To That One Guest - II

Nah, the compactor. The baler is much cleaner.

I hope that means it's a rare event. Everyone ends up being That Asshole at some point in their lives. If they were as fast as possible and apologized to the cashier, then it's all good.
They may not be That Asshole. I've walked into a large store whose layout I know 15 minute to close with intent to buy one or two items and walk out the door with purchased items 3 minutes before close. It's not the time you walk in, it's the time you walk out and if you made any mess along the way that determines the asshole status.

Wait, do you work at my store? I put two irons back together just the other day...

Man, people are such assholes.

My least favorite guest stunt is taking the 15lb weighted blankets out of their flimsy-ass sleeves. And my ETL said today that there's apparently some dumb teen thing going around where they take the blankets out and try to knock themselves out with them. My solution? Spider wrap them. Makes my job easier and if anyone is really dumb enough to try to give themselves a concussion, might as well help facilitate the process.

Wait, do you work at my store? I put two irons back together just the other day...

Man, people are such assholes.

My least favorite guest stunt is taking the 15lb weighted blankets out of their flimsy-ass sleeves. And my ETL said today that there's apparently some dumb teen thing going around where they take the blankets out and try to knock themselves out with them. My solution? Spider wrap them. Makes my job easier and if anyone is really dumb enough to try to give themselves a concussion, might as well help facilitate the process.
I would’ve put the irons together, but they were missing the instructions. Off to CRC they went...

Did they at least put them back in? Or are the shoes just left around, about 3 feet away from the box.

75% of the customers are pigs, not guests, customers. I see it in a local Target, shopping carts just dumped in the lot even with a corral 50 ft away. Lazy fucking animals. I had a pleasant shopping experience in a local Aldi Market this afternoon. I bought a few small items, went to a register and there was a nice young mother with 3 little girls and 2/3rds of a shopping cart full of groceries. Kids ranged in age from about 2 yrs old, another one about 3 and one about 5. The kids were super well behaved. Mom asked me if I wanted to jump ahead since I had a few items. I said no thanks, I'm not in a rush and (you) have your hands full! The cashier was very pleasant and incredibly fast. Aldi has good fig newtons and nice customers.

ASANTS
At my store we let them know when we’re taking our next truck and that they are free to stop by and see if there are any of the floor that they can have. Basically just approach whoever is pushing and see if they can have any empties from them. If anyone does call we try and just put it out that someone might be stopping by, that way nobody is caught off guard by a rando asking for boxes.

I don’t know if anyone ever came across something like this. I guess you would have . Some guests ,mostly ladies , they’ve asked me to give them the cardboard boxes that I keep aside while pushing. Once a lady took almost 6-7 of them and all will give some lame reasons for that. I m not sure if it’s ok to give it to guests even though I let them have it . Is it really ok ?
At my store it was a firm no as well. People would also call and ask for boxes at my store and we’d also have women ask if they can come into the back and look at the boxes and pick some out. Sometimes it would be later in the day and we didn’t have boxes (when we had a 4am unload). But Yeah, that’s a no.

Last edited:
I hope that means it's a rare event. Everyone ends up being That Asshole at some point in their lives. If they were as fast as possible and apologized to the cashier, then it's all good.
[/QUOTE]

Everybody loves the people buying a tv 2 minutes before close.

Ooooo thankfully? I've never had that happen... But i did sell a high dollar item combo, he returned it minutes later , then was back buying the same combo minutes later with his merch return buuut the money didn't process onto it... that ended up getting ap and the etls involved... ... super sketchy

Ooooo thankfully? I've never had that happen... But i did sell a high dollar item combo, he returned it minutes later , then was back buying the same combo minutes later with his merch return buuut the money didn't process onto it... that ended up getting ap and the etls involved... ... super sketchy
Did the money not process onto it? Or did the money ("I'm sorry, I don't know why my register is rejecting it, something odd seems to be occurring, let me get a manager, oh don't worry the manager will be here right away, I know you are concerned about time") not process onto it?

Dude he was trying to use a different merch return than you gave him

Dude he was trying to use a different merch return than you gave him

Yea, i immediately was on the radio thankfully with an ear piece "*aps name* can you come back to electronics? The registers actin up" , which turned into Ap actin as my manager callin guest services ranking person. With a guest thats getting angrier... we all decided guest included that since it wss so close to store close in q4, that the guest could return at noon tommrow, we would have the items on hold , and it would be solved then. Ap came back the next afternoon, the money was on the card and the guy bought his items... but after he was outta ear shot , we all agreed that was sketchy as fuck. Especially after my back story.

TTOG: Sorry you came in literally 4 minutes before the store closed trying to get store credit for high-value items and I said you couldn't get anything for them without the receipt, and you proceeded to curse me out and then, at 30 seconds before the lights go out, you nicely ask if you can go to your car and get the receipt/card you used because you remember it's in the glove compartment... nah, son, once you hit the exit doors, you don't get to come back in. Take your Kroger cart out of my store with your clearly used and stolen items and see if the opener tomorrow morning will fall for your garbage.

Spent some time in the cafe this weekend....

And that must be the only place where the crazies shop.

Guest #1 Helped themselves to the popcorn and cups while I was in the bathroom. Casually was like " I need to pay for this" Um okay....

Guest #2 Really wanted to talk about hate crimes and drugs for 10 minutes. Then the kicker is she thought the aloe drink (you know the ones with the stickers) was weed 🙄

Guest#3- older gentlemen with his wife was blowing me kisses....got creepy real fast.

Spent some time in the cafe this weekend....

And that must be the only place where the crazies shop.

Guest #1 Helped themselves to the popcorn and cups while I was in the bathroom. Casually was like " I need to pay for this" Um okay....

Guest #2 Really wanted to talk about hate crimes and drugs for 10 minutes. Then the kicker is she thought the aloe drink (you know the ones with the stickers) was weed 🙄

Guest#3- older gentlemen with his wife was blowing me kisses....got creepy real fast.
Sounds about right... a special type of person seems to be the kind of people that come to the cafe

Yeah, we have the large loud family that comes in, pushes all the tables together to take up half the cafe while sending kids back & forth for small orders, the homeless guys coming in with cups dug out the trash to help themselves to soda before AP runs them off, the two moms with their priggish progeny letting them make 'informed choices' while holding up a line to the door, the guy getting an ice water while complaining about our lack of outlets for his office-in-a-bag, etc.

Ours has a wrapped line for hours straight on the weekends 😣 it’s seriously soooo busy, mostly because of the pizzas/pastas though
Namely Starbucks but yeah, our cafe gets a hella line during lunch.
That pretty awesome, tbh. I like the Cafes in Target stores. Sad that some stores get little to no traffic there and Corporate shutters them in favor of bigger Starbucks, Wine/Beer area, or just storage.

Back