To That One Guest - II

TTOG: use your eyeballs please. When the SCO screen says “a team member is coming to check your ID” that means a team member (me) is gonna check your ID. So annoying when I see them just staring at the screen and then i go over and log in and then they’re just standing there. And I’m like uh can I see your ID. And they’re like “what? My ID? UGH” and they make a huge dramatic show about pulling out their wallet and getting their ID. Like if you are literally reading that I am coming to check your ID then have it out and ready!!!!
Or when they look at the screen that says a ™ is coming to help and ignore it and attempt to continue scanning

Or when they look at the screen that says a ™ is coming to help and ignore it and attempt to continue scanning
Or when you log in to put in their date of birth and they try to keep scanning.
“You can’t scan anything until I put in your birthdate. Can I please see your ID?”
“What? Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve been carded?”
I.DONT.CARE.

I had one dude tell me we are "f---ing Nazis" and to go F myself because he was buying cold medicine and it prompted for an ID for the kind he bought.
I told him I was not willing to get fired for his inconvenience and he left all his cart full of groceries and stuff here (he was done. That was the last item he scanned lol).

I'm like, "thanks for shopping with us, sir" with a huge smile :D:D as he continues mouthing off towards the door. Lol. Bye.

I had one dude tell me we are "f---ing Nazis" and to go F myself because he was buying cold medicine and it prompted for an ID for the kind he bought.
I told him I was not willing to get fired for his inconvenience and he left all his cart full of groceries and stuff here (he was done. That was the last item he scanned lol).

I'm like, "thanks for shopping with us, sir" with a huge smile :D:D as he continues mouthing off towards the door. Lol. Bye.
This is Guestese for "I forgot my ID", "I don't have an ID", and/or "I'm too young to buy this."

TTOG: use your eyeballs please. When the SCO screen says “a team member is coming to check your ID” that means a team member (me) is gonna check your ID. So annoying when I see them just staring at the screen and then i go over and log in and then they’re just standing there. And I’m like uh can I see your ID. And they’re like “what? My ID? UGH” and they make a huge dramatic show about pulling out their wallet and getting their ID. Like if you are literally reading that I am coming to check your ID then have it out and ready!!!!
My favorite is when the blinker goes off telling them I'm coming, yet they still try to scan their stuff. I'm always like: "Excuse me, I can get you out of that screen so you can continue." and they look at me and are like *blink blink* "Wuuuuut?"

My favorite is when the blinker goes off telling them I'm coming, yet they still try to scan their stuff. I'm always like: "Excuse me, I can get you out of that screen so you can continue." and they look at me and are like *blink blink* "Wuuuuut?"

But it's more fun to let then keep scanning!

Policies aren't a suggestion they are the rules and you can’t get in trouble for following them. Bending them and allowing exceptions is how guest entitlement gets out of control. If the guest realizes they will only get away with what store policy allows you have less problems at guest service in the long run especially with repeat guests.

the overarching policy at Target, including guest services, is “make it right”

if i get called over to guest service and hear that one of my team members denied something as simple as an old receipt, i’m not gonna be happy.

if i get called over to guest service and hear that one of my team members denied something as simple as an old receipt, i’m not gonna be happy.
By deny in that example do you mean not offer refund on original payment or not offer no receipt return. If it’s the latter, I agree 100%. The former would be insane.

TTOG: No, we don't sell anything (that I know of) that will keep baby bottles warm for several hours. I'm not sure that anyone does, because I'm pretty sure that would be a REALLY BAD IDEA. In addition to providing an excellent nutrient-rich growth medium for bacteria the fats & proteins and stuff would probably break down and separate and turn really gross after a bit.

TTOG: No, we don't sell anything (that I know of) that will keep baby bottles warm for several hours. I'm not sure that anyone does, because I'm pretty sure that would be a REALLY BAD IDEA. In addition to providing an excellent nutrient-rich growth medium for bacteria the fats & proteins and stuff would probably break down and separate and turn really gross after a bit.
🤢

Target should change their policies officially to be more “make it right” friendly if that’s their view on guest services. I feel it’s unprofessional and discriminatory to change policies for some people and not all, and if you ignore the rules for everyone then what’s the point in having them in the first place?
All the money Target loses from people at checkout who “swear” the price was a bit less on the shelf, and it’s just given to them with no one checking because we want to “make it right” would probably be enough to cover the payroll to get full time hours for half the TMs. It’s absurd.

Last edited:
Target should change their policies officially to be more “make it right” friendly if that’s their view on guest services. I feel it’s unprofessional and discriminatory to change policies for some people and not all, and if you ignore the rules for everyone then what’s the point in having them in the first place?
All the money Target loses from people at checkout who “swear” the price was a bit less on the shelf, and it’s just given to them with no one checking because we want to “make it right” would probably be enough to cover the payroll to get full time hours for half the TMs. It’s absurd.

i don’t really care. i just work here. in a store. not at HQ.

TTOG: The toy you had was street dated, which means we can't sell it until the street date. I dont know who made the mistake of putting it on the floor, but as soon as we realized it was street dated, we alerted the right people and made sure it got taken off the floor. You then called both my GSTL and I rude because we told you we couldn't sell you the item. 🙄

If only you could've heard how rude *you* sounded to us. 🙄🙄🙄 Not sorry you left pissed, there was nothing we could do, we were just doing our jobs.

PS: You won't have any luck at another Target if it's street dated merch, so telling your kid "We can go to another Target, since these people won't let us have your toy." isn't going to help at all.

this was the hottest toy last christmas.....

View attachment 7920

That was hot at your store? Really? We got a shit load of them and sold almost none. After Christmas, we had a clearance focal with nothing but those things piled up on it. They still didn't sell. I assume they all eventually got sent to salvage because they FINALLY disappeared one day in early February.

That was the the complete dud of Q4 at my store.

TTOG: it’s great that you worked in the military. Thank you for your service. That doesn’t give you the right to scam us. You hit your no receipt limit. Stop trying to get around it.

Are you sure he was scamming the company? Idk how he was using his military service as a scam either. Not every guest that walks into Target is a scammer.

Are you sure he was scamming the company? Idk how he was using his military service as a scam either. Not every guest that walks into Target is a scammer.
Her, actually. after I typed in the id number on the military card, it came up that she hit her limit. She then accused me of mistyping it and proceeded to read me not one but two different ID numbers that weren’t on the card to get around the limit.

Last edited:
Back