The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Scan, pick the k-key choice, enter the VCD, enter the # of gift receipts needed. No special access required. Been doing it since day 1. I can literally do it in 5 seconds, as I can 10-key like a pro.

ETA: Seriously, if I called a supervisor to do that, I'd get coached.
huh-- thought it was GS only.

so now that cashiers can do all this, what is the difference between being GS coded and cashier coded (in the POS)?

so now that cashiers can do all this, what is the difference between being GS coded and cashier coded (in the POS)?

I started as cashier, got coded for GS maybe a year later (after getting dragged into it kicking and screaming). I think that originally, you needed to be coded for GS to do any sort of returns. It gave me new K buttons after that.
It also gave me special x-ray vision to determine who was a scammer. Just kidding, I had that before I got coded. Oh, the stories I could tell. Biggest catch was way over $50,000. I hate scammers. They give me anxiety.

By the way, our cashiers are too dumb to do returns. We never told them about the change. I wish I was kidding.

I hate it when a guest will shop off of my tub or whatever as I'm walking past (I think I've posted this here before). It happens way too often, I'll be rolling down a walkway and a guest decides to go "Hmm, I want to see that" and just grab something off of my vehicle as I'm moving it.

I hate it when a guest will shop off of my tub or whatever as I'm walking past (I think I've posted this here before). It happens way too often, I'll be rolling down a walkway and a guest decides to go "Hmm, I want to see that" and just grab something off of my vehicle as I'm moving it.

Some "guest" pulled an item of the LOD smart cart once. The LOD was going to buy it. hahaha. The LOD chased her down too.

My new pet peeve is guests who spill popcorn. Not talking the whole bag but enough to hold a dust pan. If my son spilled popcorn that small ld just use my hands. The guests who offer to clean it up dont bother me as much.

Some coupons also say "one per customer" or "two per transaction"
We have cashiers who do not check and will accept them all. How do I know, because I catch the fraudsters at GS when they come around to return the product right after purchasing the items. This is why I have issues with allowing cashiers to do simple returns.

Scan, pick the k-key choice, enter the VCD, enter the # of gift receipts needed. No special access required. Been doing it since day 1. I can literally do it in 5 seconds, as I can 10-key like a pro.

ETA: Seriously, if I called a supervisor to do that, I'd get coached.
This falls under not being trained properly. Makes me mad when a guest is sent to GS to print out a GR because the cashier is too lazy or does not know how to do it. I make certain to tell my GSTL to either show them how to do it or tell them to not send them over to GS and do it themselves.

My new pet peeve is guests who spill popcorn. Not talking the whole bag but enough to hold a dust pan. If my son spilled popcorn that small ld just use my hands. The guests who offer to clean it up dont bother me as much.
Starbucks only store. Dont miss anything about popcorn--the burnt smell, the greasy hands on merchandise, and the popcorn spills. Ground into the carpet is the worst.

My major peeve is Icees.
Parents let their kids fill up the cup & act all horrified when it overflows so I end up having to clean up frozen multi-colored ice drifts on the counter.

If it were fraud, why would coupons.com permit it? It's not like I'm hacking the website to do something they blocked.
It's not like they are permitting it. You're fooling the system. Coupons.com terms of use say you agree to abide by the terms and limits of printing and you won't do anything fraudulent. If they catch you, you'll be banned. There was a whole big deal about it circulating on deal/coupon sites a little while back. I like to keep informed so I know what kind of shady crap guests are trying to pull at my lanes.

I actually prefer to do gift receipts after the fact because it takes like for real 5 seconds and you don't have to turn around and hit K6 after scanning every single gift item

How do you not know how to do that?! It literally takes LESS time to do it after you ring it than it does to do it while you ring it.
It may work for your store, but with mine it does not. The only options we have are to reprint the receipt, and for that, we have to key in a supervisor ID, which I don't have as I'm not one. Once the receipt has been printed, it's done. Yes, we can scan a receipt, but that still only gives us the option to reprint it as it is. Sorry that things work different at different places.

It may work for your store, but with mine it does not. The only options we have are to reprint the receipt, and for that, we have to key in a supervisor ID, which I don't have as I'm not one. Once the receipt has been printed, it's done. Yes, we can scan a receipt, but that still only gives us the option to reprint it as it is. Sorry that things work different at different places.
What? You can't reprint the receipt by scanning it. You can only do it like 60 seconds after the fact.

What? You can't reprint the receipt by scanning it. You can only do it like 60 seconds after the fact.
That's why I get annoyed when people ask for gift receipts after I've already printed it, bagged their items and put them in the cart. It's over 60 seconds and by then, I can't reprint it by scanning it anymore. And I can't print a gift receipt after I've already printed anyways.

That's why I get annoyed when people ask for gift receipts after I've already printed it, bagged their items and put them in the cart. It's over 60 seconds and by then, I can't reprint it by scanning it anymore. And I can't print a gift receipt after I've already printed anyways.
No I meant full receipt. GRs you can always reprint with no supervisor code.

No I meant full receipt. GRs you can always reprint with no supervisor code.
I printed the full, regular, receipt first, no gift receipt at all. Then got asked for a gift receipt, which I couldn't print out because I already printed the receipt out, so I couldn't change it. My supervisor tired, and even she couldn't print out a gift receipt after I'd already printed the normal one.

I printed the full, regular, receipt first, no gift receipt at all. Then got asked for a gift receipt, which I couldn't print out because I already printed the receipt out, so I couldn't change it. My supervisor tired, and even she couldn't print out a gift receipt after I'd already printed the normal one.

You'd better call India. Your system is broken at your store.

next time: scan the receipt after it prints. you should have an option for gift receipt

I worked at Target from 2006 to 2014 and we always could do that with gift receipts. I was never GS coded. It was one of the easiest procedures to learn.

WTF? No.
When you print from coupons.com, you can print two copies per device. You can't print one to a PDF and print endless copies. Each coupon has a different number on it. You need to check them to be sure that they aren't copies.
You can't print one $3 off Pantene coupon to a PDF and then show up with 4 copies of that one coupon. Yes, the register will scan them all, up to four on the same transaction. You need to use common sense.
Not sure if it still works, but you used to be able to print from different browsers. I would print 2 from safari, 2 from Firefox, 2 from IE, etc. Or if you have multiple computers, just use a different computer. I don't use them all in the same transaction though....

Back