The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

At my store that guest wouldn’t have gotten it. It makes me upset that stores won’t back up their cashiers and GSTMs if they’re within policy.

At my store that guest wouldn’t have gotten it. It makes me upset that stores won’t back up their cashiers and GSTMs if they’re within policy.
The problem is a lot of TMs don't want to get yelled at for doing the right thing so if it's a reasonble price change we do it and "make it right for the guest" which is the only thing my Sr.GSTL now says... but if it's a huge difference I either get a TM to check on it or I'll run over to see if its in the right location or if there is an expired sales sign. We defiantly don't do huge price changes if that was "the only one left" and it was in the wrong location

The problem is a lot of TMs don't want to get yelled at for doing the right thing so if it's a reasonble price change we do it and "make it right for the guest" which is the only thing my Sr.GSTL now says... but if it's a huge difference I either get a TM to check on it or I'll run over to see if its in the right location or if there is an expired sales sign. We defiantly don't do huge price changes if that was "the only one left" and it was in the wrong location
Of course like if it’s like 60 cents then yeah I’ll just do it but anything over $5-10 is getting checked.

When they argue the price of something while simultaneously admitting that they know that isn’t the correct price for the item?
“By the way, this is gonna ring up as $x, but there were a couple by a label that said $y (usually a HUGE difference) so can I have that price?”
WTF???????
I just picture them seeing something, seeing the price, and going “yikes I don’t wanna pay that.” So they pick it up and put it in a different spot and go “since it’s in a spot with a different price I should be able to pay this price.”
Like you saw the price of something. Knew it probably wasn’t right. So you either located it in its correct spot or used the price scanner to get the correct price, but still think because it was randomly in one spot you should get that price.
And every time I say “well since you know the correct price of it we just need someone to confirm that’s actually what it says because there’s not gonna be two different price labels for one item. The one it’s ringing up as is it’s correct price.”
I call the GSTL over. They walkie someone to do a visual check. The person on the walkie says that price is no where near the item. The guest says “well that’s what it said.” GSTL gives it to them :mad:

Happened today and as soon as I handed her her receipt she bragged to her friend next to her about how cheap she got that game. What a fucking low life

Scum of the earth. That GSTL doesn't get paid the extra money for making it right for the guest, why should he or she even bother? If I were a GSTL I'd be sure to give the customer the right price, but if it's clearly not even there and she wants the price she stated, I'd ask her to leave lol. My GSTLs are really good with their backs, though, they don't take any shit and will scream right back at the customer LMAO.

Oh, crap, sorry, guests is what I meant.

My personal policy is $2, anything over $5 is definitely getting checked, from $2-$4, it's up to where the closest GSA or GSTL is lol, if they're no where near and will never see my blinker, I'll just do my best. But if they're within eyesight, it's getting checked.

Had some homeless looking guy walk up to me with a promo gift card and asked me if I could tell him how much is on there. I did price inquiry and it said $0. I printed out the balance slip and gave it to him. He says, “are you sure?” And I said “yes that’s what it says right there.” He was like “...well, I just put a hundred dollars on there.” I said “you must have spent it then because it’s not on there.” He’s like “how can I get my $100 that I put on there?” I said “you can PAY to put another $100 on there but I’m telling you you either are thinking of a different gift card or you spent it and forgot because that card has nothing on it.” (I know for a fact he just found it on the ground and was hoping it had something on it) He said okay and then proceeded to hit on me. BOI

Had some homeless looking guy walk up to me with a promo gift card and asked me if I could tell him how much is on there. I did price inquiry and it said $0. I printed out the balance slip and gave it to him. He says, “are you sure?” And I said “yes that’s what it says right there.” He was like “...well, I just put a hundred dollars on there.” I said “you must have spent it then because it’s not on there.” He’s like “how can I get my $100 that I put on there?” I said “you can PAY to put another $100 on there but I’m telling you you either are thinking of a different gift card or you spent it and forgot because that card has nothing on it.” (I know for a fact he just found it on the ground and was hoping it had something on it) He said okay and then proceeded to hit on me. BOI

Lol gross. I tell them to call the number on the back to find the transaction history

The latest app update fixed the fingerprint issue for me....have you updated the app?

Eewwww... so gross.. I've had my fair share of homeless/dingy looking guys hit on me... one went as far as asking if I was off soon and if I needed a ride home...

People who expect us to be mind readers. If you recently got married, you have to TELL us that, especially if your doctor is sending your prescription under your maiden name (because your insurance isn’t updated yet,) but you’re giving us your married name! We have no way of knowing that Mary Jones at 123 Main St & Mary Smith at 987 North Ave are the same person, just because they have the same birthdate!

When people are like “I bought this thing a couple months ago and it’s on sale now can I get it for that price?” ...no? You didn’t buy it during the sale idiot

Like I bought beats headphones and I just saw in the Black Friday ad they’re literally half the price. I’m just like “oh man that sucks”. I couldn’t fathom being like “I DESERVE TO GET $50 BACK HOW DARE THEY”

When people are like “I bought this thing a couple months ago and it’s on sale now can I get it for that price?” ...no? You didn’t buy it during the sale idiot

Like I bought beats headphones and I just saw in the Black Friday ad they’re literally half the price. I’m just like “oh man that sucks”. I couldn’t fathom being like “I DESERVE TO GET $50 BACK HOW DARE THEY”
I mean technically if it’s unopened they can return and rebuy but not if it’s opened or past like a week or two.

Yeah I always tell them if they have their receipt and it’s within two weeks we’ll adjust it. But months? :rolleyes:
Yeah after like 2 weeks if it’s opened you’re out of luck. Or if you want to return and rebuy fine but that means I’m defecting this one out and you can go find a new one off the shelf.

When they get a promo gift card at self checkout. The screen says “grab a gift card nearby and scan it.” They read it. Try to scan their next item, it says invalid. Tries again. Tries again. Reads it again. Looks at me. “I don’t understand what it wants me to do.” I say “grab a gift card and scan it.” “Oh okay.” ??!!??!???????

Also, I’ve noticed an influx of people violently ripping their receipt from the machine before it’s done printing. Like every other person. I really don’t understand it and it bothers me so much like FUCK HOLD ON WAIT 2 SECONDS JESUS!!!

When they get a promo gift card at self checkout. The screen says “grab a gift card nearby and scan it.” They read it. Try to scan their next item, it says invalid. Tries again. Tries again. Reads it again. Looks at me. “I don’t understand what it wants me to do.” I say “grab a gift card and scan it.” “Oh okay.” ??!!??!???????

Also, I’ve noticed an influx of people violently ripping their receipt from the machine before it’s done printing. Like every other person. I really don’t understand it and it bothers me so much like FUCK HOLD ON WAIT 2 SECONDS JESUS!!!
Yes I don’t get why the scan a gift card prompt is confusing. I’ve also had people say “but I don’t want to buy a gift card what do I do”. It literally says SCORE! You got a free gift card!

This is probably the same at all your guys’ stores too, but guest service has been crazy busy every day for the past couple weeks. Anyways, what’s been bothering me a lot lately is I’ll call up the next guest who has easily been waiting in line for at least 5 minutes. They get up to the counter, set their stuff down, and then decide to start looking for their receipt. Digging through the bag, their wallet, their purse. “I swear I just had it.” Yeah sure. Be fucking prepared next time. Like if I’m returning something I always make sure I have the receipt in my hand by the time I’m getting out of the car so I know if I have it before I’m even going in the store. Like it’s different if there’s no line and you walk in the store and straight up to the counter but if you’ve just been standing there for several minutes and didn’t once think “since I’m not sure where my receipt is maybe I should find it before I’m next” I don’t even know what to say. It’s a very small thing but it bothers me so much lol

On the topic of returns - this woman was trying to return something and the only options it was giving me for the refund was back on her debit card or a gift card. Well she didn’t want either, she wanted cash. Kept saying “I paid cash I should be getting cash.” Getting louder and angrier each time she said it. I’m doing the same with repeating “I’m literally looking at your receipt you paid with a card” and showing where it says “visa debit” with the last 4 of the car numbers. Took about 10 minutes of us just arguing, I was literally about to have a stroke I was like how can you be so fucking dense I am literally showing you the proof when I finally understood she is one of those (HORRIBLE) people that refer to their debit card as cash. They seriously think it’s the same exact thing, they don’t understand the difference. And THAT is one of my pet peeves. When I was new someone wanted to split a payment and they said I’m going to pay $60 cash and the rest on my card. I typed in 60 pressed k1 (my biggest mistake was not having cash in hand before typing this I know- I was new). They finish the transaction on their card, receipt prints, drawer opens, I’m like okay can I have the cash now. They look very confused. “I just paid in cash.” “‘No you didn’t you didn’t give me any.” They hold up their card. “Sir that is a plastic card.” “Yeah it’s my atm card. This is cash.” I was like are you fucking kidding me, no it’s not lmao. It’s the most idiotic thing I’ve ever heard and I CAN NOT BELIEVE SO MANY PEOPLE THINK LIKE THIS IT DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS

Leo47, I agree - guests take 5 minutes to find their receipt and I'm standing there for 4 minutes going "um, just insert your card and we'll process your return that way".

I've never heard anyone refer to their debit card as cash though and I'm thankful for that. I think I'd finally snap on that one because that's ridiculous!!!

Guests who FaceTime while shopping. I am pretty sure that FaceTime was invented for so you can have your private conversation aired publicly.

This is probably the same at all your guys’ stores too, but guest service has been crazy busy every day for the past couple weeks. Anyways, what’s been bothering me a lot lately is I’ll call up the next guest who has easily been waiting in line for at least 5 minutes. They get up to the counter, set their stuff down, and then decide to start looking for their receipt. Digging through the bag, their wallet, their purse. “I swear I just had it.” Yeah sure. Be fucking prepared next time. Like if I’m returning something I always make sure I have the receipt in my hand by the time I’m getting out of the car so I know if I have it before I’m even going in the store. Like it’s different if there’s no line and you walk in the store and straight up to the counter but if you’ve just been standing there for several minutes and didn’t once think “since I’m not sure where my receipt is maybe I should find it before I’m next” I don’t even know what to say. It’s a very small thing but it bothers me so much lol

SO MANY TIMES!!! Lines would go so much faster if the guest is prepared. If you don't have a receipt at least have your card(s) ready to do a look up.

When we have a crazy long line at guest service, and I’m with a guest. Someone comes up to the side of the counter and says “I have a question” and then starts talking while I’m literally in the middle of a conversation with someone else. I’ll say “oh one second please” sweetly to my guest, turn, and say “you can wait in line. We’ll get to you. Wait your turn” and I’ll turn back to my guest and they just keep talking like I’m listening. Lol. It’s never “just a question” it’s always an actual issue we have to deal with. I just ignore them until they finally get in line lol

When we have a crazy long line at guest service, and I’m with a guest. Someone comes up to the side of the counter and says “I have a question” and then starts talking while I’m literally in the middle of a conversation with someone else. I’ll say “oh one second please” sweetly to my guest, turn, and say “you can wait in line. We’ll get to you. Wait your turn” and I’ll turn back to my guest and they just keep talking like I’m listening. Lol. It’s never “just a question” it’s always an actual issue we have to deal with. I just ignore them until they finally get in line lol
When I worked at a different store, I had a customer ask me a question while I was ringing up a line, and I told her I was already with a customer and I'd be with her when I could. She just yelled "YOU KNOW, IT'S A SIMPLE QUESTION!", and stormed out of the store and called Corporate. Corporate told the manager to deal with it, manager just wrote it off as the customer being a bitch and nothing came of it.

this isn't a super big deal but it kind of rubs me the wrong way when guests affix some unnecessary self-deprecating insults like "I've got a stupid old woman question" or "Sorry to be a dumb bitch but..." to their questions. Firstly because not knowing something isn't the end of the world, and also gives me an uncomfortable vibe that they expect me to agree secretly that yes, they are dumb bitches for asking. No. Just about the only thing you can do wrong in my book is be a hateful rude cunt for no reason...otherwise, if you're polite you can ask WHATEVER and I'll do my best to help you out because it's my job. Sheesh calm down.

A nice old lady did this earlier today...her "dumb old woman" question was "When a flashlight says 'lumens', does a bigger number mean it's brighter?" The answer is of course yes, and as far as dumb questions go that one doesn't make the top 100 or even 500 dumb questions of all time that I've heard, so chill!

Back