To That One Guest - II

TThose2Guests:
Thanks for waiting until 6 minutes before the store closes to return a basket full of shit (#1) and a pile of clothes with no tags that smell like a Marlboro factory.
Not like I already closed my D-Cart for the night or anything.
LMAO I’ve had guests return shit that smells like curry powder let alone cigarettes. Not to mention I find shit in soft lines reshoppe that isn’t even from our store! I’m talking old navy and the gap sweaters and pants... how was that stuff even returned here?!

LMAO I’ve had guests return shit that smells like curry powder let alone cigarettes. Not to mention I find shit in soft lines reshoppe that isn’t even from our store! I’m talking old navy and the gap sweaters and pants... how was that stuff even returned here?!
Lol some shit has fake tags. They take tags from actual products from us and with their own tag machine (or the classic "oops pulled the tag off before trying it on") return the product.

I returned Victoria's Secret panties once my first night alone at GS and the ETL-SL was like "wtf is this?" and soon learned to really check the inside of the clothes.
At the speed we sometimes process shit, or noobs up here sent for backup, it's been a few more occurrences of Walmart and Kohl's shit getting processed in.

Lol some shit has fake tags. They take tags from actual products from us and with their own tag machine (or the classic "oops pulled the tag off before trying it on") return the product.

I returned Victoria's Secret panties once my first night alone at GS and the ETL-SL was like "wtf is this?" and soon learned to really check the inside of the clothes.
At the speed we sometimes process shit, or noobs up here sent for backup, it's been a few more occurrences of Walmart and Kohl's shit getting processed in.
I check brand size and color. (target brand tags have color printed on them). if it doesn't match I check DPCI and then deny

TTOG: Don't just toss a gift card at me without saying a word, assuming I'll know exactly what you want. You handed me a previously scratched gift card and said "25 on that."

So me, thinking that you wanted to reload it, put $25 on it. You never said anything about paying with it, even after I asked. :rolleyes:Thankfully, your wife noticed something was off and I was able to correct the error before completing the transaction.

Communication is key people. Say what you want *clearly*. We aren't mind readers and there's a lot of noise this time of year, so we can't always hear.
I have guests who walk up to sco all the time and ask “can I do gift cards here?” 😏 I now reply “buying or using?” And then say yes no matter their reply.

*scans merch card* *screen says can’t sell a merch card*
Guest: “UMMMMM THIS HAS MONEY ON IT THEY JUST GAVE IT TO ME WHY ISNT IT WORKING THEY SAID I CAN USE IT ON THIS HERES MY RECEIPT”
Me: “you have to go on the pay screen for it to know you’re trying to pay.”
Guest: “WHERES THAT”
Me: *has to walk over and press the pay button and basically finish everything for them*

*scans merch card* *screen says can’t sell a merch card*
Guest: “UMMMMM THIS HAS MONEY ON IT THEY JUST GAVE IT TO ME WHY ISNT IT WORKING THEY SAID I CAN USE IT ON THIS HERES MY RECEIPT”
Me: “you have to go on the pay screen for it to know you’re trying to pay.”
Guest: “WHERES THAT”
Me: *has to walk over and press the pay button and basically finish everything for them*
My favorite was when before the update when it wouldn't prompt the guest to hit "pay", and I would have countless guests just sit there and ask "is it just gonna sit there forever or what" and the satisfaction I would get just walking over and hitting the pay button was immense.

TTOG: Thank you for finding abandons and asking if you could put them in my cart. It was the nicest thing anyone did for me all weekend, and it seemed like you knew it was only me and the TL zoning in hardlines last night.

To the guests that had hard to find items that I found...thanks for not tackling me out of joy!! :D

TTOG: Thank you for finding abandons and asking if you could put them in my cart. It was the nicest thing anyone did for me all weekend, and it seemed like you knew it was only me and the TL zoning in hardlines last night.

To the guests that had hard to find items that I found...thanks for not tackling me out of joy!! :D
I love it when guests show some consideration for the team members, even small acts like that are appreciated. It always seems to be current/former retail employees.

I’m always having to stop my mom from putting the stuff she changes her mind on on random shelves and leaving the cart just in the parking lot instead of the cart return 🙄
Biggest pet peeve of mine is when people leave shopping carts in parking spots. Like what makes them think that’s alright? 🙄

Biggest pet peeve of mine is when people leave shopping carts in parking spots. Like what makes them think that’s alright? 🙄
how about when they leave it directly blocking the exit/ entrance... like you couldn’t have pushed it five feet over with the other carts. instead they cause a hazard and get in the way of everyone else.

or when they just decide they don’t need the cart after the checkout and leave it in the lane, so the next guest has to move it out of the way to go. it’s so lazy and inconsiderate.

how about when they leave it directly blocking the exit/ entrance... like you couldn’t have pushed it five feet over with the other carts. instead they cause a hazard and get in the way of everyone else.

or when they just decide they don’t need the cart after the checkout and leave it in the lane, so the next guest has to move it out of the way to go. it’s so lazy and inconsiderate.
Speaking of the entrance, it always annoys me when a herd of people walk in the same direction through both automatic doors, and you can't walk in the opposite direction because of oncoming traffic. The rules of driving should apply, stay on the right side!

Last edited:
TTOG: Well, more than one guest. Why do you all feel stupid when I grab what you want from a rack or table in arm's reach? It's my job to find all the obscure little hiding places for things and to know where they are supposed to be and where they likely ended up instead. You are just visiting my turf for a very short time, and there is no way you could possibly have known that item would be there. Quit feeling stupid, because you aren't.

OMG.... you read my mind.

Me: I need to see your ID for this medicine.
Guest: -rolls eyes and gives me ID-
Me: -smiles and takes ID to scan-
Guest: what the hell are you doing... you just need my birth date.. You are giving my information to the whole world
Me: Ma am, the scanning just allows the computer to the math for us.. and it does not give out any of your information
Guest: I do not believe you. This is stupid.. You clearly dont know how to do your job.
Me: -smiles and hands them their receipt- This how I was trained to do things. If you have a problem how we were trained then you can talk to my supervisor. Have a lovely day..

-guest behind her.. mocks and laughs about her-

Me: I need to see your ID for this medicine.
Guest: -rolls eyes and gives me ID-
Me: -smiles and takes ID to scan-
Guest: what the hell are you doing... you just need my birth date.. You are giving my information to the whole world
Me: Ma am, the scanning just allows the computer to the math for us.. and it does not give out any of your information
Guest: I do not believe you. This is stupid.. You clearly dont know how to do your job.
Me: -smiles and hands them their receipt- This how I was trained to do things. If you have a problem how we were trained then you can talk to my supervisor. Have a lovely day..

-guest behind her.. mocks and laughs about her-
Medicine? Unless we're talking whiskey, why does it matter? The register prompts for scanning ID -or- enter birthdate. Since it's an option, why not roll with it and just ask for the birthdate? Guests are inconvenienced far less and the two of you can crack jokes together about the ridiculousness of AlkaSeltzer Plus being an illicit drug and the guest (who is either sick or taking care of someone who is sick and therefore stressed) leaves in a somewhat better mood.

Medicine? Unless we're talking whiskey, why does it matter? The register prompts for scanning ID -or- enter birthdate. Since it's an option, why not roll with it and just ask for the birthdate? Guests are inconvenienced far less and the two of you can crack jokes together about the ridiculousness of AlkaSeltzer Plus being an illicit drug and the guest (who is either sick or taking care of someone who is sick and therefore stressed) leaves in a somewhat better mood.
Depends on the law in your area, down here in FL they passed a statewide rule that anyone buying any type of cough medicine has to 18+ and show ID. We don't want these kids out here Robotripping their balls off because we didn't check if they were over 18. Won't someone think of the children!?

Depends on the law in your area, down here in FL they passed a statewide rule that anyone buying any type of cough medicine has to 18+ and show ID. We don't want these kids out here Robotripping their balls off because we didn't check if they were over 18. Won't someone think of the children!?
Because the day someone turns 18 they lose all desire to ingest DXM and lose all desire to help out their one year younger buddy.

I feel like the “scan ID or enter birthdate” means if the ID won’t scan for whatever reason (a couple of my registers have a really weak hand scanner so it’s hard to scan them) you have the option to type in the birthdate you visually see on the ID. You can’t just ask the guest what their birthday is you have to visually confirm it

Back