To That One Guest - II

No reason to wait. They're already doing it. We're getting it from guests in store and from guests calling in/going to the desk about OPU INFs. It's ugly. We're a very strict in following corporate's direction of no audits by TMs store normally. But, our OPU volume doubled this weekend from last and there's tons of stuff the website says we have that the DC never sent us (happens every season). SD gave me blanket permission to audit out anything in seasonal I think should be because "No, Karen, we don't have the fucking teal pumpkin baskets and never have. No one in this store has even seen one of them in person. And, we also don't have that one type of ghoul prop that you want. We have plenty of every other size of ghoul, but you keep ordering the one size we don't have. Order a different fucking size!"

Been a fun weekend is all I'm saying. The next week and a half should be banging.
Ever since I started answering calls for seasonal with "Target Seasonal department, we're sold out of the ghoulish garden succulents and won't be receiving any more this year, can I help you find something?", over half of the callers just hang up or say "...oh, nevermind." and hang up.

Ever since I started answering calls for seasonal with "Target Seasonal department, we're sold out of the ghoulish garden succulents and won't be receiving any more this year, can I help you find something?", over half of the callers just hang up or say "...oh, nevermind." and hang up.
Lol!

I was really excited when I saw them on the website, but turned out I didn't really like them - kind of cheap-looking IMO. I passed. I did buy the light-up skeleton and orange and black spider, they are pretty cool.

TTOG: You are rude, you are mean, you are demanding, you don't listen. You won't download the Target app or sign up for Circle in any way but you demand to get the discounts even retro-actively. Just seeing you walk into the store raises my blood pressure. Other team members have asked AP if you could be banned. Apparently you are being watched but haven't quite crossed that line.

TTOG: If you come up to Guest Service demanding I change the price of a clearly Online Only item to whatever you say "someone [you] talked to and don't remember their name" and then start rattling off things like "in the Price Change app" and "in myWork," as convincing context to get me to do what you want, I'm gonna shut you down.

I asked you if you were a Team Member at another store and you said no. Then you have even less business than you had before walking to the counter telling me how to operate my register or my myDevice. I don't take instructions from anyone on how to run my transactions.

I told you I don't discuss operations when you asked me where I can change the price and you asked for the manager. Lmao okay that's cool because I was gonna call them or AP anyway because you are seriously suspicious.

ETL told you the same thing (TTOETL, thanks for backing me up) and you left mad. Lol! Bye Felicia.

To that one guest: Are you trying to draw attention to yourself? No need to curse out AP (in a very loud manner may I add) when they asked to check your receipt. As far as I know, that's been standard operating procedure at most retail stores (Walmart, Costco etc.). Now I don't have the complete context since I was with a back-up cashier, but I really can't believe that AP did anything out of line to you to cause your reaction.

I really don’t understand why people take it soooooo personal and offensive when asked to show their receipt. If you’re mad that you’re being “””accused””” of something, then prove that person wrong and show them your receipt! Otherwise you’re just making yourself look more guilty!

I really don’t understand why people take it soooooo personal and offensive when asked to show their receipt. If you’re mad that you’re being “””accused””” of something, then prove that person wrong and show them your receipt! Otherwise you’re just making yourself look more guilty!
This and also when they ask to see receipt no ones accusing anyone of anything so idk what the big deal is*

*unless you’re only asking people based their physical appearance/characteristics, of course

This and also when they ask to see receipt no ones accusing anyone of anything so idk what the big deal is*

*unless you’re only asking people based their physical appearance/characteristics, of course
Yep, completely agree. I think the ETL-AP eventually had to step in and calm the guest down. AP's just doing their jobs trying to stop shortage and other scams, if you paid for everything, just show them your receipt and you can go on with your day.

90% chance the guest was an ass, a thief, or both.

10% chance of it being similar to a WalMart I heard of, where they were trying for bag checking everyone, but a black woman walking separate from her white husband noticed she was bag checked when she had cheap items and he was not despite having an expensive item sticking out of the bag. Racial profiling? Who knows, but it did look suspect.

90% chance the guest was an ass, a thief, or both.

10% chance of it being similar to a WalMart I heard of, where they were trying for bag checking everyone, but a black woman walking separate from her white husband noticed she was bag checked when she had cheap items and he was not despite having an expensive item sticking out of the bag. Racial profiling? Who knows, but it did look suspect.
Yes, that is a slippery slope. You better be asking EVERY guest, asking every guest with expensive items like electronics, or be 100% sure a guest stole something before you ask for a receipt, otherwise it looks very bad.

What would happen if you checked out a bag of stuff at SCO, stuffed all items in your nice red reusable Target shopping bag . Nothing high dollar, who would know anyway? and you of course paid for everything, and took the receipt. You're exiting the store and a starchy looking young buck AP guy abruptly says "can I see your receipt please?" (odds are he won't say MAY). You look the young buck square in the eye and say NO and keep walking.

My guess is they'd seriously think about trespassing you, if they are pretty sure you stole but do not have proof. If they do have proof, they would do a citizens arrest or whatever the Target term is until the police come. If it was routine, they'd mentally grumble about it but move on to the next guest.

Could have some fun with that situation. Just go with the AP turkeys, let them get all huffed up and simply wait for the police to come. Cops come, you open your nice red Target shopping bag and show them your shaving cream, a bag of M&M's and your container of Market Pantry French Vanilla ice cream then pull the receipt out of your pocket! "OK asshole, what's your next move?" Ask to see the store manager then say, quietly, "false arrest, lawsuit."

Back