To That One Guest - II

TTOG: How about instead of telling people how to handle *their* service animal, you just mind your own damn business? The guest clearly didn't like being told that they should handle the dog the way you thought they should so just leave them alone.

Also, I really don't care that you have a service animal yourself, it's rude to scold people the way you did.

Humanity sucks. 🙄🫥😐

TTOG: How about instead of telling people how to handle *their* service animal, you just mind your own damn business? The guest clearly didn't like being told that they should handle the dog the way you thought they should so just leave them alone.

Also, I really don't care that you have a service animal yourself, it's rude to scold people the way you did.

Humanity sucks. 🙄🫥😐

Could the one guest be thinking the other one is faking?

Such guests should be lauded instead of complained about. They can do what workers can't - challenge the fakers. And the DOJ's questions and answers section makes it very clear, service animals are to walk on their own or be carried. Doing something like putting them in a cart proves faker.

Could the one guest be thinking the other one is faking?

Such guests should be lauded instead of complained about. They can do what workers can't - challenge the fakers. And the DOJ's questions and answers section makes it very clear, service animals are to walk on their own or be carried. Doing something like putting them in a cart proves faker.
I agree and usually it really bothers me when I see obvious pets in the store - but yesterday a guest had the most adorable little black dog in her cart and he was so cute I just oohed and aahed and went on about how cute he was, essentially becoming part of the problem!

One of my biggest pet peeves- A guest asks me where carpet cleaner is. I tell her a couple aisles down and tell her the exact aisle number, and she says thank you.. I'd normally walk her to it but I'm in a pick and in a rush. As I'm walking away, 5 seconds later I hear her ask another team member where carpet cleaner is.

If they are like me they and can't hold onto number for more than 2 seconds because the slightest distraction will make them pop right out of our head, and what is a store set up to do but provide constant distractions, then it is really easy for that to happen.

If they are like me they and can't hold onto number for more than 2 seconds because the slightest distraction will make them pop right out of our head, and what is a store set up to do but provide constant distractions, then it is really easy for that to happen.
I empathize with that, I have ADHD. But I did say "2 aisles down" in addition to the aisle number lol.

TTOG: It is many layers of inappropriate for you, a white dude, on Christmas Eve, to hold up our clearly Muslim Somali teenage SCO TM to proselytize to her for many minutes, ending by having the nerve to 'invite' her to your Bible study with 'no pressure'. Seriously, fuck right the fuck off with that shit.

TTOG: Just when I think I've seen or heard about it all, you show me that I can still be surprised. Leaving one of those little glasses from One Spot with some juice in it on an end cap shelf, which you so carefully prepared by shoving so much product aside, was a new one. Did you rinse the glass before peeling off most of the UPC label and then pouring your beverage? Or just go with whatever dust might have collected while waiting for someone to actually buy it, as opposed to just using it in the store? Along with whatever germs might have been on it from people handling it and maybe sneezing or coughing on it? (It is cold and flu season, after all.) Disgusting.

TAllTheGuestsThatRipOffBagsFromRebootingSCOs: The light isn't illuminated and the bags are there for a reason. Touching the screen frantically isn't going to magically turn them on. Just be patient and wait your turn for the next open machine.

TTOG: You are a rarity! When your child was picking things up and setting them down wherever, you stopped him and explained that store workers have to put all those things back where they belong, that he was making our jobs harder, and that he needed to put things back where he found them. I can count on one hand how many times I've heard parents say similar things to their curious, active children. Usually, they either don't notice or pretend to not notice what their children are doing, even when it's way more noticeable than what your child was doing.
So that's why I stopped to turn around and say "thank you" for being so thoughtful, and I meant it sincerely.
Now, if only I could have you educate other parents, like the one who left a ripped-open bag of Goldfish crackers spilled on a shelf with self-pushers. Picking those little things up wasn't my favorite thing that day.

That's a vast improvement from the guest who, when her little one stumbled and inadvertently swept a shelf clear in toys, and he immediately started picking them up and tried to put them back, pulled her little guy away and told him no, no, they have people here to do that for us. Wondered what she does at home. Kudos to the little one, daggers to mom

reminds me of last week we had a kid throw up on a cart and the floor, the parent pushed the cart to the front and took their kid and left. told no one. we just found the vomit cart and puddle of vomit in beauty waiting for us oh so nicely

(ps doesn't help that there is a stomach bug going around rn causing people to throw up themselves and have to call-in to work!)

reminds me of last week we had a kid throw up on a cart and the floor, the parent pushed the cart to the front and took their kid and left. told no one. we just found the vomit cart and puddle of vomit in beauty waiting for us oh so nicely

(ps doesn't help that there is a stomach bug going around rn causing people to throw up themselves and have to call-in to work!)
are you at my store lol ETLSE had to clean up a vomit cart here too lmao

TTOG: You are a rarity! When your child was picking things up and setting them down wherever, you stopped him and explained that store workers have to put all those things back where they belong, that he was making our jobs harder, and that he needed to put things back where he found them. I can count on one hand how many times I've heard parents say similar things to their curious, active children. Usually, they either don't notice or pretend to not notice what their children are doing, even when it's way more noticeable than what your child was doing.
So that's why I stopped to turn around and say "thank you" for being so thoughtful, and I meant it sincerely.
Now, if only I could have you educate other parents, like the one who left a ripped-open bag of Goldfish crackers spilled on a shelf with self-pushers. Picking those little things up wasn't my favorite thing that day.

Had something like that when I was in apparel a lifetime ago.
Mom pushed her cart too close to a rack knocking off several sweaters.
Her son (maybe 8 or 9) picked them up & was hanging them when she said "just leave those, Chaz. They have people to do that."
He glanced back at me & quickly hung them back up; I smiled & gave him a wink.
Kid has more class than his mom.

TAllTheParentsWithScreamingChildrenYesterday: Is it somehow fun for you to cart them around the store screaming like banshees? I could hear a few of them from the breakroom for the entirety of both of my breaks for heavens sake. There's a point where you honestly should just give up and leave. Don't try to talk to them or reason with them, just grab them and head out.

Usually it's not a question of desire, but of necessity. I was shopping once with my older son, who was maybe 4 at the time. He'd never been prone to tantrums, thank god, but this one poor woman was clearly doing Bataan Death Shopping with a screaming kid in her cart and all I could think was how grateful I was that my kid wasn't prone to tantrums (his autistic little brother, on the other hand, hoo boy) and we have the luxury of not needing to bring the kids with shopping most of the time.

Sometimes you just need to get the damn groceries.

Usually it's not a question of desire, but of necessity.
Except when they're browsing in soft lines or Domestics - anywhere other than Market or Essentials. Just strolling along, kid screaming and sobbing for whatever reason - tantrum, hungry, wet diaper, exhausted, or just having a grumpy day. I don't ever understand why the parent seems to think it's okay to subject everyone else to their child's extremely upset wailing. And if there really is something wrong, not just pitching a fit, the parent seems uninterested in doing anything about it.
To be clear - I don't blame the child. It's the parent I have a problem with.

Except when they're browsing in soft lines or Domestics - anywhere other than Market or Essentials. Just strolling along, kid screaming and sobbing for whatever reason - tantrum, hungry, wet diaper, exhausted, or just having a grumpy day. I don't ever understand why the parent seems to think it's okay to subject everyone else to their child's extremely upset wailing. And if there really is something wrong, not just pitching a fit, the parent seems uninterested in doing anything about it.
To be clear - I don't blame the child. It's the parent I have a problem with.
Exactly. This mother that was just letting her daughter scream and tantrumize was saying "Mama is very frustrated. I will never take you shopping with me again. You're not behaving! STOP IT!" This was after at least 25 minutes of kicking and whining and the little one screaming to the point of choking that she said this. She eventually did leave, just not as soon as the entire store had hoped.

Exactly. This mother that was just letting her daughter scream and tantrumize was saying "Mama is very frustrated. I will never take you shopping with me again. You're not behaving! STOP IT!" This was after at least 25 minutes of kicking and whining and the little one screaming to the point of choking that she said this. She eventually did leave, just not as soon as the entire store had hoped.
I see this at night frequently especially for younger kids that should be asleep at 8:00 not in a shopping cart at Target at 9:30.

Back