The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

this isn't a super big deal but it kind of rubs me the wrong way when guests affix some unnecessary self-deprecating insults like "I've got a stupid old woman question" or "Sorry to be a dumb bitch but..." to their questions. Firstly because not knowing something isn't the end of the world, and also gives me an uncomfortable vibe that they expect me to agree secretly that yes, they are dumb bitches for asking. No. Just about the only thing you can do wrong in my book is be a hateful rude cunt for no reason...otherwise, if you're polite you can ask WHATEVER and I'll do my best to help you out because it's my job. Sheesh calm down.

A nice old lady did this earlier today...her "dumb old woman" question was "When a flashlight says 'lumens', does a bigger number mean it's brighter?" The answer is of course yes, and as far as dumb questions go that one doesn't make the top 100 or even 500 dumb questions of all time that I've heard, so chill!
Tbh I would’ve had to double check on that lumens thing

Big pet peeve, especially lately...guests who do not wait for their online order to be filled and show up at GS asking if it is ready. Then they act all put out that it is not ready. Again, they do not read their emails.

Big pet peeve, especially lately...guests who do not wait for their online order to be filled and show up at GS asking if it is ready. Then they act all put out that it is not ready. Again, they do not read their emails.
“Why was it cancelled? I got the email saying I placed the order but not the one saying it was ready!!”

They were sent to the same email, from the same email. The item is back on the floor now so idk what to say

Biggest pet peeve: When I'm clearly using my walkie while trying to catch up to some shady person and someone pops up in my face blurting questions/can you help me/ring me up. Like thanks, that person I was tracking is lomg gone now.

Ughhhhhhh this. “Well it said it’d be two hours and it’s been two.” *sigh* “and it also said you’ll get an email when it’s ready” “well I’m here” “that doesn’t make your order ready yet.” Lmao

Guests that come through the lane with an assload of a cart and say "Can you be quick like? I/We're in a hurry."

Oh, bitch, you do not come to my lane and tell me that when you just took up my entire belt and haven't even finished unloading your stuff.

Guests that see the red shirt and just run up to me when I'm walking away from the lanes/SCO (while on break) to the TSC and ask for help, then when I tell them I can't, they call me a horrible person.

Ughhhhhhh this. “Well it said it’d be two hours and it’s been two.” *sigh* “and it also said you’ll get an email when it’s ready” “well I’m here” “that doesn’t make your order ready yet.” Lmao
I've had some show up 20 minutes after placing their order. I am not going to do a call out to see which one of our pickers might have it in their cart; if it has even been picked. Then I have to wait for them to place it in a location and then it still takes a little time for it to show in MyGo. Just go out on to the floor and find it yourself.

Guests that come through the lane with an assload of a cart and say "Can you be quick like? I/We're in a hurry."

Oh, bitch, you do not come to my lane and tell me that when you just took up my entire belt and haven't even finished unloading your stuff.

Guests that see the red shirt and just run up to me when I'm walking away from the lanes/SCO (while on break) to the TSC and ask for help, then when I tell them I can't, they call me a horrible person.
“I’m in a hurry so instead of deciding to shop another time I’m going to buy a fuckton of stuff and then act surprised and get mad when it takes more than 3 minutes to ring up” I would have said “ok I’ll go as fast as I can” and then just move normal speed hahaha

I've had some show up 20 minutes after placing their order. I am not going to do a call out to see which one of our pickers might have it in their cart; if it has even been picked. Then I have to wait for them to place it in a location and then it still takes a little time for it to show in MyGo. Just go out on to the floor and find it yourself.

We had someone order sitting outside in their car, then walk in and freak out because it wasn't ready for them yet.

They couldn't understand that the 2 hour window includes time for their online order to get sent to the store.

Yeah that’s what I tell them. I just say like if you need it RIGHT THIS SECOND BEFORE ITS READY then you can just go buy it and cancel your order. And then they do the whole “but I already paid for it” and then I have to do the entire “no actually you didn’t” speech... :rolleyes:

Speaking of, when I give someone their order and I say “okay im just gonna process your payment and you’ll be good to go” and they FREAK OUT and are all like “you better not charge me for this I already paid for it” and all that and I just have to be like “ACTUALLY, if you LOOK AT YOUR ACCOUNT the charges are PENDING so it has not gone through yet until I process it. Thanks :)

I’m sorry, I keep going lmao. When someone comes to pick up an order, and they aren’t listed as an alternate. And I tell them “go ahead and text or call *so-and-so* real quick and tell them to add you as an alternate so that way you’re able to pick it up. Since your name isn’t on the order I can’t give it to you.” And they do the whole “WELL I JUST PICKED UP LIKE 5 ORDERS FROM *other store* AND IT WASNT A PROBLEM THERE” Like 1. That makes you sound sketch as fuck, why are you picking up so many orders that aren’t yours? 2. GO THERE THEN

this isn't a super big deal but it kind of rubs me the wrong way when guests affix some unnecessary self-deprecating insults like "I've got a stupid old woman question" or "Sorry to be a dumb bitch but..." to their questions. Firstly because not knowing something isn't the end of the world, and also gives me an uncomfortable vibe that they expect me to agree secretly that yes, they are dumb bitches for asking. No. Just about the only thing you can do wrong in my book is be a hateful rude cunt for no reason...otherwise, if you're polite you can ask WHATEVER and I'll do my best to help you out because it's my job. Sheesh calm down.

A nice old lady did this earlier today...her "dumb old woman" question was "When a flashlight says 'lumens', does a bigger number mean it's brighter?" The answer is of course yes, and as far as dumb questions go that one doesn't make the top 100 or even 500 dumb questions of all time that I've heard, so chill!

This might be something of a cultural thing. For some people asking for help = bothering people so the "dumb old woman" or "stupid question" or whatever is a way of offering apology for bothering you with something minor even though it's our job and not a big deal.

Not that I do something similar myself or anything, for exactly such reasons or anything. Nope, never.

For those who have issues with people expecting orders to be ready super fast--I take it your stores aren't participating any the drive up pilots?

“I’m in a hurry so instead of deciding to shop another time I’m going to buy a fuckton of stuff and then act surprised and get mad when it takes more than 3 minutes to ring up” I would have said “ok I’ll go as fast as I can” and then just move normal speed hahaha
That's exactly what I do lol. One of the top complaints is that cashiers throw things in bags and people get upset. It's like "Well, since I actually give a shit about you property and experience with me, I'm not going to be an asshole and treat your stuff like it's a Super ball hahaha."

"Oh, will you hold this for me? I forgot to grab another item to return from my car, be right back!!" /5 people in line

Also, when you spend several minutes trying to figure out someone's name for a pick up, and then when they finally pull up their email with the confirmation it's from like 10 days ago. Legit had someone try to pick up an item that was ordered in October.

Also got the most fantastic call today. "Excuse me, I received a Target Gift Card and I would like to exchange it for cash." /facepalming so hard

I had brought something up today to be held for a guest and as I was putting it in the right place I overheard someone who had come in for a store pickup. Nice and calm until the GSA asked for identification. Holy crap did that woman go off on the poor GSA. I don't know how you all do it. I can handle a fussy guest, but just thinking of an 8 hour shift with that going on non-stop.....wow.

There is something though, I wonder if anyone has a good solution. I was talking with one of the new hires that was pulling stuff for the online orders and he said that a guest had tried to take an item out of his cart as he was grabbing something else, and he told her don't do that. We in softlines use the same three tier carts they do and no one that I know of has ever had a problem with a guest liking something in the reshop enough to take straight from it. However from the guest point of view, it's got to be confusing that some carts have team members saying "Don't touch" and some identical looking carts have team members saying "Help yourself!" I did speak with a guest a few months back who had run into that situation, she was really timid about asking if she could have something off my cart because she had been told not to take something on a previous visit, so the confusion is a real thing. Ideas?

Honestly, just asking will help them figure it out. Like if they say “hey - is it okay if I grab *whatever* from here?” Then the TM can either respond “oh sorry these are being held for another guest, I can tell you what aisle they’ll be in though” (or something) or “sure go ahead!” All they need to do is ask IMO.

Maybe at the least we could clip a sign to the 3-tier that says “on hold” or something along those lines

Biggest pet peeve: When I'm clearly using my walkie while trying to catch up to some shady person and someone pops up in my face blurting questions/can you help me/ring me up. Like thanks, that person I was tracking is lomg gone now.

I'm not sure that's on them. Unless you are in a tps uniform I would assume a team member moving quickly could help me.

Generally guest should never shop from a vehicle. It's like the vendors who try to cheeey pick hot wheels or funko items.

They need to wait until it is stocked on the floor. That's giving every guest a fair chance to purchase the item. (Just like we don't hide hatchimals in the backroom)

when guests with two items clog up the checklanes instead of using SCO, it really pisses me off. they're the reason we've got lines all the way back to Softlines Girls.

There is something though, I wonder if anyone has a good solution. I was talking with one of the new hires that was pulling stuff for the online orders and he said that a guest had tried to take an item out of his cart as he was grabbing something else, and he told her don't do that.
Barbed wire around the edges on FF and SFS carts could work, or like a metal case you put over the different tiers lol

Back