To That One Guest - II

funny how got to kept his ID after 2 decades but I couldn't renew mine due to the Patriot act.
There was a time in my state where, if you had a clean driving record, had not moved, and were not of an age where you had to retake any of the tests (vision, written, or behind the wheel), you could just send in a form with your renewal fee and get a sticker to place on your existing card. It was an attempt to reduce both material and adminsitrative costs. But yeah, that died after 9/11.

The point of carding everyone including WWI-era lookin' gramps is to discourage age bias decisions across the board.

Most older people grumble only slightly.

I very much prefer the "card everyone" policy. Any other policy of "we card anyone under 25/30/40" puts too much burden on the casheirs to balance the risk of a sting vs. pissing off everyone else. A card everyone policy at least gives the cashiers a way to pass the buck up the chain when guests get pissy about it.

I very much prefer the "card everyone" policy. Any other policy of "we card anyone under 25/30/40" puts too much burden on the casheirs to balance the risk of a sting vs. pissing off everyone else. A card everyone policy at least gives the cashiers a way to pass the buck up the chain when guests get pissy about it.
this. I don't want to have to guess

As I'm replacing the paper in one of the SCO a guest walks up.

Me: How can I help you?
Guest: I'm just waiting to check out.
Me: Sure, the other 3 registers are available.
Guest: sigh.. Oh, okay.

Seriously, there are 2, or even 3, other registers open. There is no reason to wait for the one that's temporarily out of service. This happens at least once every time I end up doing SCO.

As I'm replacing the paper in one of the SCO a guest walks up.

Me: How can I help you?
Guest: I'm just waiting to check out.
Me: Sure, the other 3 registers are available.
Guest: sigh.. Oh, okay.

Seriously, there are 2, or even 3, other registers open. There is no reason to wait for the one that's temporarily out of service. This happens at least once every time I end up doing SCO.
SCO says closed in big bold letters, upside down basket covering the scanner and guests will still walk up and be like how do I start scanning

TTOG: Can you please send us the first alert to let us know you’re coming and then let us know you’re here next time for Drive Up instead of letting us know you left and arrived immediately?? You had multiple orders man. I couldn’t reach them on top of the heavy shelf I also had to haul and heave into a cart.

I was almost ready to toss myself at a passing car coming back into the store because you had the audacity to complain I took too long to deliver it. Please Mr. Guest, have some compassion.

TTOG: Can you please send us the first alert to let us know you’re coming and then let us know you’re here next time for Drive Up instead of letting us know you left and arrived immediately?? You had multiple orders man. I couldn’t reach them on top of the heavy shelf I also had to haul and heave into a cart.

I was almost ready to toss myself at a passing car coming back into the store because you had the audacity to complain I took too long to deliver it. Please Mr. Guest, have some compassion.
This. So much this.

Had a guest that said they were on their way for their drive up, 4 minutes away. After waiting for about an hour and a half I finally get the “arrived” notification. I go out there and wait (in the dark and the cold) for about 15 minutes before I say fuck it and go back inside. 45 minutes later someone comes up to guest service complaining that their order was processed but they never got it. (If someone says they’re here and they don’t arrive within a minute i process the order in mygo so it doesn’t go over 2 minutes) Turns out it was the drive up guest who had a cart FULL of stuff who was shopping the entire time. I was like “yeah when it says you’re here, it’s kind of expected that you’d be outside. In your car. In the drive up spots. That’s where I was waiting for you.” And she was like “oh yeah well I had some things to pick up!” Like lady what the fuck. I don’t understand placing OPUs or DUs if you’re just gonna come in and shop anyways.

(If someone says they’re here and they don’t arrive within a minute i process the order in mygo so it doesn’t go over 2 minutes)

it would be better to let the order go over 2 minutes and then call the CSC so they can stop the clock and prevent it from hitting your metrics because we obviously don't want to charge a guest for items they physically don't have right now

We've found taking time to show how to us the app. Really helps. Lots simply don't know better.

Had a guest that said they were on their way for their drive up, 4 minutes away. After waiting for about an hour and a half I finally get the “arrived” notification. I go out there and wait (in the dark and the cold) for about 15 minutes before I say fuck it and go back inside. 45 minutes later someone comes up to guest service complaining that their order was processed but they never got it. (If someone says they’re here and they don’t arrive within a minute i process the order in mygo so it doesn’t go over 2 minutes) Turns out it was the drive up guest who had a cart FULL of stuff who was shopping the entire time. I was like “yeah when it says you’re here, it’s kind of expected that you’d be outside. In your car. In the drive up spots. That’s where I was waiting for you.” And she was like “oh yeah well I had some things to pick up!” Like lady what the fuck. I don’t understand placing OPUs or DUs if you’re just gonna come in and shop anyways.
Never, ever process before guest receives items. Sorry, but you were definitely in the wrong.

Ttog-

[My store doesn't sell any alcohol]

Guest- "Where's your wine?"

Me- "We unfortunately don't carry any"

Guest -" I've bought some here before"

Me- "Correct. Target does sell wine but not here. In this store."

Guest-" Ok whatever. I know I have before"

Bitch tell me where then....

I must be fucking blind.

Does anyone else have the guests who come in with lists of clearance DPCIs and ask you to search for all of them?

Back