To That One Guest - II

Oh, I have another...

To those two guests...

I am sincerely sorry things were in the wrong place and/or mis-signed. I have no control over what inbound team does, or if team members can't tell the difference between Ninja blenders and put them everywhere. I can't give you a giftcard for the more expensive blender, and if something was in the wrong spot, I can't honor that price. I'm just a seasonal TM...

Ugh.
TTOG: If you cared that much about your (frozen) pizza losing its toppings l, then you should've put it barcode up, so I could just hit it with the gun.
Secondly, you bought two gallons of milk. I scanned them and set them on top of the counter for you to grab. I really don't know what happened next, but next thing I know, one of the milks falls toward me, lands on my mat and explodes.

Part of the reason I put them up on the counter was so you could take them right away :rolleyes:.

That was an awesome way to spend the last 10 minutes of my shift. *Not*

TTOG: Holy shit, your breath smelled like you haven’t brushed your teeth in a week! And you were throwing a fit over the guest in front of you because they had 5 WIC checks and those take a while to do. I’m sorry for the experience but there’s no need to yell at me or the cashier handling the transaction. If you’re in such a hurry, self checkout is available but I can’t open more lanes to get you out faster. And you can clean your stuff off the belt yourself and put it back in a cart, if you wanted me to do it then ASK! I could have but with you being an absolute monster, I didn’t bother and had no issues calling the LOD over when you wanted to speak someone higher.

They didn’t believe you when you put words in my mouth about how I was supposedly rude though so nice try! Thanks for throwing blueberries around and leaving 2 bags behind. :p

TTOG: I'm sorry that the Funko toy was street-dated and it can't be sold until a future date. We don't control street dates, and it doesn't matter if other Target stores are already selling the same item. No, we can't put the toy on hold for you. I will gladly call a manager for you. I do apologize for the inconvenience and the fact that it was on the sales floor to begin with.

TTotherG: I do apologize that we are not price-matching to Target.com this week. I can understand your disgust and frustration and I hope that if you are not coming back to Target, you can find the toys and other items you need at another store.

TTOG: I'm sorry that the Funko toy was street-dated and it can't be sold until a future date. We don't control street dates, and it doesn't matter if other Target stores are already selling the same item. No, we can't put the toy on hold for you. I will gladly call a manager for you. I do apologize for the inconvenience and the fact that it was on the sales floor to begin with.

TTotherG: I do apologize that we are not price-matching to Target.com this week. I can understand your disgust and frustration and I hope that if you are not coming back to Target, you can find the toys and other items you need at another store.
Why aren’t you price matching t.com? I’ve been matching for guests at the register as long as they can scan the item with their app and show me the .com price. Why would you make them order it just so they can wait for it to be picked and then they have to wait in line at GS to pick it up?

Why aren’t you price matching t.com? I’ve been matching for guests at the register as long as they can scan the item with their app and show me the .com price. Why would you make them order it just so they can wait for it to be picked and then they have to wait in line at GS to pick it up?
I'm not really sure myself of that to be honest, I am just doing what my GSTLs are telling me. I don't really understand the policy myself, but if our ETLs/STL is telling us to do this, I am not going to question them on it.

Because holiday exemptions prevented us from matching to T.com from Thanksgiving day until that Sunday. And during Cyber Week (which ends this coming Saturday) we can match to T.com but not to competitor's prices. I assume that either Hope's post is related to events from the weekend or that her leaders are mis-informed.

Huh. We were told that the only place we will price match this week is target.com. I asked about that and the GSTL said that was the only exception.

TTOG: You seem to be a very nice gentleman so I am pretty sure you were referring to me having a walkie, a zebra and a zebra printer all hanging from my belt, but when you came back looking for me to say thanks, saying "I recognize those hips!" to a woman who is of the 'more to love' size does cause a bit of a whimper.

TTOG: Stop fumbling for the barcode for OPU.
Just give me your ID.
I don't need the barcode at this point. You've been attempting to login to your account for 4 minutes now. Let me move the line.
"all I need is your ID"
"one sec I have the email somewhere"
"I just need your ID"
*repeat for 5 minutes*

TTOG:
I'm sorry the shelf tag was 44.99 and our system was 99.99. I'm sorry I misheard you/forgot the picture of the tag you showed me and put in 49.99 instead when changing the price for you. I'm sorry my TL couldn't give you a discount for the 'work' of going to take a picture of the tag to show me. There's shit we can do outside of adjusting the price because it's such a huge difference from our system. There's no need to say we're 'literally raping' you. There's no need to yell at me and make me cry. I'm just seasonal. Take your over 50% off fancy alcohol and go. Please.

"Excuse me, do you have any more of this Daiya shredded cheese in stock?"

"Not sure, let's check!" -boops the barcode with a device- "Oh, I'm sorry we don't at the moment."

le heavy sigh "Ooooookayyy..."

But Amazon pays $15 an hour, as opposed to our $12 an hour.

At least according to the graffiti on the "we're hiring" signs in the women's bathroom.

TTOG: I totally feel you. The bread aisle is empty. The rest of the store is trashed. When are we getting more groceries? I honestly don't know. I wish I did. But even if we did have product we couldn't put it on the floor because Target has prioritized shipping items from the store to guests over serving guests in the store. It's how we manage to have stores at all. Or something. And when the neighboring district starts having issues with SFS they shut down and send all orders to our store, and conscript all but a couple of sales floor people (and ETLs) to work on SFS, so there's literally nobody to put product on the shelves even if we had it.

So, I'm sorry. Really I am. I wish I could fix it.

TTOG: I had no idea the transaction before you was going to take as long as it did, but I don't feel bad that you stood in line waiting for the 20+ minutes it took to complete the order and then get the coupon/gift card mixup sorted with the help of the GSTL because you completely did that to yourself.

You saw everything that was happening, you saw that I/we were having trouble figuring things out and yet you stood there whining. On top of that, when I flipped my light for help and the GSTL didn't appear within 2 minutes, you started yelling at him when he was finally able to make his way to my lane.

Lady, you could've moved like, a century ago. Why didn't you? You had a really easy order, it wouldn't have been hard to pack up and just move. There was no reason that you *had to* wait because you "committed" yourself to my line. :rolleyes: God it's going to be a nightmare if people are going to be this stupid every day.

Last edited:
Back