To That One Guest - II

Does anyone else have the guests who come in with lists of clearance DPCIs and ask you to search for all of them?
When working the service desk if anyone asks about availability of clothes or anything else that I see is on clearance, I tell them we don't have anything in the back and the locations are no longer tracked and could be in any of multiple clearance shelves or racks so if you see it you can grab it but I can't tell you where to look for it beyond the general area and even that might not be accurate because guests pick up and discard clearance throughout the store.

TTOG:
You: I have a drink waiting.
Me: Excuse me?
You: I have a mobile order here.
Me: Here?
You: Yes! I have a mobile order AT THIS STORE.
Me: I'm afraid not, ma'am. We don't HAVE mobile order at this Starbucks.
You: Well, it's SAYS it's HERE at xxxx (major road)!
Me: Yes, ma'am. Except that WE'RE at yyyy (major road). It should be waiting at the Starbucks (less than a mile away) down the road.
*storms off while glaring at her smartphone*

Having a smartphone doesn't make YOU smart.

I really wish the online system wouldn't show availability for clearance items. "The website said you had it in stock..." Um, yeah. But it's clearance. *gestures broadly* There are clearance endcaps everywhere. Have fun!

I had a clearance crib with a backroom location...when I went to the location, the shelf was empty...and had to hunt for the crib in the infants clearance and could not find it. Sigh. I felt terrible for the guest who waited for 20 minutes for me to look.

TTOG - adding your redcard as payment in Cartwheel after you already scanned it doesn’t work. I can void your entire transaction so you can rescan everything (at sco) or you can use the physical card. You can swear your card was linked before you scanned it but the registers don’t lie about that - they like taking your money too much to miss a chance at getting it with a scan. Glad to know you think it’s f-d up and it’s not worth the hassle to save 5%. Thank you for letting me know you plan on cutting the actual card up and will shop at Walmart from now on. Have a nice day!

Ps. Making a scene like you did set such a great example to your kids on how to be an ass. Good luck with that when they get older.

SCO says closed in big bold letters, upside down basket covering the scanner and guests will still walk up and be like how do I start scanning

Oh I'll do you one better: At my old store we had 2 sets of SCO, 1 set on each end of the registers. During the last hour that we're open, we'd line up carts to block of 1 set of SCO. We'd STILL have people walk up, look at the carts in their way, see all the lights are off/machines say CLOSED, see us sorting through tons of reshops...and STILL try to use the machines.

45 minutes later someone comes up to guest service complaining that their order was processed but they never got it. (If someone says they’re here and they don’t arrive within a minute i process the order in mygo so it doesn’t go over 2 minutes) Turns out it was the drive up guest who had a cart FULL of stuff who was shopping the entire time. I was like “yeah when it says you’re here, it’s kind of expected that you’d be outside. In your car. In the drive up spots. That’s where I was waiting for you.” And she was like “oh yeah well I had some things to pick up!” Like lady what the fuck. I don’t understand placing OPUs or DUs if you’re just gonna come in and shop anyways.

Yes your guest was an idiot. My STL did that same shit (at his OWN store!) and I took immense pleasure in calling him out for it and asking him to explain how the hell we were supposed to know he was in the store and how he expected us to track him down. However, that 2 minute metric is not worth the headache if you never find the guest (now you're stuck with a bunch of "paid and left" merch) and/or if there's an issue with the order.

I get ticked when I go to pick up an order as a guest and the SDTMs processes it before I've had a chance to look it over. Sometimes I have cartwheels or other coupons I want to use. Frequently I've found there's an issue with my stuff. There's one store nearby that I avoid like the plague because the STL cares more about his metrics that guest satisfaction. More than once he's substituted an item for one I don't want. Then when his TMs processes my order prematurely, I have to either wait forever for a GSTL to come over and override the return or go back the next day to get the proper return.

TTOG: Sweetie, you are calling to find out our return policy and if some clothes can be returned simply because you took the tags off the clothes? And you still have the receipt, card, and tags? I love you, and you really need not worry about such a tiny thing in life.

TTOG: Sweetie, you are calling to find out our return policy and if some clothes can be returned simply because you took the tags off the clothes? And you still have the receipt, card, and tags? I love you, and you really need not worry about such a tiny thing in life.
And can we clone you when you come in to process the return?

TTOG:

I don’t make the decisions about what merchandise goes out on the floor. I’m over in toys helping a guest find a doll. No need for you to come over and start screaming about how I’m the downfall of America. No reason for you to yell about Valentines candy out when Christmas was still on clearance. No reason for you to go on about how I redid the Christmas candy and turned it in Valentines candy in the super secret room in the back.

I swear I must wear a sign that says crazies talk to me!

TTOG:

I don’t make the decisions about what merchandise goes out on the floor. I’m over in toys helping a guest find a doll. No need for you to come over and start screaming about how I’m the downfall of America. No reason for you to yell about Valentines candy out when Christmas was still on clearance. No reason for you to go on about how I redid the Christmas candy and turned it in Valentines candy in the super secret room in the back.

I swear I must wear a sign that says crazies talk to me!
Her brain would have exploded if she had seen me pushing a Z today. There was Easter clothing on it.

TTOG - Stop repeating that our no receipt policy is tacky when you don't get back the full price. We can't override every gift return we get because you guys don't have a receipt. Sorry Linda, but we're not going to stop our "terrible customer service" :'-)
Had a guest tell me our return policy sucks and she's gonna tell her daughters not to buy here.
Great!

TTOG: (throws bag on counter) "I'll take store credit."
No. That's not a guarantee. It's a courtesy.
Hand me your ID and we can give it a try and see if you're not past your limit.
And even then it's whatever POS wants to do.
This. I learned from a long time GSTM to always say (if Guest doesn’t have receipt or card) “I can TRY to give you store credit with your ID.”

Anyone remember this guest? Well SHE RETURNED!!! This time I was the only one behind the counter and helping her with her returns. Of course she has several packing slips and wants them all done individually. Of course I still don't know how to do my job well enough to know to highlight all returned items and staple my receipts together. And of course she wants to know the refund for each individual item. Not the store price, how much she actually paid with her Redcard discounts figured in. I told her I couldn't do it because Redcard savings are figured out similar to how tax is, it's done at the end. She also tells me that she hates doing returns with us because we cannot look up card information even though Kohl's can. Apparently she's returning items for her daughter because her daughter doesn't want to do it herself, and she keeps threatening to tell her she's not going to do it anymore but her daughter doesn't listen. She tells my GSA that we were using the stapler when he grabbed it to staple another guest's receipts together. I tell her he'll give it back once he's done, he just needs it for a hot minute. She has one item that's not on the packing slips and I tell her I can only return it through her license. Of course it makes me do an exchange instead. She tells me my hair is covering up my name tag, even though she states my name. Obviously not well enough if you can read it. Please leave and never come back, you're a terrible person to do returns with.

And... she was back today. This time with a price change.

I was helping another GSTM with their transaction because she was struggling with it. We're clearly talking to the guest in front of us trying to help her get her returns completed and we just hear an "excuse me can one of you two help me!?" Like wait your damn turn Nancy.

Ya know, Blitz, I'm thinking it's time to partner with your GSTL or ETL (or maybe even AP) and have THEM come up to service her when she shows up. She's made enough of an impression that you recognize her, and nobody should have to put up with her harassment.

Sometimes I’ll be the only on in GS with a super long line, and there’s literally no one to call to come help. It’s just me. And I’ll be doing a return or something and someone in line will be like “EXCUSE ME WE’VE ALL BEEN WAITING CAN YOU CALL SOMEONE” and oh my fucking god it makes me want to just stop whatever I’m doing and just walk out it pisses me off so much. I have eyeballs, you idiot. I know the line is long. I’m the one dealing with it. If there was someone to call I would’ve called them.

Playing Devil's advocate here, Leo. If they hear you call for backup and nobody responds, they''ll still be mad, but they're less likely to be mad at you because you made an attempt. Sometimes when I absolutely know there's nobody but LOD available to come back me up, I'll grab the walkie and "forget" to hit the button when I talk, solely to silence the Nancies in line.

Playing Devil's advocate here, Leo. If they hear you call for backup and nobody responds, they''ll still be mad, but they're less likely to be mad at you because you made an attempt. Sometimes when I absolutely know there's nobody but LOD available to come back me up, I'll grab the walkie and "forget" to hit the button when I talk, solely to silence the Nancies in line.
Or I turn up my walkie to max volume and hit the ADDTL ASSIST button so they can hear the Indyme say it.

Back