To That One Guest - II

TTOShipt shopper: I was trying to work a uboat (in grocery today, an unfamiliar area).
You kept asking me where items were & I was doing searches on my zebra because I DON'T NORMALLY WORK GROCERY!!!
You slowed me down & expected me to walk you to every area; when we didn't have something you acted as if it was my fault.
Bitch, I'm NOT doing your shopping for you & I hope your shop times are in the toilet. :mad:

😯 I talk to a lot of the Shipt shoppers at my store and their app tells them what aisle stuff is on. Must be a newbie who probably won’t last long.

Don't forget the shoppers. We want our stuff, and there's room for extensive notes. I've notated lots on how to find that hard-to-find item. The regulars are probably getting tired of my "they always put the freshest milk on the bottom shelf" and "the McCormick taco seasoning packet is not kept with the rest of the taco stuff, it is further down the aisle above the mashed potatoes".

This shopper is in our store a LOT; don't know why they haven't figured out where everything is by now :mad:

TTOP (To That One Person): Dear Shipt shopper. I really hope you don't shop for orders at our store often. You were beyond rude. You basically shoved your barcode in front of my face--while I was with another guest and insisted that I scan it for you because you claimed it wasn't working. Being that it was SCO, I told you that you were able to do it yourself. You tried it and it went to the checkout screen (Like it should)

You then threw another mini fit and said: "But it's already paid for: Scan it." So, I scanned it, nothing comes up. I closed the app and re-scanned the barcode. Still nothing. You then proceed to tell me (Once again) that it's already paid for, but then you look at your phone and add: "But it doesn't say prepaid..."

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Then it's *not* a prepaid order.

Now you were angry and said: "So what, I have to ring them and pay for them? But it's already paid for"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 ((Head voice)) Why yes lady, you do...
What I actually said, in a rather calm manner: "I don't think it is ma'am. I don't see a digital receipt and no orders are popping up when I scan your barcode."
Your reply as you started ringing: "K well, fine. I'm not doing this shit anymore. "

Please don't. You obviously don't know what you're doing. PS: Never come back. 🙄

Some people...

The barcodes for prepaid orders are skinnier (shorter?) than the regular Shipt barcodes. (Like 1/2 inch tall vs 1 inch tall.) Easy to tell if it’s actually a prepaid order based just on that. Also, if the tax doesn’t come off after they scan their barcode at SCO you can suspend the transaction and then bring it back up (on the same machine - no need to move) and the tax goes away.

This lady comes in with carts full of stuff....

So the easy stuff the cashier can do but then she pulls out receipts from 2019....

So they call for a leader

I come over to figure out what's going on...

50% of the stuff is not even carries at Target

Then the shit we do carry she bought in 2019...

Its been 2020 for at least 4 months now. Her receipt is clearly expired even with a red card.

So I explain we can't do her return...

She goes"why not you extended your returns"

Grabs sign IF you made a purchase during these dates in 2020.

But you can do a no receipt return and get lowest price

It didn't even give her a merchandise card...

She straight up had to do an exchange.

So she leaves all the stuff we said no to and the FSA picks it up for it to be returned the sales floor.

She comes back and is like where is my stuff?

I'm not paid to babysit your belongings

So I go find them

We do the exchange

I hate humanity slightly more..

I thought the extension was if it expired during the time we were not accepting exchanges, not if you bought when we were not accepting exchanges. If that is the case and bought in late December then without redcard expired late March and with redcard even mid December would be extended unless I misunderstand how the extension works. And that is even without the year for Target brand.

I thought the extension was if it expired during the time we were not accepting exchanges, not if you bought when we were not accepting exchanges. If that is the case and bought in late December then without redcard expired late March and with redcard even mid December would be extended unless I misunderstand how the extension works. And that is even without the year for Target brand.

She was NOT returning anything Target owned. .

TTOG: Yes, I was laughing at you.
You approached me wanting more than the set limits on cleaning supplies because you own a company. You want to keep your workers safe, I get it. But we have rules.
I called over a lead because you wouldn't let it go. Said lead made the decision to let you get a little extra for your company.
Said lead even took you to the registers to ring you up themselves so you wouldn't be stopped for the quantity.
So when I saw you come back a few minutes later with another cart trying to buy more cleaning products, I sure as hell laughed when I paged said lead to let them know what you were up to and they came storming back over to scold you for taking advantage of their sympathy.
Not sorry.

Today, I answer phone and hear :

”I need to know how much my order is before I come pick it up. If I tell you what I ordered can you add it up for me ?”

stupid me attempts assistance and guest says :
‘’a coloring book, a T-shirt, some dish soap .....”. No brands/no dpci’s”

nooooooooooooo. Why do I answer the phone !!!
I was TEMPTED to give her an amount and hang up.

”I need to know how much my order is before I come pick it up. If I tell you what I ordered can you add it up for me ?”

just say you can add it to target.com cart and total it there

just say you can add it to target.com cart and total it there
That’s what I ORIGINALLY tried to do but she had NO DPCI and couldn’t remember the brand/size of dish detergent etc. For the other things !
She wanted me to find the order that had those things in it !

oh, you mean tell her SHE can add it - ya, that’s how the call ended.

TTOG: I can sympathize with you about getting two packages of toilet paper, one for your household and one for your elderly mother who lives downstairs from you. Do you know how many sob stories we hear in a week, about TP, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, etc.? How about buying one large package and split it? After all, it's not like her home is across town from you, right?

She just walked away from me - not sure if she was miffed or thinking, "how dumb, why didn't I think of that?"

TTOG: You finished paying for your 6-7 items and you left your goddamn cart in my lane.
I told you, "hey, can you take your cart?"
Your ass was like, "my hands are full – I just can't."
Like... how tf are your hands full? You have two bags that weigh less than 2 pounds.

Fuck you.
Buuuuuuurrrrrnnnnnnn.

They need that Aldis thing with the 25 cent carts. Then people wouldn't leave them everywhere. I would of said, "There's 25 cents in it for ya... like Aldis!"

Lazy rebel scum.

Them: "Can you add it up for me?"

Me: "Yes!"

Also me: *click*

Oh, did they mean RIGHT NOW? My bad.

A quarter a cart Aldi style may help but the entitled over spent Karens probably wouldn't care and they'd leave a cart in the lot. Wow, did you see that? 25 mph cross wind and that cart just slammed into that over priced SUV! A "Karen on Karen" event suitable for framing.

The guest who literally carries zero cash ("penniless" in a literal sense), who only carries one payment card which is rejected. The guest doesn't comprehend that they have to contact the card issuer. I have to calm them down and emphasize, please call your card issuer. Sometimes they are dejected or even crying that they can't provide milk for their kids, cat food for their pet, etc.

The guest who only uses smartphone payment such as Samsung Pay, Apple Pay or Google Pay. Their phone payment doesn't work. They get angry, claiming our wi-fi is no good (works fine for everyone else!), claiming their own cell reception is bad in our building (first complaint I've heard today about that), ad nauseum. I ask if they have a physical payment card. They insist they never carry the physical card, and they never, ever carry cash. I shrug my shoulders and with perhaps a kind wink of a not-in-my-teen-years Gen-Xer, suggest they always keep a physical card with them as you cannot totally rely on those smartphone payment systems.

The "guest" (quote marks intended) who makes multiple attempts to get their payment card to work, inserting and swiping, without success, ultimately receiving the Target screen message that they have exceeded the number of attempts and will be denied. Repeat the process with another card, same result. LOD or AP aren't easily reached. We have a growing checkout line while the "guest" gets agitated. Guest has no cash either. I'm not supposed to assume that the cards are stolen and the accounts frozen due to fraud, so I don't say anything about this. Have to suggest to guest that I'll suspend their transaction, they need to call the card issuer and get things straightened out. They leave my area, pretend to make a phone call to somebody, then leave the store and never return.

The guest who only uses cash for payment. Nothing wrong with using cash, but their purchase with tax is $139.99 and they only have $138 in cash and no other method of payment. They have no ATM card to get money from the ATM. They spend three minutes holding up the line "debating" what item in their cart they can do without. A line forms behind the guest. Uggh!

The guest paying with cash but presenting a badly-mutilated $100 bill for buying a $1.39 pack of gum. The bill is obviously torn and cellophane-taped together. It's not clear if the two sides match. Mutilated currency needs to be brought to a bank, they are better at figuring out if this is a legitimate currency unit or if it's questionable. Guest purports to not understand. Arrrggghhh!

Last edited:
Back