To That One Guest - II

TTOG: Sometimes I have to wonder why some people (You) become parents. Your kid (Maybe about 4) peed themselves and as I was coming back from my last 15, I heard you scolding him.

"Next time you pee your pants I'm going to beat you're ass and embarrass you in front of everybody."

All right, I get that it's frustrating and embarrassing for you, but that's not how you talk to a kid. Accidents happen, don't threaten your kid over it.

TTOG: Sometimes I have to wonder why some people (You) become parents. Your kid (Maybe about 4) peed themselves and as I was coming back from my last 15, I heard you scolding him.

"Next time you pee your pants I'm going to beat you're ass and embarrass you in front of everybody."

All right, I get that it's frustrating and embarrassing for you, but that's not how you talk to a kid. Accidents happen, don't threaten your kid over it.

There are also the parents who ignore their child's multiple requests to go to the lavatory or the visual cues like the child holding their crotch and bouncing up and down. Then when the kid wets themselves, the parent goes ballistic on the kid when it is really the parent's fault.

Another topic. We were in a neighboring Target this afternoon for a few things. The store was shopped hard, lots of open shelf space. It wasn't very crowded. Everyone except a Karen and her two Karens-in-Training had masks. Kids were around 8-10 yrs old, Karen (very peppy, tanned, in good shape) was in her mid 30s. The medical bullshit wouldn't have flown. No need to argue this point. It was pure defiance. I very politely asked the front end GSTL or ETL if they enforced the policy. She was nervous answering me. I was calm, polite and intended to not do anything. I just wanted to know. She danced around the question, I backed off and we left. People have attacked, shot at, roughed up for asking. You never know what she was carrying in her Gucci bag.

There are also the parents who ignore their child's multiple requests to go to the lavatory or the visual cues like the child holding their crotch and bouncing up and down. Then when the kid wets themselves, the parent goes ballistic on the kid when it is really the parent's fault.
Called "The Peepee Dance" in my family.

Oh my fucking god, that was always a pain in the ass. And not just the elderly.

I personally put little blame on the person. The ads are very misleading. I've seen them pop up when I've been searching for products I know Target doesn't have, and they look exactly the same as the ads directing people to the places that actually have the item.

Rubbing alcohol is an ethanol derivative. Windex contains methanol. Methanol in large concentration will damage the optic nerve. If dummies use it as a disinfectant they're fools. Maybe they just like to clean windows? The average American is very strange.

Rubbing alcohol is an ethanol derivative. Windex contains methanol. Methanol in large concentration will damage the optic nerve. If dummies use it as a disinfectant they're fools. Maybe they just like to clean windows? The average American is very strange.

<pedantIc former chemistry major>
Isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) is an alcohol, as are methanol and ethanol, but is not a derivative of ethanol. It has one more ethyl group than ethanol, and, if anything is more easily converted from (and to) acetone.

Windex does not contain methanol. It does contain ammonia and some other things you don't want to ingest, but if you're drinking Windex, you are probably already at least somewhat brain damaged already.

</pedantic former chemistry major>

Hand soap: some water, a little dawn or generic equivalent, a little isopropyl alcohol = hand soap. T Paper will disappear again. Paper towels are scarce now in our local dogs.

What is up with the paper towel shortage? My store has been empty all week.

Back