The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Then I have to explain to them what the fuck an ID is. Why are people so fucking stupid???

Because the fucking email that fucking Target sends out tells the fucking guest to show the fucking email barcode, not their ID. Pisses me off every time.

People who try to grab items out of the Flexible Fulfillment cart. It takes all of my willpower to not smack their hands away. I have a whole spiel now about "someone already paid for that, I'm just bringing it up front/to the back for them" at this point, it's insane.

Oh, and people who ask us about an item that we're actually out of stock of ("your website says you have it", etc), we explain that we don't have any in stock, then they immediately go online and put in a SPU for it. That's not going to magically make the item appear out of thin air, folks.

That's cool, but I would still ask for ID to verify the order. The systems are too glitchy for me to trust that. Hell, I know we have two flexibles in the iPad that were picked up MONTHS ago and still show as ready to go, but aren't in the MyDevice version of the app.

That's cool, but I would still ask for ID to verify the order. The systems are too glitchy for me to trust that. Hell, I know we have two flexibles in the iPad that were picked up MONTHS ago and still show as ready to go, but aren't in the MyDevice version of the app.
i agree. as far as your ipad you can try making sure mygo is updated in SAM, and make sure to refresh the order list often.

People who try to grab items out of the Flexible Fulfillment cart. It takes all of my willpower to not smack their hands away. I have a whole spiel now about "someone already paid for that, I'm just bringing it up front/to the back for them" at this point, it's insane.

THIS ought to be interesting during the anticipated Hearth & Hand frenzy when our SFS Team will be loading up their Flex Cart w/ items for other Guests. :eek: I vote for the "smack on the hand"..... or face.... with a chair.

Last edited:
THIS ought to be interesting during the anticipated Hearth & Home frenzy when our SFS Team will be loading up their Flex Cart w/ items for other Guests. :eek: I vote for the "smack on the hand"..... or face.... with a chair.
I'm holding out for them to electrify the carts. I started putting a bunch of the "STORE PICK UP" clips on the cart and that helped slightly... maybe the guests do read something after all!

Oh yeah what I do is after the order comes up on the mydevice is then I ask for ID and confirm the names

True.. guest service is supposed to have one for themselves but sometimes the GSA will “borrow” it and not give it back
lol not even GSA at my store today a salesfloor TM "borrowed" it and my walkie and never gave it back. SD with no walkie is not good

lol not even GSA at my store today a salesfloor TM "borrowed" it and my walkie and never gave it back. SD with no walkie is not good
Wow. Why didn't you make him or her bring the item needing the my device to the desk?
no like they just needed it for the day... which i kind of understand but we signed it out and we do use it... but walkie is just rediculous

When guests start unloading their shit before the guest in front of them is done unloading their stuff..

When guests stack up there stuff up and it drags stuff off the the gum rack and drags the dividers with them.. I don't know why but having dividers falling every where really makes me mad.

When they argue the price of something while simultaneously admitting that they know that isn’t the correct price for the item?
“By the way, this is gonna ring up as $x, but there were a couple by a label that said $y (usually a HUGE difference) so can I have that price?”
WTF???????
I just picture them seeing something, seeing the price, and going “yikes I don’t wanna pay that.” So they pick it up and put it in a different spot and go “since it’s in a spot with a different price I should be able to pay this price.”
Like you saw the price of something. Knew it probably wasn’t right. So you either located it in its correct spot or used the price scanner to get the correct price, but still think because it was randomly in one spot you should get that price.
And every time I say “well since you know the correct price of it we just need someone to confirm that’s actually what it says because there’s not gonna be two different price labels for one item. The one it’s ringing up as is it’s correct price.”
I call the GSTL over. They walkie someone to do a visual check. The person on the walkie says that price is no where near the item. The guest says “well that’s what it said.” GSTL gives it to them :mad:

Happened today and as soon as I handed her her receipt she bragged to her friend next to her about how cheap she got that game. What a fucking low life

Back