To That One Guest - II

That's me every day almost. I was in Toy purgatory Monday and Today. I usually look it up for them and then say, "Take a hike"...j/k
It could be worse, you could be in toy purgatory on the weekends (me).

What makes it worse is my shopping center shares a movie theater. Lots of teenagers on Fridays šŸ™ƒ

It could be worse, you could be in toy purgatory on the weekends (me).

What makes it worse is my shopping center shares a movie theater. Lots of teenagers on Fridays šŸ™ƒ
For me, it all depends on the Love notes my TL leaves. It gives assignments on who does what, some days I think she hates me, but really, I think she knows I will do it right. I am usually the midshift guy and so it isn't too bad, weekends included.

Maybe you were the first team member they found? I donā€™t really think this is a big deal, it happens to me all the time. Just search it in the Zebra or Target app, and if youā€™re having a hard time just ask for a Beauty TM to help.

Way other end of the store. Zebra wasn't working. And, I did walkie someone in beauty. Turns out we don't sell the product.

I mean you can search it on the Zebra and find the aisle šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Not when MyWork is down and we don't sell the product. I'm just irritated because 15 minutes before my shift ended I had one last repack box to finish and I got slammed with guest questions about areas I don't work in. The shampoo lady was just the last one. No, that repack did not get done.

Not when MyWork is down and we don't sell the product. I'm just irritated because 15 minutes before my shift ended I had one last repack box to finish and I got slammed with guest questions about areas I don't work in. The shampoo lady was just the last one. No, that repack did not get done.
Yeah it sucks when myWork is down.

Just a handy tip for the future though, you can use the Target app on the Zebras to look up items and aisle locations. Itā€™ll work even when myWork is down.

I think it's better to look things up on target.com than my work, the search engine is more accommodating with search terms.

I think it's better to look things up on target.com than my work, the search engine is more accommodating with search terms.
I agree. Thatā€™s probably because they have more employees working on the consumer Target app than the internal myWork app, haha

TTOG: Who the hell do you think you are to talk to me that way? I come up to Guest Service desk at the start of my shift and the first thing I hear is 'this is why I hate doing returns at Target, they're so difficult'. There's two team members behind the desk, one of whom is not trained for GS but can do simple returns, the other is a new GSA who started a week ago. So I jump in, realizing that this is probably a difficult return and I'm the one with the most experience. The first thing out of this woman's mouth is 'oh you won't be able to help me either'. Then she follows it up with the comment 'It shouldn't take three people to do a return.' My team members tell you that they're new and still learning GS, which should be this woman's cue to take it easy and allow me to help but instead she replies with 'well you guys always have someone new here'. Bitch shut up you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. She complains that it's taking a while to do the returns (she has like... 10 different packing slips for the orders, no organization whatsoever to them-- two items don't even have a receipt and weren't on her card). The new GSA took the time to sort the items to the packing slips to organize this mess), then she complains that only one person should be handling the return when the new GSA jumps in to help. Alright yes, I get your point, but don't complain that it's taking a while to do these returns when they're each on separate packing slips and you want separate receipts for each item. It's gonna take a while. Finally I get through your return, and you buy some more shoes. You come back because a pair did not take Cartwheel. I fix that for you, and you tell me to scratch off the old item (we highlight every return made anyways) which I already did. Then you say to staple them together in a way that both receipts are visible, otherwise we (our GS team) won't know what we're doing. Ma'am, our job has us looking at receipts all day, we'll be able to tell exactly what's going on when we see one. Just leave.

Anyone remember this guest? Well SHE RETURNED!!! This time I was the only one behind the counter and helping her with her returns. Of course she has several packing slips and wants them all done individually. Of course I still don't know how to do my job well enough to know to highlight all returned items and staple my receipts together. And of course she wants to know the refund for each individual item. Not the store price, how much she actually paid with her Redcard discounts figured in. I told her I couldn't do it because Redcard savings are figured out similar to how tax is, it's done at the end. She also tells me that she hates doing returns with us because we cannot look up card information even though Kohl's can. Apparently she's returning items for her daughter because her daughter doesn't want to do it herself, and she keeps threatening to tell her she's not going to do it anymore but her daughter doesn't listen. She tells my GSA that we were using the stapler when he grabbed it to staple another guest's receipts together. I tell her he'll give it back once he's done, he just needs it for a hot minute. She has one item that's not on the packing slips and I tell her I can only return it through her license. Of course it makes me do an exchange instead. She tells me my hair is covering up my name tag, even though she states my name. Obviously not well enough if you can read it. Please leave and never come back, you're a terrible person to do returns with.

TTOG: Remember, delivery. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Between your actual words to me and how the conversation you were having on speakerphone went I can tell that you are simply a brusque person but damn it felt like you were barking orders at me. The second your back was turned I ran simply because I couldn't deal with how you went about asking for information.

. Apparently she's returning items for her daughter because her daughter doesn't want to do it herself, and she keeps threatening to tell her she's not going to do it anymore but her daughter doesn't listen.

Hmm, wonder where her daughter learned that ā€œdoesnā€™t listenā€ thing from...šŸ™„šŸ˜‚

TTO"G": I don't mean to be rude, but I'm going to go out on a limb, here, and say that your small business venture and business coach might perhaps not be quite so great if it requires you to hustle random strangers in Target stores to get in on...whatever it is. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Now GTFO.

TTOG: Even though the seasonal area is in transition, & after trying to search for your holiday gift wrap, and then offered to look at our regular gift wrap aisle, you proceeded to throw a tantrum afterwards, because it's not out yet...Happy holidays to you too. šŸ˜”
She would probably throw a tantrum that you said ā€œHappy Holidaysā€ and not ā€œMerry Christmasā€

TTOG:
I'm the only GS person tonight.
There are 2 people behind you.
I need to know how you want your refund since you said you didn't know if you had the card or it was a Visa gift card.
Please don't answer your phone.
Oh hell, you answered it.
Yup, go ahead, have a 4-minute conversation about what you're gonna wear to your son's football game tomorrow; I'll wait.
Oh, now there's 5 guests in line.
"Additional cashiers to Guest Services."
Oh right no one's trained in this.
Oh, you're not sure what time you're getting to the game? You think it might rain?

Oh right you remembered you're here in front of me. You want it all on a gift card. Sure.
Oh you're pretty sure you have one in your gigantic purse full of shit. Sure, I'll wait.
7 guests in line now.
Oh you couldn't find it. You'll just take cash?

Fine. Bitch.

TTOG:
I need to know how you want your refund since you said you didn't know if you had the card or it was a Visa gift card.
Yup, go ahead, have a 4-minute conversation about what you're gonna wear to your son's football game tomorrow; I'll wait.
Oh, you're not sure what time you're getting to the game? You think it might rain?

Oh right you remembered you're here in front of me. You want it all on a gift card. Sure.
Oh you're pretty sure you have one in your gigantic purse full of shit. Sure, I'll wait.
7 guests in line now.

Fine. Bitch.

Sheesh. Pretty much here as well. I always feel bad when I go pick up reshop at GS when it's full of guests in line. And they give me the stare that I can't help them...šŸ˜“

I'd help, but training is pretty much "non-existent" around here. And hours....well, yeah.

TTOG:

7 guests in line now.

Fine. Bitch.
Thatā€™s when I wouldā€™ve said ā€œmaā€™am I would love to help you but there are guests behind you. Iā€™ll be happy to help you when youā€™re ready, but until then, Iā€™m going to help other guestsā€

Sheesh. Pretty much here as well. I always feel bad when I go pick up reshop at GS when it's full of guests in line. And they give me the stare that I can't help them...šŸ˜“

I'd help, but training is pretty much "non-existent" around here. And hours....well, yeah.
I ended up giving myself a crash course in GS by stepping up to the counter when it was busy and no help was coming and the GSTM guided me through the process. Simple returns/exchanges are really easy to process, just wait for help when shit gets complicated. That's how I learned pretty much everything while I was there, just faking it until you make it!

TTOG: I'm new to how Target operates now, since it's been awhile since I've worked here...I hate how it operates now, just FYI, this End to End crap is awful and NO ONE in my store does reshops in the morning other than me, and no one bothers to sort anything in the reshop carts before tossing them into an aisle for me to deal with...and it was my first time doing this certain thing, and every guest I had was very lovely and patient with me...almost had a hiccup with one, since I apparently pressed a wrong button and had to call someone over to teach me to do what I'd been trying to do...so thank you all. Now if only the other TMs and the TLs were the same...

Thatā€™s when I wouldā€™ve said ā€œmaā€™am I would love to help you but there are guests behind you. Iā€™ll be happy to help you when youā€™re ready, but until then, Iā€™m going to help other guestsā€
Iā€™ve been known to say ā€œjust let me know when youā€™re readyā€ and then step to the register to the right (or left) and say ā€œnext guest!ā€

TTOG: If you can seriously stand there and say that you have visited several stores looking for a particular type of shirt and haven't found it yet, then maybe you need to reconsider what is "acceptable" and "not acceptable".

Older woman, not pregnant, she was all belly. When she touched her stomach while explaining why buying shirts is hard I seriously wondered if she has a massive tumor because she looked like she had a basketball under her shirt, it was that defined and large a lump. She had on jeans with a nice embroidery of roses, pink and a darker pink with a bit of brown in the tint, and she wanted a shirt that matched one of those colors. No shirt was right. She didn't want button down, because button down fits all wrong around the stomach. She didn't want a sweater weight weave because she would be too warm. She didn't want one shirt in WF because the neck was too low. She didn't want another shirt in WF because it wasn't long enough. She didn't want any of the shirts I found in Ava & Viv because of not liking the fabric, not her style, just didn't strike her fancy, even when I told her that the X shirt would give more room in the stomach than an XL in the other brands while fitting about the same in the shoulders. She tried on a plain long sleeve tee from AND and it was too tight for her stomach, which she predicted before she went in. She wouldn't even look at the WWW shirts. I found in our teeny Knox Rose section a shirt that was the answer to all her complaints - both colors, loose around the stomach, long sleeve, thin enough to not be hot, modest neckline - and she said "I'm an old woman, that youthful style would look ridiculous on me." Knox Rose, youthful???? She had just remarked that another Knox Rose shirt that was the wrong size but cut similarly was pretty.

Back