To That One Guest - II

TTOG - I tried my best to not laugh out loud when your adult daughter called you out today while I was watching SCO. It went something like this:
Mom: Excuse me! Can you remove one of these? Someone scanned it twice.
Daughter: It was you mom. You scanned it twice.
Me (trying my best to just smile pleasantly): Let me fix that for you!

Guests who intentionally avoid checkup lanes with a real Guest Advocate, going straight to SCO, then call me over multiple times with price-match requests (only one of which is an eligible price match), plus one non-Target-brand clothing item with no tag or DCPI attached. Ugggghhhh!

Guests who intentionally avoid checkup lanes with a real Guest Advocate, going straight to SCO, then call me over multiple times with price-match requests (only one of which is an eligible price match), plus one non-Target-brand clothing item with no tag or DCPI attached. Ugggghhhh!
Suspend and send to GS. that’s what happens at my store

Suspend and send to GS. that’s what happens at my store
Frequently that's what I do. Sometimes it's hard to tell right away if we've got a high-maintenance guest at SCO.... and then we need to respond to issues at another SCO register, so it gets to be like a bad tennis match.

Frequently that's what I do. Sometimes it's hard to tell right away if we've got a high-maintenance guest at SCO.... and then we need to respond to issues at another SCO register, so it gets to be like a bad tennis match.
Sometimes guests will be like that to distract you from their ticket switching friend. Beware and be aware.

TTOG: I was *really really* hoping that when the "Are you ready to pay" bubble appeared on the screen, you would've been able to figure out what the next step in the process would be, but I was wrong. You stood there for ten minutes looking dumbfounded. Then when I came to push pay for you you said: "Why does it do that? What did I do wrong? How do I pay?"

I'm sorry, with some people I just can't. It really isn't that hard...

TTOG: I understand that you are disabled and have an EBT card and your magnetic strip on your card may not work. That doesn't mean that I can't ask you to try it at least once. Instead you gave me a big attitude about calling a supervisor if I don't know how to do it. You then proceeded to type in your number without getting out a card at all. I did go over to the SETL and ask, he kind of rolled his eyes and said for her let her do it. I guess you have made a big fuss more than once in the past and now feel that you don't have to present your EBT card. The SETL did come over and nonchalantly say that you really need to call and request a new card. You gave him an attitude that basically implied -mind your own business. Don't act like I am trying to discriminate against you.
That being said I can't find anywhere in Target help section stating that a person must have a physical card present if they are entering their card number in the card reader.

TTOG: I understand that you are disabled and have an EBT card and your magnetic strip on your card may not work. That doesn't mean that I can't ask you to try it at least once. Instead you gave me a big attitude about calling a supervisor if I don't know how to do it. You then proceeded to type in your number without getting out a card at all. I did go over to the SETL and ask, he kind of rolled his eyes and said for her let her do it. I guess you have made a big fuss more than once in the past and now feel that you don't have to present your EBT card. The SETL did come over and nonchalantly say that you really need to call and request a new card. You gave him an attitude that basically implied -mind your own business. Don't act like I am trying to discriminate against you.
That being said I can't find anywhere in Target help section stating that a person must have a physical card present if they are entering their card number in the card reader.
Guests should really not be entering card numbers in, especially if they’re not presenting the physical card, that’s a huge red flag. Next time say “oh we used to be able to do that, but they just updated the system and now we can’t. Swipe please!”
Or, more simply “for fraud prevention purposes, I do need you to attempt to swipe it at least once before keying it in.”

I'm a little surprised that your SETL was so chill about the situation. Especially if they've made a fuss in the past.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Kids in the neighborhood like to call my Target and prank call. They aren't even good at it. Today's call-

"I'm looking for something to wear to a wedding?"

You know you reached Grocery right?

"I'm looking for something to wear to a wedding"

Let me get you to softlines so they can help you

:::giggles::::hangs up::::

WTFT?????

We have caller ID.....

We aren't stupid....

Next time I'll just blind transfer your call to McDonald's

TTOG who tried to return 4 gross blankets without a receipt: sorry not sorry that POS decided they were items you can’t return without a receipt, and I absolutely wouldn’t override them. Also sorry not sorry that I refused to put them in bags for you so you “didn’t have to touch them again” and that I wouldn’t validate your parking. Bye.

I don’t know if anyone ever came across something like this. I guess you would have . Some guests ,mostly ladies , they’ve asked me to give them the cardboard boxes that I keep aside while pushing. Once a lady took almost 6-7 of them and all will give some lame reasons for that. I m not sure if it’s ok to give it to guests even though I let them have it . Is it really ok ?

I don’t know if anyone ever came across something like this. I guess you would have . Some guests ,mostly ladies , they’ve asked me to give them the cardboard boxes that I keep aside while pushing. Once a lady took almost 6-7 of them and all will give some lame reasons for that. I m not sure if it’s ok to give it to guests even though I let them have it . Is it really ok ?
AFAIK it's fine-- if GS has extras, we'll give them out (but not the ones big enough for salvage boxes!)

We would have people call and ask for boxes. Firm rule for my store was no boxes would be given out. Which led to a very entertaining discussion with a woman on the phone who was demanding to know why she couldn't get some boxes and then demanding to know what we did with our boxes. A demand I refused to answer since I knew the response would be "but surely you won't miss a few when you do that", and she got so mad when I refused to tell her what we did with our boxes. (As the LOD that night said after hearing about the call, they are Target property and it's none of her business what Target does with its own property.)

People wanting boxes are usually either packing to move or planning ahead/packing for long term storage. Another big use is for protecting a large area of floor during something creative and messy.

To one half of the couple walking across the parking lot towards the store as I was leaving tonight at five minutes to close (can't hit the five-hour mark!): Thank you for acknowledging that going into a store right before closing is super annoying. I heard her say to her companion "I can't believe we are being those kind of people!" I appreciate the self-awareness, lol.

TTOG: I swear to God if I see you guys in our store with that fucking drone again I'm calling AP to have you all trespassed out! Not only is the drone a hazard to other people shopping with how low you were flying it the noise it makes it maddening for people with sensory issues like I have. To make matters worse you all destroyed the tables in a section in style and tried to steal two mannequins. The only reason you weren't kicked out was because you were gone before an ETL could take care of the situation.

Invite 'em to take a ride in the baler.

Nah, the compactor. The baler is much cleaner.

"I can't believe we are being those kind of people!"

I hope that means it's a rare event. Everyone ends up being That Asshole at some point in their lives. If they were as fast as possible and apologized to the cashier, then it's all good.

ASANTS
At my store we let them know when we’re taking our next truck and that they are free to stop by and see if there are any of the floor that they can have. Basically just approach whoever is pushing and see if they can have any empties from them. If anyone does call we try and just put it out that someone might be stopping by, that way nobody is caught off guard by a rando asking for boxes.

Back