To That One Guest - II

To one of our crazy ladies. Now that the STL has told you "no" regarding your Starbucks, coupon, and gift card schemes, just go away... because one more try and AP will ban you.

TTOG you can stand there all night and call me names but I'm not letting you "return"/steal over $500 worth of merch. I personally stood there and helped your wife pick out half of those items. You really expect me to believe that she's so stupid she brought in the items she wanted to return and let a TM take them and reshop them? Bye.

Wait, so he was trying to return items he didn't have, by saying they'd been taken for reshop?

They took things off the floor and went up the service desk to "return" return. Since I was the one who helped his wife, I didn't need to wait for camera review to prove it. I told him how I personally helped his wife pick out her items so I know they hadn't been paid for yet. He claimed they came in with it, his wife was confused and my TMs took her stuff and put it back on shelves. So they were just taking back what was theirs.

I think front end roles have a way of warping your perspective about people. If you deal with a ton of shitty scammers and fraudsters all day then you kinda get a selection bias going. That was definitely the case with me when I cashiered at W*lm*rt, which turned me into a misanthrope (I'm not one anymore).

Even though I think flow should be O/N for practical reasons, it's still the superior role when it comes to interacting with guests.

1. I have most of the general locations of most things memorized, and if a guest asks me where something is I can walk them to the item or find it in the backroom and actually put my eyeballs on it before I tell them we have or don't have it. Can't do that if you're shackled to the NCR torture devices up front.

2. If there's a price discrepancy between the price showing on the Zebra and the shelf tag (because of flow noobs pushing to the wrong price point) I can page GS and aware them about a guest who will need a price change on a Bodum french press. If I were on a register and got price challenged it would be a big pain in the ass to walkie salesfloor and wait around on someone to mosey on over to verify prices while my line is held up. In my cashier days there was no bigger harsh to my mellow than having my speedy scanning streak screech to a halt for some dumb reason like this.

3. Since I'm responsible for pushing I can keep an eye out for wrong price points and fix a lot of it before it happens rather than dealing with it after the fact at the front end.

4. It's just inherently more satisfying to talk to a guest who's asking about an empty shelf location, finding it in the back and making their day vs. being the bearer of bad news and having to recite policy like I'm practicing for the bar exam.

They took things off the floor and went up the service desk to "return" return. Since I was the one who helped his wife, I didn't need to wait for camera review to prove it. I told him how I personally helped his wife pick out her items so I know they hadn't been paid for yet. He claimed they came in with it, his wife was confused and my TMs took her stuff and put it back on shelves. So they were just taking back what was theirs.

Oh, I see. Man, it's amazing how stupid some people think we are.

I helped you get ahold of a cab and you threaten me and other shoppers . . .I really dont think thats how gratitude works. . .no one said you were crazy. . .go get some water and take a deep breath -_- man I am always so greatful to ap and having an etl that was with the mps :/

You two really had to work hard today at being excessively messy. One of you knocked all the clothes off a waterfall bar, removed the waterfall bar which had to have been tricky since a shelf was less than two inches above it, dropped the waterfall bar 5 feet away, and then tore up your shopping list into itty bitty pieces and dropped them on the waterfall bar. The other of you took a bunch of items (over 10) that had paper replacement tags but weren't actually properly tagged yet from the fitting room, things like shirts and purses and shoes, and hung them up in infants/toddlers, covering all the toddler clothes on that rack. What could possibly be going on in both your lives that make you both feel you have to work so hard at making a mess?

TTOG: Your kid needs a mental health evaluation. If his behavior was normal, totally ignoring him like you did and not reacting to him would be the right thing to do, so that he doesn't take it as attention and get worse, but his behavior does not seem normal. He was actually a little scary when he started talking about cutting up people and eating them and then laughing hysterically.

TTOG, wow thanks for being a passive aggressive smart ass with me and giving me an anxiety attack when I tried to help you out. it's not my fault tech and the electronics guy were busy. it's not my fault I don't work in electronics so i don't know about phones. you had no reason to be an asshole to literally every single team member who was trying to help you buy a cheap ass 100 dollar phone. fuck off.

TTOG: I've explained the return policy to you multiple times. Yes, I could very well override it and give you a refund but I save overrides for guests who are polite. You screaming at my team and then at me, gives me no inclination to help you out. Get out of my store and I hope to hell you mean it when you say you'll never come back.

TTOG: I've explained the return policy to you multiple times. Yes, I could very well override it and give you a refund but I save overrides for guests who are polite. You screaming at my team and then at me, gives me no inclination to help you out. Get out of my store and I hope to hell you mean it when you say you'll never come back.

THE FUCKERS ALWAYS COME BACK!

Sounds like your store isn't running a Yes Desk. At Yes Desk, we'd probably have not only returned it without hesitation, but also offered a free $10 gift card for the trouble, walk you out to your car, and turndown service.

Back