To That One Guest - II

10 cups really isn't much. At the timeshare I'd have that much, definitely caffeinated, and then weekends nothing with no withdrawals.

I kinda snapped at a guest that tried to ask me a question while I was helping another guest and they were in the middle of talking to me. Not an angry snap, but a “I’ll be right with you once I’m done helping this other guest” snap. They didn’t even say “excuse me” or anything, they just came guns blazing asking their question.

i do that and then apologize to the guest i was helping for the interuption
I should’ve done that, haha. And the guest was just like “oh you could just tell me what aisle this thing is.” Maybe if you waited for the other guest to at least finish her sentence, I could’ve multitasked. But I can’t listen to two people at once. If you jump in like that, I’ll make you wait.

Last edited:
It's a lot, but it's not a lot. 10 cups is probably 60 ounces. You're supposed to drink 8 cups of water in a day, which is about the same. So your water allotment for the day isn't clear, at least you are hydrated.

TTOG: The “instacart” shopper. Thanks for moving the entire dinnerware section around to take pictures for your “customer”. Saying “can you not put things on the shelf, I’m trying to set a picture up” made me hate you.

I began to despise you when you just walked away without putting anything back in the right place.

Last edited:
There's a full moon right?

I had several interesting interactions with guests today.

Stocking the juices. In my store there's only 4ft section of OJs. I'M down to my last box and this guest walks up to look at the oj. After a minute, im getting pissed because you either want pulp or no pulp it can't be that hard. So im clearly standing behind her just waiting. She grabs one and i go flying in. Throw the one container in that fits and roll away. She gives me a dirty look 🤦🏻‍♀️

Another guest (who reeks like he rolled in an ash tray) comes up to me all crazy and is like do you have alcohol? I don't even get words of out my mouth and he's like "not beers." I explain we don't carry any of that and he is like why does Google say you do. So im humoring him and looking. He's like you not have it and walks away. Obviously....

Another guest comes to me and is like I can't find the weight scales. I tell her exactly where it is and she is like I can't find it. So I walk her over there and she gets a call which makes her stop. I don't stop for her because it's exactly where I tell her.

There's a full moon right?

I had several interesting interactions with guests today.

Stocking the juices. In my store there's only 4ft section of OJs. I'M down to my last box and this guest walks up to look at the oj. After a minute, im getting pissed because you either want pulp or no pulp it can't be that hard. So im clearly standing behind her just waiting. She grabs one and i go flying in. Throw the one container in that fits and roll away. She gives me a dirty look 🤦🏻‍♀️

Another guest (who reeks like he rolled in an ash tray) comes up to me all crazy and is like do you have alcohol? I don't even get words of out my mouth and he's like "not beers." I explain we don't carry any of that and he is like why does Google say you do. So im humoring him and looking. He's like you not have it and walks away. Obviously....

Another guest comes to me and is like I can't find the weight scales. I tell her exactly where it is and she is like I can't find it. So I walk her over there and she gets a call which makes her stop. I don't stop for her because it's exactly where I tell her.
My etl used to say don’t entertain guests by taking them to the exact place. Just direct them . We have plenty of signs. But many people want us to take them there and asks like so what is /where is F43?? I’m like 🙄🏃‍♀️

My etl used to say don’t entertain guests by taking them to the exact place.

"Entertain" guests? Wow, that particular attitude would get you a talking-to at my store. We're supposed to walk guests to the item, but I usually don't unless it's close or the guest is a) elderly or b) clearly the type that can't find their ass with both hands let alone follow directions or c) someone just called for backup. Most guests at my store don't want to be walked to the item, particularly if it's far, so it's usually fine.

My problem is that people tend to ask the first person they see when they come in the door where something is, and that person is usually a front end TM, who really doesn't know where stuff is (and may not have a device), so they get it wrong. Not their fault, and they're trying, but I'd rather they just hit the walkie if it's anything more complicated than, say, bread or paper towels.

"Entertain" guests? Wow, that particular attitude would get you a talking-to at my store. We're supposed to walk guests to the item, but I usually don't unless it's close or the guest is a) elderly or b) clearly the type that can't find their ass with both hands let alone follow directions or c) someone just called for backup. Most guests at my store don't want to be walked to the item, particularly if it's far, so it's usually fine.

My problem is that people tend to ask the first person they see when they come in the door where something is, and that person is usually a front end TM, who really doesn't know where stuff is (and may not have a device), so they get it wrong. Not their fault, and they're trying, but I'd rather they just hit the walkie if it's anything more complicated than, say, bread or paper towels.
Yeah I don’t mind if it’s an elderly person or someone I feel genuinely in trouble . But we can certainly understand if the guest just ‘wants us to walk to the location . Yeah and my ETL used the same word ‘entertain’ 😊

Even if the person couldn't find a barn while inside it, you could walkie the DBO for that area to meet the guest. No sense for the electronics person to walk someone to the electric toothbrushes.

Even if the person couldn't find a barn while inside it, you could walkie the DBO for that area to meet the guest. No sense for the electronics person to walk someone to the electric toothbrushes.

Our tech people love doing that though. That's 5-10 minutes they'll be with a guest and not have to deal with a Consumer Cellular guest or answer the phone to tell yet another person we don't have Switches or GI Joe dolls. It's a break for them.

Guest, with mask under his chin: Can you tell me with the Chap Stik is?
Me: Would you mind wearing your mask over your mouth and nose, please?
Guest: Phff, forget it.
Me: No, this is important.
Guest: (doesn't say anything, but reluctantly pulls his mask up)
Me: The Chap Stic is at the end of the aisle, just over there. (I point.)
Guest: (still doesn't say anything, for instance a "thanks," but he walks over to the lip balm end cap.)
Me, quietly and behind my mask: Idiot.

Guest, with mask under his chin: Can you tell me with the Chap Stik is?
Me: Would you mind wearing your mask over your mouth and nose, please?
Guest: Phff, forget it.
Me: No, this is important.
Guest: (doesn't say anything, but reluctantly pulls his mask up)
Me: The Chap Stic is at the end of the aisle, just over there. (I point.)
Guest: (still doesn't say anything, for instance a "thanks," but he walks over to the lip balm end cap.)
Me, quietly and behind my mask: Idiot.
Are we allowed to tell guests to pull their masks up? I'd sure like to. We were told not to approach guests without them because they don't want altercations but weren't given specifics on the ones not wearing them correctly.

Back