To That One Guest - II

TTOG: Yes, I know you which cup you were looking for & it's still weeks before Christmas but it was VERY popular & sold out quickly.
No, we can't order any more & yes, it undoubtedly ruined your daughter's Christmas but I am NOT calling every other store to find one; I am busy helping guests who are shopping in MY store here & now.
I'm funny that way.

TTOG: No, that stroller wasn’t opened and taped shut. No, we don’t take returned open merchandise and put duct tape over it and resell it. That’s just the manufacturer’s messy way of packing it. Sure, I can go to the backroom and bring out another one. Oh, you’re going to take the one that was on the floor anyway? Thanks for wasting several minutes of my time.

Wait. What? Duct tape???
Not duct tape, my bad. Clear shipping tape. It wasn’t the cleanest looking packaging, so I guess I understand the guest wanting to look at another one. But he was accusing us of taking an opened item and taping it shut.

TTOG (during my 8 hours of cashiering on Sunday that drained my soul):

I am sorry we didn't get the coupon for $20 off baby items because you didn't tell me until AFTER I had finished the transaction. You have 3 options: take the diapers and leave; wait for my supervisor to come over so I can give you the refund; or let me return them. Yelling at me about how your baby needs to go home RIGHT NOW and you "don't have time for this" will not make the GSTL come faster or fix any problems. You can take the stuff and go. Oh, here's the GSTL. Please stop yelling at us.

"You give $5.00 gift cards for price discrepancies right?"

... You're changing your price by $0.20 cents. No you're not getting a gift card GTFO
My ETL Log said this was some scam going around.

In some states retailers are required to give a "bounty" when there are price discrepancies. Sounds like you have a scammer that heard about it in one state and is trying to trick you into doing the same.

TTOG (during my 8 hours of cashiering on Sunday that drained my soul):

I am sorry we didn't get the coupon for $20 off baby items because you didn't tell me until AFTER I had finished the transaction. You have 3 options: take the diapers and leave; wait for my supervisor to come over so I can give you the refund; or let me return them. Yelling at me about how your baby needs to go home RIGHT NOW and you "don't have time for this" will not make the GSTL come faster or fix any problems. You can take the stuff and go. Oh, here's the GSTL. Please stop yelling at us.
Funny how the people that always “don’t have time for this” are always the ones that will hold up the line or make a big stink about something small. If you truly were too busy then you would have just left lol

ToThatOneGuest: Target.com said we had limited stock, so you came assuming that we had it in stock anyway? I’m sorry I couldn’t make that baby doll appear out of nowhere. I know this is guest service, but I can’t make magic happen as much as you’d like to believe I can.

Also, no I will not take a look in the backroom to be sure. There is no location and it is 10:45. We close in 15 minutes and I have six carts of reshop and defectives to sort. I cannot assist you any further and I have stuff to do.

Oh, you want my name? Here you go and make sure when you complain you specifically mention I was not willing to search through two floors of a backroom for something we do not have for you. We could all use a good laugh when that myGuest comment comes in.

I had one of those "Search in the back. Last time the guy also said you didn't have it but he looked in the back and found it." I flat out said that there was no back room location and therefore there was no place that could be searched for it. She wasn't happy but she shut up. If she had pushed, I'd have said the back room ran the entire length of the building plus a few dozen feet deep and it would take days when the computer flat out said there was no location at all.

Funny how the people that always “don’t have time for this” are always the ones that will hold up the line or make a big stink about something small. If you truly were too busy then you would have just left lol

EXACTLY THIS. The hilarious thing was, this lady had two other adults with her and the kid was with one of them. Didn't seem too upset to me...sigh.

TTOG: I told you the bike was too big for the kid. You bought it anyway because you wanted one already assembled, instead of one the kid could actually ride. Yes the kids parents could buy training wheels and put them on. Great job being generous jerks.

TTOG: I told you the bike was too big for the kid. You bought it anyway because you wanted one already assembled, instead of one the kid could actually ride. Yes the kids parents could buy training wheels and put them on. Great job being generous jerks.
Training wheels won't change that their foot will get tangled up every time they try to get off the bike because the bar is higher than a person can lift their foot sideways and they fall a lot.

Edit: Which will not be a lot of fun when they have to stop and try to stay upright because a car is moving in the parking lot.

TTOG: I’m clearly not working. I’m not in red and khaki. I have no equipment. I’m shopping. My cart is not a reshop cart for you to look into and pull something out of while I’m scanning something for freaking Cartwheel.

“Excuse me, that’s mine.”
I want to buy it.
“So do I. That’s why it’s in MY cart”
You work here though.
“Yes, I do. But not today. I’m shopping.”
Oh. I thought you were putting this stuff out.
WTF.

TTOG: Did you really think I didn’t notice all of the other items you didn’t scan in your cart below the Gerber baby foods, which were the only items you scanned? You were already sketchy to put the bags immediately in your cart and only scan the items inside the cart with a hand scanner without removing them to the bagging station.

“Oho, I’m sorry! I didn’t notice that.”

(Yeah well I noticed that) Are you going to be getting those sketch books and colored pencils at the very bottom?

“Oh man, I just toss a lot of stuff in here without realzing it.”

I know what you’re doing, asshole. It’s very telling when you returned the $26.99 red sweater and $34.99 red swimsuit. I couldn’t care less your baby was sitting in the cart, you’re not getting away with stealing over $70.00 worth of merchandises. Have fun dealing with AP next time you try doing self-checkout and pulling that shit again.

TTOG: I’m clearly not working. I’m not in red and khaki. I have no equipment. I’m shopping. My cart is not a reshop cart for you to look into and pull something out of while I’m scanning something for freaking Cartwheel.

I want to buy it.
You work here though.
WTF.
I had that once. I was wearing a green shirt and dark pants and some guy walked up and asked for help. Seriously, how do you interpret green as on the clock?

*phone rings, I answer*
Guest: “hi I bought something a couple days ago and now it’s on sale, can I get an adjustment?”
Me: “of course, did you have your receipt?”
Guest: “yes I do”
Me: “perfect, come in whenever you can as long as the sale is still going on with your receipt, you don’t have to bring the item and we’ll just adjust that for you”
Guest: “I have to come in?”
Me: “uhh yes?”
Guest: “you can’t do it over the phone?”
Me: “no I can’t do a transaction over the phone.”
Guest: *sigh* “fine”

*phone rings, I answer*
Guest: “hi I bought something a couple days ago and now it’s on sale, can I get an adjustment?”
Me: “of course, did you have your receipt?”
Guest: “yes I do”
Me: “perfect, come in whenever you can as long as the sale is still going on with your receipt, you don’t have to bring the item and we’ll just adjust that for you”
Guest: “I have to come in?”
Me: “uhh yes?”
Guest: “you can’t do it over the phone?”
Me: “no I can’t do a transaction over the phone.”
Guest: *sigh* “fine”

big ol' LE SIGH

People make me laugh when they do that.

I want to buy it.
You work here though.
WTF.

I love the opposite, when they dump the reshop out of my cart into the towels in middle, and I come back from answering a call/backing up/break/whatever, and my cart is gone...

OR when they try to take a 3 tier.

Lol at the guest today who said she wanted $70 worth of photos free. Apparently they were good enough quality to keep but bad enough quality to want them free. Lol nope. She said “you all always do it for me” like lady you just incriminated yourself right there, we’re not gonna let you walk out with free products anymore. She banks on the whole “oh well if you’re gonna just throw them out...”

She huffed out when she couldn’t get them free.

Lol at the guest today who said she wanted $70 worth of photos free. Apparently they were good enough quality to keep but bad enough quality to want them free. Lol nope. She said “you all always do it for me” like lady you just incriminated yourself right there, we’re not gonna let you walk out with free products anymore. She banks on the whole “oh well if you’re gonna just throw them out...”

She huffed out when she couldn’t get them free.
We had a regular that did this. She’d order a bunch ask to see them first and then claim only ten were good quality, but she’d order well over 100 every time. She’d mix them all back together, so it was too much of a hassle to pull the good ones back out.

Anyway, I assisted her back when I first started at guest service. I helped her order on the kiosk. My GSTL at the time rang her up because he knew her game and she didn’t want to pay for 90% of them. She went off on me about how I was clueless, no help, and everything was my fault. I have honestly never seen that GSTL get so mad. He told her it was a “self service kiosk” and any help I gave her was just to be nice. Told her never to disrespect me ever again. It was so strange to me, but also amazing. I have not seen her since then though! I forgot all about this story until just now. I miss that GSTL.

TTOG: You didn't have to be snotty about the price labels being missing on an area I just set...geez, give a body time to finish the POG...so sorry the TM practically next to you was able to whip out a zebra and tell you the price immediately because all you cared about was the fact that OMG you HAD to ask. -_-

TTOG: Don't just toss a gift card at me without saying a word, assuming I'll know exactly what you want. You handed me a previously scratched gift card and said "25 on that."

So me, thinking that you wanted to reload it, put $25 on it. You never said anything about paying with it, even after I asked. :rolleyes:Thankfully, your wife noticed something was off and I was able to correct the error before completing the transaction.

Communication is key people. Say what you want *clearly*. We aren't mind readers and there's a lot of noise this time of year, so we can't always hear.

Back