To That One Guest - II

Please assist - I NEED a comeback for guests like this lately ;

1. Guest asks question (any question)
2. I answer (as helpfully and politely as I can - really)
3. Guest doesn’t LIKE answer because it doesn’t produce product to them immediately
4. They are unkind, condescending and downright hurtful with their response, :
“That wasn’t helpful at all”
“I guess I’ll ask someone else that WANTS to help me”
“Thanks for nothing”
“I can see you don’t have it, that’s why I bothered to ask you for it”
“Nevermind, I’ll find it myself”
“Nevermind, I’ll go to Walmart”
“Useless, that’s why you’re working here!”
I’m getting beaten down by these guests every day - making me wish I had some kind of quip, creative comeback because ’killing them with kindness’ isn’t working
They are getting VERY MEAN.

Please assist - I NEED a comeback for guests like this lately ;

1. Guest asks question (any question)
2. I answer (as helpfully and politely as I can - really)
3. Guest doesn’t LIKE answer because it doesn’t produce product to them immediately
4. They are unkind, condescending and downright hurtful with their response, :
“That wasn’t helpful at all”
“I guess I’ll ask someone else that WANTS to help me”
“Thanks for nothing”
“I can see you don’t have it, that’s why I bothered to ask you for it”
“Nevermind, I’ll find it myself”
“Nevermind, I’ll go to Walmart”
“Useless, that’s why you’re working here!”
I’m getting beaten down by these guests every day - making me wish I had some kind of quip, creative comeback because ’killing them with kindness’ isn’t working
They are getting VERY MEAN.
“I’m so sorry sir/ma’am but I’m not in charge of ordering. Corporate decides what to ship to our store. If you get a survey on the bottom of your receipt today you can let them know how you feel about this situation.” (Look sad as you apologize.)

This takes the focus off of you and onto corporate where it belongs. It also makes the guest feel like they are “going over your head” to the top person with their complaint.

Followup with a cheerful “is there anything else I can help you with?”

To Coronavirus Caren (Karen with C) ,

Yes, I know we are supposed to maintain 6ft away from each other. I however can't do my job if I have to wait for you to text on your phone for 5 minutes to put out 2 boxes. You weren't off to the side like a normal person either. So I simply tell you I am walking past you. Normal people would move over and apologize. You just said " I'll just move to the next aisle." Okay bye....

ttog:

we are GLAD u are never coming back lmao

GUYS BUCKLE UP FOR THIS WILD ASS STORY

ALRIGHT SO i get a call to my dept
go over and the mobile tech there is like uhh this lady wants me to put on her phone case but i told her we cant and she wanted to speak to a manager so i called u
so im like yeah uh shes right we cant do that
and she goes OFF about being tired of covid bullshit
but this was a policy b4 that so whatever

and then shes like
this is TARGET PROPERTY
so u need to be RESPONSIBLE FOR IT AND PUT IT ON MY PHONE
and im like ... uh ? u paid for it right
"yes"
"so its.... ur... property"
"NO!!! until i walk out the door with it its TARGETS PROPERTY if i try and open it right now i will be ARRESTED AND DETAINED"
"u have a reciept... its urs..."
"NOT UNTIL I LEAVE THE STORE"

so i call my etl

cos fuck this
and the lady is dead ass like "what so you cant handle it?"
so my etl comes over and shes like SUP WHATS GOIN ON

and she sees the look i shoot her and is just like UGH I DONT GOT TIME FOR THIS (not out loud, was written on her face)

so she tries so hard to explain why we cannot and says "we are only trained to provide the service of selling you a product not putting it on"

and the lady is like "you dumbasses arent TRAINED to do ANYTHING"

and my boss is like

what is going on

am i being punkd is this a prank
this cant be real

and she was like "ok i will refund u then bcos we are not putting the case on"

so she goes thru the refund process and is like "ok pls put ur card in the reader to complete the refund" (she knows she can jus press recommended refund im p sure she just wanted to see how this would go)

"no you put it in"

and my etl is so close to cracking she wants to FIGHT

and she was like i am NOT touching ur card
and the customer throws her card at my boss and is like "yes u r"

and starts saying smth abt her attorney
and my etl is done and calls ap

so ap shows up and shes like SO WHATS UP GUYS

and this lady finally gives up and the return has been done

and says "it'll be a cold day in hell before i come back to target"

and as soon as she walks away we start laughing our absolute asses off

and shes like yeah laugh it up u assholes

On the contrary, oh yes there are Karens in WalMart, usually they are louder, more classless, more disruptive kids, and oddly they don't bitch as much over prices, they're just very irritating.

I had a walmart Karen the day after stimulus checks dropped. Tried to check out 30 items or more at my electronics mini boat.... she didn't like my answers.

My store got hit by Wal-Mart shoppers today. Shoes looked nicely zoned before the store opened. Went back by to grab some items around 10 am. It was fucking trashed. Not a little trashed. Fucking trashed. Shoes were strewn all over the floor. It was disgusting. Felt so bad for our shoes DBO when I saw her walking in. Probably an hours long job just to make it look somewhat presentable.

ttog:

we are GLAD u are never coming back lmao

GUYS BUCKLE UP FOR THIS WILD ASS STORY

ALRIGHT SO i get a call to my dept
go over and the mobile tech there is like uhh this lady wants me to put on her phone case but i told her we cant and she wanted to speak to a manager so i called u
so im like yeah uh shes right we cant do that
and she goes OFF about being tired of covid bullshit
but this was a policy b4 that so whatever

and then shes like
this is TARGET PROPERTY
so u need to be RESPONSIBLE FOR IT AND PUT IT ON MY PHONE
and im like ... uh ? u paid for it right
"yes"
"so its.... ur... property"
"NO!!! until i walk out the door with it its TARGETS PROPERTY if i try and open it right now i will be ARRESTED AND DETAINED"
"u have a reciept... its urs..."
"NOT UNTIL I LEAVE THE STORE"

so i call my etl

cos fuck this
and the lady is dead ass like "what so you cant handle it?"
so my etl comes over and shes like SUP WHATS GOIN ON

and she sees the look i shoot her and is just like UGH I DONT GOT TIME FOR THIS (not out loud, was written on her face)

so she tries so hard to explain why we cannot and says "we are only trained to provide the service of selling you a product not putting it on"

and the lady is like "you dumbasses arent TRAINED to do ANYTHING"

and my boss is like

what is going on

am i being punkd is this a prank
this cant be real

and she was like "ok i will refund u then bcos we are not putting the case on"

so she goes thru the refund process and is like "ok pls put ur card in the reader to complete the refund" (she knows she can jus press recommended refund im p sure she just wanted to see how this would go)

"no you put it in"

and my etl is so close to cracking she wants to FIGHT

and she was like i am NOT touching ur card
and the customer throws her card at my boss and is like "yes u r"

and starts saying smth abt her attorney
and my etl is done and calls ap

so ap shows up and shes like SO WHATS UP GUYS

and this lady finally gives up and the return has been done

and says "it'll be a cold day in hell before i come back to target"

and as soon as she walks away we start laughing our absolute asses off

and shes like yeah laugh it up u assholes
I would of had her trespass banned from the store for disturbing the peace. This is some Jerry Springer shit right here.

Funny thing that I read this today. Last night I went to Walmart with my ancient Aunt (that LOVES Walmart) to get her a new phone (she’s on my plan).
We signed up, bought a case and while talking the employee opened the package and put the case on and even started manually transferring some of the contacts - all without even asking permission.
I was actually a bit annoyed cause I wanted to get out of there ASAP and didn’t want to wait for her to do that.
Also thinking - hey, hands off - one of the best parts about a brand new phone is opening the box and setting it up ?

also reminds me of how often we are asked to install watch batteries.
Can’t anyone do anything for themselves anymore ?
..........And why do so many people still wear a watch that requires a battery ?

Last edited:
Why? Because they are cheap. Why spend over $100 for a glorified pedometer or over $200 for a glorified pedometer that will tell you that you have a message when it is close enough to your phone that you can hear the message alert from the phone directly when $25 gets you time, day, date, multiple alarms, stopwatch and a nightlight?

And with most watches, especially water resistant ones, the seal can be damaged if you try to pry the back off without using the proper tools.

When I worked at Sears even our Fine Jewelry department stopped selling and changing batteries. Everyone went to a small jewelry repair place in the mall.

TTOG last night- you are a bully and a jerk- at SCO who (along with his buddy) refused to back up more than a half step when I asked him to because he was within 3 ft of the first busy SCO. I asked him to step back and wait until he was called. As soon as the guest left the sco, he took another step forward and I asked him again to wait until called so I could clean the device. He stood immediately behind me while I quickly wiped down the machine.

We have multiple signs saying to wait until called. About half follow the instructions and the other half, even when told the machines need to be wiped down come forward and wait just behind the machines. I realize lines are long and you want to get out as soon as possible but I deserve at least a 2-3 ft bubble around me while doing my job unless direct contact is required.

So I'm cleaning a spill (obviously not the one in the picture nor that massive but it's to illustrate my story) we are in the aisle cleaning it up and a guest asked if they could go through the spill to get in the cooler....Normal people just wait or come back
We had a wine endcap collapse & had to rope off a main aisle & it was the same thing with guests trying to go thru it.

Back