The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Theft is a very low priority for Spot.
I gotta disagree. It takes me months of complaining to many ETLs to get a broken lock on a fitting room door fixed. The fitting room got new equipment in maybe as long as a week when AP needed us to have different equipment.

3H6imWN.gif

Disagree?

Ask me questions about their electronics like I’m a technician. I can only make a guess. If it’s a phone or computer I tell them to call tech support before buying something new because it’s usually something minor that maybe a trained professional can fix.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times....people who snap their fingers or whistle to get my attention. I’m not a fucking dog or your servant.

Likewise, people who walk up to the counter and snap, “can I get some help over here?” like they’ve been waiting FOR-EVER. This goes double if your “can I get some help over here?” interrupts my “Hi! I’ll be right with you.” :mad:

Guests wanting to check out a full cart of groceries, clothes and back to school at Electronics boat because the line is "shorter". I don't mind ringing up 10 items or less that can fit into one bag if you have an electronic item you're purchasing but anything other than that, forget it.
This but also at Guest service

It bugs me when guests come up to the service desk and don't say anything. Like they'll unload their bag on the counter and expect me to know what they're doing. Are you doing a return? An exchange? Did it ring up twice? Did you miss a coupon? Cartwheel? Was the item the wrong price?

On the other hand I had a guest come to the counter today and just gave her first and last name. Okay... for what? Oh an order pickup! I'm sorry ma'am, I wasn't sure if we were talking about an order pickup, pictures, a hold, a missing item, are you looking for someone? I mean I know the sign says order pickup here, but there's also an even larger sign above that that says guest service.

Seriously, guests. I don't bite, talk to me!!

Or they come and drop their stuff on the counter and don’t say anything and I just assume they’re doing a return because this is guest service - im like
“Do you have a receipt?”
“No.”
“Okay was it bought on a card?”
“No.”
“Okay do you have an ID so I can try to give you store credit?”
“Store credit? No I’m buying this.”
Like how the hell am I supposed to know???

Yes, this exactly! I once had a guest come to the desk and I asked him what I could help him with and he just gave me this look like I was an idiot.
"Um, checking out?"
"Oh! They sent you from the registers!"
"Um, no. This is where I check out."

Um no, you're actually supposed to check out over there, where the conveyor belts are located, with the big, lit up numbers. Not over here with the large desk, four registers, no conveyor belt, and a sign that says guest service.

Had this early

When people ask random team members questions about your products when you're right there

Had a guy waiting on line, then a random tm walks by and he stops her and asks her about airpods

I think I talked with the great-aunt that everyone avoids at the family reunion. Here is basically how the phone conversation went.

She wanted a box. She wanted a box like a shoe box. But she didn't want a plastic shoe box. She wanted a box with a lid, like a storage box, but she didn't want a storage box. She wanted a box that you can decorate the sides with Contact paper or leave them plain. She wanted a box with a lid.

At that point in the conversation I was seriously thinking of hanging myself from one of the fitting room support beams. Definitely an older woman, so I seriously doubt a prank phone call. She just had some need to talk circles around whatever it was she wanted and I was supposed to guess, and I am pretty certain she does this same sort of circle talking to her family because it was just too smooth and too practiced of a word patter.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times....people who snap their fingers or whistle to get my attention. I’m not a fucking dog or your servant.

Likewise, people who walk up to the counter and snap, “can I get some help over here?” like they’ve been waiting FOR-EVER. This goes double if your “can I get some help over here?” interrupts my “Hi! I’ll be right with you.” :mad:

A guest walks by my aisle today and does a load whistle and a few claps. Reflexively I look down the way thinking "Jesus, did you really need to bring your dog in the store anyway?"

Standing 30 feet away is his four year old son giving him the best "for f*cks sake Dad, I'm not a dog" look I have ever seen.

You made my day, little guy. :rolleyes:

Walk up and say one word like "USB!"

Then I have to play 20 questions.

Me: USB what?
Them: Cable!
Me: For what?
Them: My phone! *Shows me where it plugs in*
Me: *shows them and then bangs head into register after they leave*

I was told this too but I hear our cashiers ask it all the time and I'm wondering just what are you going to do if the customer says "no?"

My GSTL wants us to ask this so we can make more sales. He hopes they say no if they really didn't find everything they wanted and won't just be polite and say "yes". If the guest couldn't find it and we have it in stock we will go grab it. There are usually a lot of lanes open so we can wait and chit-chat with the guest. Or if it is busy we finish that transaction and tell them to wait at Photo for said items/s. It is just takes a a minute or two. They can pay at Photo too so they don't have to wait in line twice. If we don't have it and we don't sell it we tell them where they can find the items at another store. If we sell it but it is out we give a rain check (if applicable) and tell them we get a truck in everyday. We don't know what we are going to get on the truck, but if they want to write the DPCI number down and call Guest Services later they can tell you when we get in it stock again. We tell them we can then put it on hold for them for 24 hours.

Or they come and drop their stuff on the counter and don’t say anything and I just assume they’re doing a return because this is guest service - im like
“Do you have a receipt?”
“No.”
“Okay was it bought on a card?”
“No.”
“Okay do you have an ID so I can try to give you store credit?”
“Store credit? No I’m buying this.”
Like how the hell am I supposed to know???
At this point, I’ve just started prompting them. It’s too tiresome to try to mind read them.
“Hi there. Are you returning today?”
“No.”
“Okay. Let’s ring you up.”

Back