To That One Guest - II

Speaking of Kohls, anyone else having guests bringing things they purchased on Amazon and trying to return it to Target? We had one today and it threw me for such a loop because we're not Kohls and we don't accept Amazon returns and sorry ma'am but you'll have to go to Kohls down the street to do that...

Yo lady, fuck you for getting mad we won't be open on Christmas.

And also a fuck you to those Shipt people who want you to point out where everything is for their orders. I already have a ton of OPUs to pull, can't also do your paid job for you at the same time.
Those Shipt people are the worst. Like, you’re getting paid by Shipt to shop. I get if you need help finding one or two things, but I will not shop for you.

TTOG: You need to breathe and calm down. I get it. It's Christmas Eve and tensions are high. Everyone's at their wit's end. But, when you're freaking out because we don't have anymore Dr. Pepper Jelly Bellys, it's time to take a step back and reevaluate your life. Yes, I understand from your complete lack of a cart or handbasket that they are the one thing you came into the store to get and the website says we have them. You, however, were harassing a guy who was just walking by on his way to grab some green beans for an online order. I can't make the candy magically appear. I wish I had that skill. My INFs would look a lot better this week if I did. But, alas, I don't. So chill the fuck out.

I don't understand it. They get paid to shop, surely they should have a better idea than normal guests of where things are at, yet they often seem worse.
And I’m pretty sure they’re given aisle numbers?? Also like maybe it’s just me but I feel like if I shopped in any store on even a semi regular basis I would know where to look for stuff lol

Like most gig economy workers, presumably they get paid more the more orders they get done, so if they can get our help to find items faster, that's better for them.

Which, I get, but we have our jobs to do, too, but thankfully we don't deal with that much at our store. Our Shipters are pretty good--they only ask for stuff they genuinely can't find. It's why I dread being stopped by them--they never ask for the easy stuff, they always ask about the stuff that's located in 5 places they've already checked and the system says we have 200 of but god only knows where...

OK, TTOG: Y'all are grown ass adults and it's *super* uncool of you to just leave your cart (full of stuff you don't want) in the middle of the self-checkout and just walk away like nothing happened. I get that it's Christmas Eve, but that's a really awful excuse. Not only are you making my job more difficult, but you're also making it difficult for other guests, by blocking their exits or the registers.

Please be responsible and put things away (or give them to me if you don't want them) when finished. Makes life so much easier for my co-workers and I.

Watched a guest that was standing in line lean over and put an entire frozen turkey on top of the soda cooler because he changed his mind. Like who tf impulse grabs an entire turkey and then is like “you know what, never mind” and then decides that that is the best thing to do with it

Dr. Pepper
And I’m pretty sure they’re given aisle numbers?? Also like maybe it’s just me but I feel like if I shopped in any store on even a semi regular basis I would know where to look for stuff lol
As a Shipt customer, I don't think they are given aisle numbers. There have been times where they told me something was out of stock because they were looking in a place that logic says it would be, but then I directed them to where it's normally stocked and they found it. The one that comes to mind is McCormick taco seasoning, the woman said they were out of stock because she was checking near the other taco seasonings, she didn't know it is stocked near the gravy and mashed potato flakes.

Partially eaten hot dogs shoved behind the Crest toothpaste. SBUX cups all over the place. Empty candy wrappers in the milk cooler. And my all time personal favorite was a giant poop right in the middle of the floor in the customer rest room. Mens. Cool!

Dr. Pepper

As a Shipt customer, I don't think they are given aisle numbers. There have been times where they told me something was out of stock because they were looking in a place that logic says it would be, but then I directed them to where it's normally stocked and they found it. The one that comes to mind is McCormick taco seasoning, the woman said they were out of stock because she was checking near the other taco seasonings, she didn't know it is stocked near the gravy and mashed potato flakes.
In which case, that’s not a problem to help them find that item.

However, when they regularly shop at my store and want us to find their entire 20 item order, that’s where I have an issue.

Apparently as soon as Christmas is done the nastiness returns - or it was just guests I had.

Guest was returning some stuff and the computer told me i could do like $3 in cash and $30 on debit or whatever - so I tell her this. She INSISTS on cash, and I keep telling her that no, the computer won't let me just give you cash. No, I can't override it. Even if I could, I'm not risking my job for you to get all cash. I call my GSA and she proceeds to tell the guest the same thing I did- you can't have cash. "I paid cash" no you did not, you told me and my GSA two minutes ago you paid debit, your receipt in front of me tells me you paid debit. You did not pay cash. So my GSA turns the computer around to show her we can only do the cash and debit.
"Oh, $3 cash and the rest back on my debit is fine, she (me) told me I could only get $3 back for the entire return." No, I literally never said that. "It's okay she didn't explain it to me well enough" yes, I did. I also am standing two feet away. You can talk to me like an adult and not talk down about me to my GSA who, by the way, was on my side.

Maybe I speak french and I just didn't know I did until today. Maybe that's it.

Back