch of other people. I thought "Oh, this is probably where I should stick up for everyone" because people were now complaining to me "oh did you see that!? She just blew past all of us and she's on her phone!"

So I follow where she parks and I'm lowkey kind of done with it all, I say "Hey, you shouldn't be on your phone you just blew past me and all these people." and she's all "What the fuck???? I'm not on my phone, why does it matter to you what I do? I don't see your name on the title of the car! Im gonna report you to corporate!" and I regret the whole thing. Fuck it, she can mow people down if she wants lol.

I know some people here aren't too fond of Cart Attendants for whatever reasons, but the work we do is pretty legitimate, at least in my situation. Sometimes you're trying to get carts in and you've got this passive aggressive team member speaking 1/4 of an inch from the walkie mic requesting spill clean up and "it's been 5 minutes"

Well, lets just say we have jobs to do too, much like you. But ya know. Just a Cart Attendant lmao. Just a 5am rant.

Back