To That One Guest - II

TTOG1: No, we really do not sell DKNY. And I can promise you that Walmart doesn't either. So despite your claims that you only ever shop at red or blue, you can go kiss off because I am not going to attempt this return.

TTOG2: This isn't the orange store down the street. We don't sell thermostats.

And why oh why oh why do all of these WIC recipients wait until the very last hour we're open on the very last day of their vouchers to come in and redeem an entire month's worth of slips? The purpose of them being broken up the way they are is so you are getting food - especially dairy!!! - every week, not stocking up or reselling. Who the heck has room to store or the ability to drink eight gallons of milk in a week??? (answer, teenagers, but they aren't eligible for WIC)

Not according to the MD. When the guy insisted he'd bought them at my store in the past, I looked for them. And I found some, but no locations on any. The ones I did tap further into said "online and other stores". Eventually I just pointed him in the general direction of the furnace filters and said that if we have them, they would be in that region.

A story told in Post-It (from reddit)

wqg1y3u965t31.jpg

LOL just saw that a few minutes ago. I agree with the poster who said we really should not be selling these. There's obviously some kind of quality control problem going on here.

TTOG: If you were a manager at Target for 10 years, you would know our policies about giftcards. We won’t honor it because it’s false advertising, it’s because you don’t know how to read.

TTOG: If you were a manager at Target for 10 years, you would know our policies about giftcards. We won’t honor it because it’s false advertising, it’s because you don’t know how to read.
Honestly these kinds of people piss me off. I had a guest that was a former TM (posted about them a few pages back) that wanted the additional 5% but of course didn't have a smartphone (🙄) and she absolutely flipped and asked me why I was "punishing" her because she didn't have a phone and wouldn't just give it to her. She then pulled the "I'm a former TM, I worked at Target for 12 years..."

Yeah OK great, but I'm still not giving you the extra 5.

I was off the clock, on my way home, in a car trying to leave the parking lot.
You were on your phone, in the middle of road, next to but not on the curb in front of the entrance to the Target store.
You were checking your phone, in the middle of the road next to but not on the curb in front of the entrance to the Target store.
Traffic came to a stop for you, and you seemed to feel justifed in giving it the stink face when you finally did move, child in tow.
😳

TTOG: I have worked for Target for 8 years. This is the "best" question a guest has ever asked. Does Target sell Halloween costumes? I could barely reply, lol.

How 'bout this one! Several years ago before Christmas while in market doing the P Fresh push some 60 year old male piece of trash was looking for that summer sausage stuff we had on the Christmas endcaps. You know the product, sausages, other edible gift type of things. We were sold out, I walked him over to another end cap, yup, all gone. I mentioned that we get trucks for food 3 x per week and will likely have it on the next delivery and that he can call and ask or get there when the store opens. He got all fired up and called my P Fresh folks assholes. AP boys got rid of him really fast.

I'm waiting for Halloween night when the annual flock of Karens are standing all around the Halloween aisles loudly proclaiming "Is this ALL you have?!"

No reason to wait. They're already doing it. We're getting it from guests in store and from guests calling in/going to the desk about OPU INFs. It's ugly. We're a very strict in following corporate's direction of no audits by TMs store normally. But, our OPU volume doubled this weekend from last and there's tons of stuff the website says we have that the DC never sent us (happens every season). SD gave me blanket permission to audit out anything in seasonal I think should be because "No, Karen, we don't have the fucking teal pumpkin baskets and never have. No one in this store has even seen one of them in person. And, we also don't have that one type of ghoul prop that you want. We have plenty of every other size of ghoul, but you keep ordering the one size we don't have. Order a different fucking size!"

Been a fun weekend is all I'm saying. The next week and a half should be banging.

Guest credit card terminal shenanigans I hate:
  1. "Do you want to sign up for Target Cir--" ("fuck off!!" or other unfriendly equivalent) "Okay just press no thanks on the screen." (taps on it) ... 2.3 second delay for prompt to disappear ... STARTS TAPPING HARDER!!! GRABS STYLUS AND STABS SCREEN VIOLENTLY!!!!!! KEEPS PUSHING DOWN ON NO THANKS BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. "Your total is $XXX.YY" (inserts chip) [quack-quack-quack fuck your card sounds] (slides mag stripe) [quack-quack-quack fuck you sounds and "no, idiot, insert the chip again" instruction] "Sir, you gotta let the chip fail three t--" (ignores you, slides again) [more quack-quack-quack sounds] ("why isn't it working??? Can you slide it over there with you?") "ma'am if you would please, follow the on screen instructions..."
  3. (grabs stylus off holder for no fucking reason where it's lying down and not stuck in like a pen in an ink jar since the stylus only really gets used during RedCard applications for the signature and literally never else since we don't require signature on credit cards) ... (realizes stylus is unnecessary) ... (lays it on the check writing platform because fuck you, cashier) or worse in my opinion (sticks it into holder but in the upright ink-jar position) — I will passively aggressively take the stylus and put it back like I had it after a long sigh
  4. (uses stylus TO PRESS DOWN ON THE NUMERIC KEY PAD I guess out of "sanitary" concern???????? but joke is on you because odds are the stylus was in a baby's mouth bc parents insist on sitting their crotchgobblins on my check writing platform!!!!!!!!!) also this has broken some of my styluses so STOP!!!!
  5. "Your total is $XXX.YY" ... (spins pedestal around so I can't see your PIN while also looking at my $13/hr. broke charity case servant face with disdain and disgust but joke is on you bc without your physical card your PIN is literally useless to me bc due to PCI compliance, only your ZIP + CVV code can be used for purchases without the physical card, Karen, so even if you published your PIN online for the world to see, it's useless)
  6. (looks at the accepted forms of payment tiles that look like buttons but aren't buttons, only information telling you the ways you can use this terminal to pay) ... (stupidly tries tapping the tiles and are astounded that no response is being given to your useless tapping) ... "Those aren't buttons." ... ... ... ("Oh.")

Back