To That One Guest - II

TTOG thanks for the hug. Toddler hugs are the best.

That is unless you are male and they run up on you for the hug, slamming the top of their head directly into your crotch.
I ran a daycare for a while and learned to twist away when a kiddo came running up for a hug after having that happen.
Also stopped wearing dangly earrings after babies ripped mine out a couple of times.

TTOG who asked to speak to a manager when we myself and four other TMs told you that we didn't carry an item you had. We were all nice to you, and apologized for not having the item but still you wanted to see a manager because us lowly TMs can't possibly know whether we carry an item or not. I guarantee we know better than the STL who just sits on her ass in her office all day. I'm glad we didn't carry the item you wanted, and I'm pleased that the STL just told you the same thing we did. Just take a chill pill next time lady. We can't pull items out of our ass no matter how bad you want it.

TTOG:
Yes, this is where you pick up an order. The gigantic letters behind me that say "Order Pickup" (which you read out loud before asking) are not for decoration.
Yes, I need to see your ID. The email you're showing me on your Samsung Galaxy S3 with a super cracked screen clearly says you need to show me your ID.
Oh, it's a gigantic order. And you knew what it was. And you didn't bring a cart? Sure, let me go get you a cart.
You'd like to verify I have every single f'ing item in your 38-item order? By all means, take everything out the f'ing bags and put them on the counter and start counting your items.
Have fun, I'm going to step over to this other register and help the 12 guests in line behind you now, since I can't have backup.

(yells at me from across the counter): "IT SAYS I'M SUPPOSED TO GET A GIFT CARD! GIVE ME MY GIFT CARD! IT'S NOT IN HERE!"
(Guest in line yells at him): "It gets e-mailed to you!"

TTOneOtherG: Thank you for helping me ridicule this asshat!

To be fair, we've got some new flex people. Mistakes happen. I prefer that they check order before I swipe.
Totally. But don't yell at me for your gift card, old man!

Yeah some of our Flex peeps aren't disposing of the shipping slip and they are throwing it in the bag, and some people have tried to make returns with it, which doesn't work. Only slips from items shipped to the guest directly work. No one's training Flex properly.

and make sure no damage.

I know this is totally unrealistic, but it would be nice, sometimes, to have the ability (like Shipt folks) to communicate with guests if they're ok with a slightly different color (eg. dark gray vs light gray in women's gloves) or if they'r OK with a damaged package (if we only have damaged packages). There are times when I've found the only remaining item in packaging that's totally wrecked. From what I can see the item inside is fine, but some guests just won't go for it.

Yeah after being burned a few times by the lack of ability to do same day OPU returns, my store now requires us to have all guests verify items. Quantity, size, color, and make sure no damage.
You can do same day returns now if you print out a receipt from mygo using a hip printer because it generates a VCD but it’s a hassle

You can do same day returns now if you print out a receipt from mygo using a hip printer because it generates a VCD but it’s a hassle
Yeah but we haven't bought the receipt paper for the Zebra (we lost our ETL-GE right as Q4 started and they sent the memo about the changes, so it's all a clusterfuck at the front end now).

In lieu of this, give it like 20 minutes and do an advanced search in myGo for their order (full name or the full order #) and click their name (it'll be red next to them instead of green) and then click I think "order notes" or whatever option is at the bottom. It'll give you a barcode and a VCD and you can scan that barcode with POS and that's the VCD it'll ask for.

the guest's email receipt will also have a receipt and vcd number so you don't even need to print out the receipt, just have them pull it up in their email

Ttog-

Had a guest complain that we had no salads on the floor (kinda light because of the recall) I looked at her to make sure she was serious...and she was. I was like "Did you hear about the romaine lettuce recall?" Of course she hadn't 💁‍♀️ Then went on about how other retailers didn't have any either. This should have been a huge clue...but whatever.

Every actual grocery store I went to today had signs up all over their produce department stating that due to the CDC recall, all products containing romaine were unavailable until further notice. Some variation in wording that made it obvious that each individual store's manager came up with it, rather than it being a downloaded file from CDC. I didn't go near the produce section at my T to see if we had anything similar.

Every actual grocery store I went to today had signs up all over their produce department stating that due to the CDC recall, all products containing romaine were unavailable until further notice. Some variation in wording that made it obvious that each individual store's manager came up with it, rather than it being a downloaded file from CDC. I didn't go near the produce section at my T to see if we had anything similar.
I didn’t see any at my store. Seems like public health laws would require posting recall notices, but maybe it varies by state.

I didn’t see any at my store. Seems like public health laws would require posting recall notices, but maybe it varies by state.
No sign at my store yesterday. But the spinach and other bagged salads were all spread out to make that section look full.

The law just states we have to have the information available, which we do online. On any given day there are many recall notices in affect. Stores can barely put up the correct signing for pricing. No way in hell I'd trust them to put up the correct recall notices. Not to mention there's no good place to post all of that information in-store.

A guest comes up to the counter with the back piece of those threshold fuzzy blankets, the piece with the barcode on it. "I bought this last week and I'd like to match it to the sale price for this week."
"If it's part of our doorbuster deal then I cannot. Let me check that for you." I flip through our ad and lo and behold, it's a doorbuster. "It's part of our Doorbuster, so I can't match it."
"Then I want to return it and rebuy it for that price."
"I can't return an item that's not here an-"
"Then I'll bring it back and return and rebuy it then."
"Even if you do that I'll have to have you grab one off of the floor. I cannot resell this one to you for our Doorbuster price."
"Well that's stupid." And she walks away.

TTOG: You can use words, you know. I may not get paid very much, but they're able to afford human beings here and we have word comprehension abilities.

Me: "Next Guest, how can I help you?"
Guest: <throws shit on counter>
<sticks card in CC machine>
Me: "Are we returning?"
G: "Yes."
M: "Oh, okay, do you have the receipt?" (I know you don't but we're going through this bc screw you, we're gonna use a little bit of the English language to get you to tell me what you want)
G: "I have the card."
M: (condescendingly) "I see, let me get the register in that mode. Go ahead and insert your card, or swipe if it doesn't have a chip."

TTOG: Thanks for breaking the climbing Santa in seasonal because we wouldn't give you 40% off on him. Yes, the sign says 40% off below him. You failed to read it as "Christmas TREES"...

(Later during zone/returns, I unplugged Santa so we didn't have to hear his music for an hour, or the clicking noise he makes when he can't go up or down.)

Back