To That One Guest - II

Playing Devil's advocate here, Leo. If they hear you call for backup and nobody responds, they''ll still be mad, but they're less likely to be mad at you because you made an attempt. Sometimes when I absolutely know there's nobody but LOD available to come back me up, I'll grab the walkie and "forget" to hit the button when I talk, solely to silence the Nancies in line.

Turn walkie off, make jerk acting guest think you asked for help.

"So I went through the line with the ad I got in my mail today and the cashier said I couldn't get this discount because the ad starts tomorrow so I came over here to GS to ask if you guys could still honor it?"
"oh... no unfortunately we won't be able to give you this discount until tomorrow I'm sorry."
"oh, is there a supervisor I could speak to?"
:rolleyes:

TTOG - Dear Karen of Romania, I was so happy when after I denied your return because you’re trying to return items using your Romanian passport, both the GSTL and LOD told you no. Go ahead and put us on blast on social media. We weren’t discriminating against you. We simply cannot process foreign passports for returns.

TTOG - Dear Karen of Romania, I was so happy when after I denied your return because you’re trying to return items using your Romanian passport, both the GSTL and LOD told you no. Go ahead and put us on blast on social media. We weren’t discriminating against you. We simply cannot process foreign passports for returns.
you can point to the giant sign that says items without a receipt may be denied a refund... and then pull up the website that says we only take US government or state issued ID (no Susan, your work id* doesn't cut it)

*unless Susan happens to work for the government or state, including public school teachers

*unless Susan happens to work for the government or state, including public school teachers

Is that policy or liberal interpretation thereof? Work IDs, even from public schools, are not valid for legal purposes. It'd be an awfully fuzzy line if some not legally valid IDs are accepted but other not legally valid IDs aren't, and guests can legitimately get upset if they see a school ID allowed for the person in front of them, but their CCW license with picture is not.

TTOG Last night:

Thanks for letting me know every 10 seconds that you were not going to steal the apple watch that we were walking up to guest service.
...and I understand that you could have walked it up yourself.
.....and I appreciate that you do not like target policy and wanted to tell corporate that you felt like you were treated like a criminal.
.........and I understand its a far walk to guest services.
............and you may go to best buy next time because they don't do this "whooooole thing" to customers.

Fuck you, I should have never told you that we price match to competitors.

Is that policy or liberal interpretation thereof? Work IDs, even from public schools, are not valid for legal purposes. It'd be an awfully fuzzy line if some not legally valid IDs are accepted but other not legally valid IDs aren't, and guests can legitimately get upset if they see a school ID allowed for the person in front of them, but their CCW license with picture is not.
Our policy says US government or state issued ID. I suppose it’s a fuzzy line but I consider public school IDs to be state issued. Rarely though does someone not have real ID and only have school ID though. Usually they have both or neither.

School IDs shouldn’t be used for identification (in fact every last one that I’ve ever had or seen said “not for identification” on it) as they’re much easier to forge than a drivers’ license. There’s a reason most businesses are scanning the barcode on the back of DL’s now and the same reason why the barcode is there to begin with. Probably not a good idea to accept an “ID” that can be quickly printed in any printer the school has on hand and has no security features.

Also watch out because you could easily get jammed up with the cops if they do a sting and some 19 year old buys hootch with a fake school ID. I’ve had a few of those at other jobs and they’re always really terrible looking with vertical streaks and shitty plastic. Not today, Officer!

School IDs shouldn’t be used for identification (in fact every last one that I’ve ever had or seen said “not for identification” on it) as they’re much easier to forge than a drivers’ license. There’s a reason most businesses are scanning the barcode on the back of DL’s now and the same reason why the barcode is there to begin with. Probably not a good idea to accept an “ID” that can be quickly printed in any printer the school has on hand and has no security features.

Also watch out because you could easily get jammed up with the cops if they do a sting and some 19 year old buys hootch with a fake school ID. I’ve had a few of those at other jobs and they’re always really terrible looking with vertical streaks and shitty plastic. Not today, Officer!
Oh no no I would never use any sort of school ID for buying age restricted items. I do sometimes allow public school IDs to be used to pick up an online order. But it’s rare.

State issued ID means a state issued identification card issued by the state DMV that in appearance is nearly identical to a driver's license and has all the security features and extensive documentation required that a driver's license does. So accepting school IDs is actually not in line with the policy you referred to.

Our policy is as follows

Present your Mobile Wallet barcode located on the Wallet tab of the Target app and present one of the following forms of ID to a team member at Guest Service. Be sure the ID is valid and has not yet expired.

• Government-issued photo ID
  • State-issued driver's license
  • State-issued ID card
  • U.S. passport
  • Military ID
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Permanent Resident
  • Green Card
  • Native American Travel Photo ID
First, it says ID is needed even with wallet. I guess they should update that. And it does say government issued photo ID. if someone works for the government, as has a photo ID from said job, to me that qualifies as government issued ID.

My mom did a a drive up order, and it was canceled.
Her: it says it’s in stock though
Me: well they couldn’t find it so the counts are probably wrong
Her: but I really wanted it.
Me: well it’s not in stock so just order again and get a different brand
Her: why couldn’t they just give me something similar?
Me: they’re not going to give you something you didn’t ask for.
Her: where’s the order notes page so I can tell them they can give me something else
Me: we don’t have that just cancel it and order a different one
Her: oh and they’ll combine it with my other order?
Me: no, you’ll have two different orders. You’ll have to say you’re on your way for both.
Her: why can’t they combine them?
Me: if you want them together, just cancel your other order and reorder everything together.
Her: why can’t they just do it?
Me: THATS JUST NOT HOW IT WORKS
When your mom is that one guest 🙄🙄🙄

Her: where’s the order notes page so I can tell them they can give me something else
Me: no, you’ll have two different orders. You’ll have to say you’re on your way for both.
Me: if you want them together, just cancel your other order and reorder everything together.
this is why I just do all the online orders lol

Gotta be fair to your mom here. That's probably how it SHOULD work.

They’re on the way there with scanning the app barcode bringing up all ready orders but yeah I don’t know why they can’t combine them or give the guest the option to
Sorry sorry sorry to do it again @mobilelady @tmap98 why can’t mygo process two orders (for the same guest) at once? Would really speed up the experience

Our policy is as follows

Present your Mobile Wallet barcode located on the Wallet tab of the Target app and present one of the following forms of ID to a team member at Guest Service. Be sure the ID is valid and has not yet expired.

• Government-issued photo ID
  • State-issued driver's license
  • State-issued ID card
  • U.S. passport
  • Military ID
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Permanent Resident
  • Green Card
  • Native American Travel Photo ID
First, it says ID is needed even with wallet. I guess they should update that. And it does say government issued photo ID. if someone works for the government, as has a photo ID from said job, to me that qualifies as government issued ID.

A government issued ID is not a school ID. A government issued ID are things like DOD civilian ID or a green card. You aren't handing out dry cleaning, you are dealing with people's money and with people's banking information. Ever hear of identity theft? Someone being lackadaisical about verifying the person taking the items belongs to the method of payment used for the items is just helping identity theft right along. I hope to god you never become a notary public.

I’ve accepted school IDs and work IDs for guests in the past (it doesn’t happen too often). My store really emphasizes needing to see photo IDs as I know the store closest to us lets that slide often. I’ve had higher up leadership in the past (ETLS and STL) override me when I’ve denied guests with no ID by claiming that it wasn’t too much money and they had email and could open it in the target app, which I find to be completely wrong.

A government issued ID is not a school ID. A government issued ID are things like DOD civilian ID or a green card. You aren't handing out dry cleaning, you are dealing with people's money and with people's banking information. Ever hear of identity theft? Someone being lackadaisical about verifying the person taking the items belongs to the method of payment used for the items is just helping identity theft right along. I hope to god you never become a notary public.
I just follow what was outlined to me as acceptable by my leaders.

I just follow what was outlined to me as acceptable by my leaders.
Really? You went to leadership and asked "Can I accept a non-legal work identification that is not a government issued ID as if it were a government issued ID simply because the person works at a public institution?" "Oh yeah, sure Amanda, go ahead and accept non-legal IDs as legal IDs." I doubt that they were so cool about non-legal IDs. Or did you leave that part out of the conversation because you knew that it would be a no if they heard that?

Again, please don't become a notary. There's a good chance you'd let a forgery through that costs someone their house or their divorce settlement because you accepted a school ID.

Back