To That One Guest - II

Step one: arrive early! Employees love it when they are aware that you've been standing outside for xx amount of minutes before the store opens!
Bonus points: ring the doorbell and knock on the locked door to see if they can let you in early since you're so special to them. Or better yet grab the walkie.

Step two: wait until the employees are extremely busy with their tasks to ask them questions such as 'where are the eggs/coffee/milk is?'
Bonus points: when you want their attention, they love it when you touch them or even better, try whistling or clicking your fingers, this makes the employees feel extra special!

Step three: when you know you're going to get more than a few things, make sure you get a cart, you know the ones that EVERYONE uses, and if the cart bay is empty, to stop what the employee is doing to make them retrieve a cart for you.
Bonus points : if the employee points to the carts, please act offended because this sort of comprising is simply unacceptable!

Step four: if you are not happy with the standard of the store, instead of telling an employee, demand to speak to the store LOD without telling them why.
Bonus points : even if it's a very minor issue, make it a dramatic life story about how it has ruined your life and how you'll never return!

Step five: when you have completed your shopping, make it a challenge to look for the smallest queue! Who cares if that employee has worked for 9 hours straight and is close to passing out, hurl your cart towards that till!
Bonus points: when you're being served, question every double scan and when you're giving money, employees love it when you lick your fingers before giving them your cash.

I hope this guide helps a lot of guests out and if any team members have any more suggestions, add it to the comments so we can all learn how to be great guests!

TTOG: Bless you. I was 8 hours and 45 minutes into a 9 hour toys shift on the last Saturday before Christmas. Thank you so much for understanding when I completely blanked when you asked for My Look stuff despite having it in the cart that I was working on. I was a zombie at that point. Glad that I snapped out of it and found you what you were looking for.

Yes. I tell young people they can sign up on line. Older people do often carry checks. And middle age people have them at home. Those I give flyers to and say, just toss one in your wallet, and we'll sign you up next time.

People do love red cards once they sign up.
Is there a thing where guests can write a review on the cashier and if there is, how does an employee have access to the review

Step 6: Ask a TM if we have an item in stock, then demand said TM go look in the back when the mydevice says we have ZERO on floor, ZERO in BACK!!!!!
Even better: Ask to speak to a manager because "I'm not doing my job".

Is there a thing where guests can write a review on the cashier and if there is, how does an employee have access to the review
The bottom of the receipt (above the gift receipt if one is issued) has a survey link.

You don't directly have access to read them, only the ETLs.

Surveys aren't generated for transactions using a TM discount card, also.

I
Is it the law? Or store policy? Back when stores like CVS and Walgreens started this I heard it was not the law, it was policy to prevent civil lawsuits from parents.
It is the law in some states. Target's system doesn't differentiate, so in some states, it could be unnecessary legally.

We no longer can scan IDs.

That’s when you take time to educate the guest on the benefits of having a red card and how easy it is to add their gift cards to cartwheel do all we have to go next time is scan the barcode in their wallet. ;)
I swear every time I asked a guest if they would like to sign up for a red card, I always get a no or better yet "I'm sorry but I don't trust Target with my info after the whole hacking thing."

Had to card a 60ish woman for wine.
She said "Are you kidding?!" while digging for her license.
Her daughter offered to buy it but she said no.
"Wait'll the girls at Bunco hear about this!" she said finally laughing.

We don't swipe their IDs; we just have to verify it's legit & key in the date shown.

Lol at the guest today who said she wanted $70 worth of photos free. Apparently they were good enough quality to keep but bad enough quality to want them free. Lol nope. She said “you all always do it for me” like lady you just incriminated yourself right there, we’re not gonna let you walk out with free products anymore. She banks on the whole “oh well if you’re gonna just throw them out...”

She huffed out when she couldn’t get them free.

If I made an extra by my mistake or messed up their order, I'll give them the mistake as apology.

Here's my guest ID Story since that is the current theme-

Guest is returning something for his daughter. Side note-Idk why people are like " oh your going to target, can you return this for me?" Anyways, he is like she doesn't have the receipt. So I'm like ok no problem, just need to see your ID. He shows it to me in his wallet. This ID was issued in 1990's some time. I'm like "this is expired" He shows me it doesn't still in the damn Wallet. At this point, I'm like I need to physically see the ID. He is like "why heres the number" 😑 I finally gave in and typed it. I was like next time we physically need to see it to verify its legitimate. Then went back to its valid lol That's funny how got to kept his ID after 2 decades but I couldn't renew mine due to the Patriot act.

That's funny how got to kept his ID after 2 decades but I couldn't renew mine due to the Patriot act.

Back then you kept your expired id. No worries about the old ones being used for nefarious reasons. Most of those worries came about post 9-11.

Back