To That One Guest - II

TTOG: If you can seriously stand there and say that you have visited several stores looking for a particular type of shirt and haven't found it yet, then maybe you need to reconsider what is "acceptable" and "not acceptable".

Older woman, not pregnant, she was all belly. When she touched her stomach while explaining why buying shirts is hard I seriously wondered if she has a massive tumor because she looked like she had a basketball under her shirt, it was that defined and large a lump. She had on jeans with a nice embroidery of roses, pink and a darker pink with a bit of brown in the tint, and she wanted a shirt that matched one of those colors. No shirt was right. She didn't want button down, because button down fits all wrong around the stomach. She didn't want a sweater weight weave because she would be too warm. She didn't want one shirt in WF because the neck was too low. She didn't want another shirt in WF because it wasn't long enough. She didn't want any of the shirts I found in Ava & Viv because of not liking the fabric, not her style, just didn't strike her fancy, even when I told her that the X shirt would give more room in the stomach than an XL in the other brands while fitting about the same in the shoulders. She tried on a plain long sleeve tee from AND and it was too tight for her stomach, which she predicted before she went in. She wouldn't even look at the WWW shirts. I found in our teeny Knox Rose section a shirt that was the answer to all her complaints - both colors, loose around the stomach, long sleeve, thin enough to not be hot, modest neckline - and she said "I'm an old woman, that youthful style would look ridiculous on me." Knox Rose, youthful???? She had just remarked that another Knox Rose shirt that was the wrong size but cut similarly was pretty.
Lol did you tell her there are these people called tailors that make clothes on demand just to suit the wearer perfectly?

TTOG: I can appreciate that you want to teach your son a lesson and make him pick up all the toys he dumped on the floor. Thanks. But, honestly, when I tell you not to worry about it, I mean it. I'll do it. It's faster for me to grab items off the floor and put them in the right place then remove everything your child put back in the wrong place and then put everything back correctly. Your heart is in the right place though, so thank you.

TTOG: Thank you for your encouragement today. You have no idea how many times I have come close to breaking this week. I feel the weight of the truck, the push, the zone, the MASSIVE VMGs, the new phone system, and all of you (not to mention a closing team that constantly lets us down). Thank you for telling me how nice my department looked even though all I can see is the areas I've yet to touch/fix. The few minutes I talked to you today were golden. :)

TTOG: I'm sorry our store does not sell that Jo Jo Slime that you were looking for. I assure you that I've never seen it. I cannot find it in our app. I also cannot find it on the website at our store. We don't fucking have it. But, thanks for spending the next half hour in my section looking for it on your phone and glaring at me everytime I walked by with your Target Mom haircut.

TTotherOG: Thank you for your patience. Your nephew really likes dump trucks for some reason and you wanted to get him a Tonka one for his birthday. I told you that I knew I had a couple in the back but it would take me some time to find because we hadn't put any toys away for a few days. Well, it took a loooong time. But, I found the dump truck. Thanks for being so appreciative. I like helping nice guests.

TTOG: I'm sorry our store does not sell that Jo Jo Slime that you were looking for. I assure you that I've never seen it. I cannot find it in our app. I also cannot find it on the website at our store. We don't fucking have it. But, thanks for spending the next half hour in my section looking for it on your phone and glaring at me everytime I walked by with your Target Mom haircut.

TTotherOG: Thank you for your patience. Your nephew really likes dump trucks for some reason and you wanted to get him a Tonka one for his birthday. I told you that I knew I had a couple in the back but it would take me some time to find because we hadn't put any toys away for a few days. Well, it took a loooong time. But, I found the dump truck. Thanks for being so appreciative. I like helping nice guests.
Wait 'till you have a guest cry when you either can or can't find an item...

Wait 'till you have a guest cry when you either can or can't find an item...

Oh. I'm already used to crying. I work toys. Crying kids are everyday. I would never tell a guest that maybe I can find something in the back if they have a kid with them. An adult shopping for a kid's birthday who is really nice and polite, that I'm willing to do.

TTOG: When I say the GSTL will be just a minute because he's with a team member, I mean it. There was no reason to get mad. He wasn't just schmoozing with the TM, he was answering a question they had. :rolleyes:

Yes, so sorry he couldn't come within seconds of me flipping my light *Not*. He's only being pulled in about 80 different directions at once

To that one kid who came up to my counter, slamming his hand down saying "Icee! NOW!":
I snapped the dome lid on & slammed it on the counter almost to the point of crumbling it.
You made a grab for it but I pulled it back & said "Money! NOW!"
Your dad cracked up & said "She's got yer number, buddy" while you fussed & fumed waiting for Dad to pay.
Golden Rule, kid.

To that one kid who came up to my counter, slamming his hand down saying "Icee! NOW!":
I snapped the dome lid on & slammed it on the counter almost to the point of crumbling it.
Your dad cracked up & said "She's got yer number, buddy" while you fussed & fumed waiting for Dad to pay.
Golden Rule, kid.
Score one for you and dad!

TTOG: It seems you love spot as much as we do at work (not), so sorry for disturbing you tonight, when we're closing 5 minutes til. You were still in the aisles and wandering around the store, with other TM's asking if you needed help, when the lights went down (not taking the hint) It had to take our AP to tell you to leave, and yet you made a scene. Sheesh.

psst: a latte with mocha sauce and whip is a mocha and you will be charged for a mocha. i really love it when people come in and try to order drinks in “creative” ways so they don’t have to pay full price 🙄
Have you had kids HC add a,shot yet?

Golden Rule, kid.
You made my day!😂😂😂

TTOG: I just spent almost 8 hours today in Accessories hell. No way you couldn't tell that we were setting in there. So why did you immediately dive in and start throwing handbags around and messing up my sets? Could you have at least let me LEAVE before you crapped on all my hard work?

psst: a latte with mocha sauce and whip is a mocha and you will be charged for a mocha. i really love it when people come in and try to order drinks in “creative” ways so they don’t have to pay full price 🙄
Have you had kids HC add a,shot yet?
Oh, I LOVE this game!
A barista buddy at another store calls this 'confuse the barista' & she plays like a pro.
Had a girl order a grande latte with chai syrup added because it was 'cheaper' than a double dirty chai; buddy charged her the regular price & the girl ranted that 'that's not how they charge it at XX SB'!

TTOG: No ma'am, it looks like that particular item is out of stock. Yes I know there's a BOGO going on with it right now and you're after the deal. No, we don't have any on the way. No, I cannot order any in for you. We can place an online order and have it shipped to your house. You would rather have it shipped to the store? Well my inventory tells me we have two on hand so it'll try to pull that one from our store's inventory, and when the TM can't find it they'll say they can't fulfill the order and it'll be cancelled. Yes we can ship this one to your house instead and have the other one picked up in store. No, I cannot let you walk out of the store with this item. Why? Because it hasn't been processed. No, my team cannot skip the other OPUs they have to pick to do yours. Yes I understand it's not your fault we don't have the item in stock, but it's not my fault, nor the store's fault either. Oh, you don't want them anymore? Okay just leave them here and I'll put them in reshop. Have a great day ma'am.

Not a too that guest, but more or so to those companies that send people to Target to repair and help with devices. Theres not much that we could do. It makes us look bad when you tell our guests that we help them fix something and then we cant. Then we get upset people. Doesn't end to well

Back