To That One Guest - II

TTOG: You were part of a large order & berated my little newbie til she went to the back in tears so I finished up the order & remade your drink as you demanded.
Hope you like decaf, bitch.

Nobody yells at my kids. Ever.
Starbucks "guests" are some of the worst. I saw a guest send her children in to order her drink, but she didn't know the difference between a tall and a grande. They said she wanted a Tall, so the barista made it and they headed out

They came back not even a minute later and asked for it to be in a larger cup because she didn't want a small drink and everything in the drink was wrong. (Of course it wasn't) The barista pointed out that that's what she paid for and that they couldn't just put it in a "larger cup" without an additional charge. After whining for a minute, they had the drink remade as a tall, but nitpicked every pour that went into the cup. I felt so bad for the poor barista.

Last edited:
There are terrible customers everywhere. Rural, midwest, urban, everywhere. Polar opposite to conventional thinking I've seen, been with and witnessed very nice customers in greasy, tough guy, loud and pushy areas of New York City and suburban New Jersey. Hard to demographically differentiate people's behavior. Without going into specifics certain "types" are classically the worst. One example: the young stud-buck in the hot rod pickup truck. Many are extremely stupid with little regard for others. 35 yr old Karen with the white Mercedes SUV? Draw your own conclusions.

Starbucks "guests" are some of the worst. I saw a guest send her children in to order her drink, but she didn't know the difference between a tall and a grande. They said she wanted a Tall, so the barista made it and they headed out

They came back not even a minute later and asked for it to be in a larger cup because she didn't want a small drink and everything in the drink was wrong. (Of course it wasn't) The barista pointed out that that's what she paid for and that they couldn't just put it in a "larger cup" without an additional charge. After whining for a minute, they had the drink remade as a tall, but nitpicked every pour that went into the cup. I felt so bad for the poor barista.
This.
I absolutely HATE when guests send their kids over to order & they screw it up or can't answer drink options.
Then mom comes over ranting about their drink & I have to tell them that's what THEIR KID ordered, then watch the kid look uncomfortable while the mom says their kid would "NEVER" make any errors, bla bla bla....
Most times these are NOT young kids but old enough to order THEIR drink flawlessly while bombing their mom's order.

If I sent either of my children to order anything other than a soda I would consider myself lucky if it was even in the same genre of drink.

Actually, that's only the older child. Younger has a memory like a steel trap and would be fine, but he's shy and wouldn't do it anyway, so.

I also don't do coffee drinks often, so it's really an academic question for me.

Speaking of which, I hate when people leave their cups on the shelves. I've been finding way too many of those lately, it's gross. Target needs to put prominent signs around telling guests where they can dispose their trash. But I'm sure that won't stop them.
Hey at least cups have lids lol. I had a guest stick their chewing gum on the belt because the trash was apparently too far away 🤢

If I sent either of my children to order anything other than a soda I would consider myself lucky if it was even in the same genre of drink.

Actually, that's only the older child. Younger has a memory like a steel trap and would be fine, but he's shy and wouldn't do it anyway, so.

I also don't do coffee drinks often, so it's really an academic question for me.
That's when you send them in together. The younger one tells/whispers the drink to the older one, who places the order.

There are terrible customers everywhere. Rural, midwest, urban, everywhere. Polar opposite to conventional thinking I've seen, been with and witnessed very nice customers in greasy, tough guy, loud and pushy areas of New York City and suburban New Jersey. Hard to demographically differentiate people's behavior. Without going into specifics certain "types" are classically the worst. One example: the young stud-buck in the hot rod pickup truck. Many are extremely stupid with little regard for others. 35 yr old Karen with the white Mercedes SUV? Draw your own conclusions.

I want to gag every time I heard "I've been with [Name] Agency for 20/30/40 years!" Whatever it is they are wanting, it's bound to be unreasonable. Same with "How dare you tell me what I can do with my policy/how dare you change my policy."

Most of the time the ones going through financial problems are nicer than the well off. Even when we can't do anything, they know we try. The ones well off think the laws and regulations don't apply to them and are upset the rules are being applied to them.

T120 you nailed it. There are a lot of very narrow semi country roads here, undivided 2 lane double yellow lines. 6.02 x 10 to the 23rd power number of times an entitled prick or prick-ette driving an expensive car/SUV/truck is behind they you will try to run you off the road, crawl up your ass, tailgate and drive carelessly. That number is Avogadro's number and it's enormous. This old redneck drives a RAV-4 with a bicycle rack and I hate driving fast. 58 years driving and not one speeding ticket. Perfect driving record, 800+ Trans Union and FICO scores, the insurance companies aren't making a fortune off Mrs. Captain and myself.

Conventional wisdom/method to shake off a tailgater is to tap the brakes a few times, speed up a little so they can pass. Many do many don't. Many are stupid, most are arrogant. Some are both. I often just take a 90 deg turn to another road or parking lot and let the asshole go on their way. If it's a raised noisy new black pick up you can bet your IRA, Roth, 401-k, cash accounts and your dog they will continue to tailgate. Get off the road, best medicine. Remember they are paying (if in fact they have insurance) 4-5 X what I pay for ONE truck, and I have two SUV's with outstanding coverage.

I sometimes drive my roommate's gargantuan Tundra around for funsies, but I only ever tailgate the Teslas (also for funsies) in the hopes of someday getting treated to a nearly top-down view of a spontaneous EV battery cringesplosion or software glitch. "tesla.exe has stopped (in the middle of traffic). Would you like to close it?" Yes. And while the Tundra is very much a borrowed flex, it works nonetheless

Speaking of which, I hate when people leave their cups on the shelves. I've been finding way too many of those lately, it's gross. Target needs to put prominent signs around telling guests where they can dispose their trash. But I'm sure that won't stop them.
Seriously! What is wrong with people? Half-full bottles of whatever left without the cap on, half-full beverage cups with no lid, chewed wads of gum stuck to shelves, half-eaten food left wherever the *person* happens to be. Found a crumpled chip bag crammed into a shelf of allergy meds the other day, but at least it was empty.
Used to be Target was the upscale version of Walmart, but I've seen enough *guests* shopping in their pajamas to not be so sure about that. Although I haven't seen anyone wearing some of the more outlandish "Wally World" outfits as seen on the internet. Yet.

Seriously! What is wrong with people? Half-full bottles of whatever left without the cap on, half-full beverage cups with no lid, chewed wads of gum stuck to shelves, half-eaten food left wherever the *person* happens to be. Found a crumpled chip bag crammed into a shelf of allergy meds the other day, but at least it was empty.
Used to be Target was the upscale version of Walmart, but I've seen enough *guests* shopping in their pajamas to not be so sure about that. Although I haven't seen anyone wearing some of the more outlandish "Wally World" outfits as seen on the internet. Yet.
The thing is, I'm not even that mad about half full cups. They probably put it there temporarily and forgot about it. If it's a case of them just not liking it, I would assume they would ask the barista to fix it or they would suck it up, otherwise they'd be throwing $5 down the drain. But when it's empty, that's obviously intentional.

TTOG: I offered you an oversize bag for the multiple storage boxes you had in your cart so you wouldn't have to play Tetris with them. You declined and said: "No, it's fine, I got it, it's good."

I turned away for less than a second and your Leaning Tower of Pisa fell apart, cracking one of the boxes.

Thanks for the silent laugh you gave me when you said: "Ooops, I think it broke." 😆

TTOG: I offered you an oversize bag for the multiple storage boxes you had in your cart so you wouldn't have to play Tetris with them. You declined and said: "No, it's fine, I got it, it's good."

I turned away for less than a second and your Leaning Tower of Pisa fell apart, cracking one of the boxes.

Thanks for the silent laugh you gave me when you said: "Ooops, I think it broke." 😆
Years ago I worked at Circuit City and guests that just paid $5000 for a plasma TV decided they didn't want to pay an extra $50 to have them delivered.

The guest would then drop them putting in them in the car out in the parking lot.

They would then come into the store and said WE broke it.

We then reminded them that we have cameras in the parking lot!

Last edited:
The thing is, I'm not even that mad about half full cups. They probably put it there temporarily and forgot about it. If it's a case of them just not liking it, I would assume they would ask the barista to fix it or they would suck it up, otherwise they'd be throwing $5 down the drain. But when it's empty, that's obviously intentional.
I might believe that if I didn't also find half-eaten food and the chewed wads of gum. Sure, I expect a few do as you say, but I'm more with @Captain Orca on this one. Although I wouldn't have been when I first started - gave the benefit of the doubt way more often in those days.

TTOG: You bought several gift cards a month ago, refused to take a receipt, couldn't remember how much was on which card so you came back just days before Christmas to check the balances. I couldn't get any to come up & the SB 800 number menu wasn't working so you proceeded to blame US for your problem saying the 'kid who scanned them didn't know what he was doing'. Said kid was our SBTL & I was there when you refused the receipt. You refused to check your credit statement to see if it had been charged & refused every other option I offered so keep trying that 800 number because it's your only hope at this point.

Back