To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, some people are really delusional. What, exactly, do you think the poor cashier/manager at Target is going to be able to do with that particular complaint? If you have an issue with what's in a magazine, contact the magazine.

But I suppose she's just emblematic of the average intelligence of a Trump devotee/Fox news fanatic, so whaddyagonnado?
She probably wanted us to stop carrying them. Like we have any control over that either :rolleyes:

“Acknowledge the guest” exactly. There’s one GSTM who taught me (well I learned by watching her) that sometimes the only thing you can say to a guest is okay.

The coupon policy is unfair
Okay
I once had a guest get mad at me when I responded with "okay". It was something minor and out of my control and I acknowledge the comment with an okay.

I once had a guest get mad at me when I responded with "okay". It was something minor and out of my control and I acknowledge the comment with an okay.
Normally i say I’m sorry that’s our policy and we can’t override it if you’d like the number for corporate I can give you that and maybe they can help but I can’t promise anything

I wasn't there for this, but a TM told me about this yesterday when he was backing up;

Some lady walks into his lane, immediately asks for a manager. He turns his blinker on and the GSA comes over. Suddenly, the lady just slams like 8-10 magazines down onto the bagging area counter and says "I think these magazines are very disrespectful to our President, Obama did many unconstitutional things and he never got this kind of coverage!" and apparently she was pissed. She asks the GSA "Are you the store manager?" and he says "No I am not, but I am one of the main floor managers." and she says she wants the STL.

STL comes over, says "huh, never seen these before, I'll get in contact with our publisher." and just walks away, nothing else said.

am I the only one thinking that's fucking obnoxious as hell?
Best part is that that’s definitely the kind of response I’d expect from someone in your city, LOL.

I was in the checkout line yesterday and in front of me was a gun-toting Faux News-watching DRUMPF supporter with a MAGA hat. He gave the pink-haired cashier girl a piggish sneer, spit his Grizzly chew on the counter and growled "PINK HAIR? You must be wunna them gawd damn FEMINAZI bitches that hates our President! I bet yer gonna be so mad when our President repeals the 19th Amendment!" and the quick thinking girl smiled sweetly and said "Sorry sir, he's not MY President" and the entire store broke out in thunderous applause and everyone lined up to high five her and the STL gave her a 1000% raise on the spot for outstanding guest service and the guy was so mad and embarrassed that he stormed out to his gas guzzling lifted truck and drove to the shooting range in a rage where he blew his own head off in an accidental discharge. True story.

That man's name? Albert Einstein.

Yep, my step sister goes to school there and was caught vaping and doing weed at like 11...

Hell, my brothers were smoking cigs at 11.

Edit: bro I could talk smack about that school all day ill have to PM you with the ridiculous stuff I've seen and heard

Last edited:
You want my help? Use your fucking words. Don't just wave me over and expect me to understand what your problem is. I don't read minds. Don't catch an attitude with me when I ask you to explain what you need help with, either.

I hage when a guest comes up behind me and asks "Chip dip?" and I'm like "Hi! Im sorry?"

"Chip dip."

"... Are you having trouble finding it?"

"Yes."

I hage when a guest comes up behind me and asks "Chip dip?" and I'm like "Hi! Im sorry?"

"Chip dip."

"Yes."
Lol, I wish I was that nice. People will just be like “Coloring Books”, and I’ll be like “Yeah” and they’ll be like “Coloring Books” and I’ll say “What about them?” And then they’re like “Where are they” and I just point. If you aren’t gonna show me respecf, to hell if you think I’ll show you any.

About the only guests that do that to me are those who are clearly not native English speakers so I'm cool with it. It only gets rough when they're using a translation app that does a literal translation of the words they used that don't actually translate to a meaningful or specific item that I can identify.

"Chip dip."

"Yes."
Lol, I wish I was that nice. People will just be like “Coloring Books”, and I’ll be like “Yeah” and they’ll be like “Coloring Books” and I’ll say “What about them?” And then they’re like “Where are they” and I just point. If you aren’t gonna show me respecf, to hell if you think I’ll show you any.
I just play dumb until they ask me like I'm a fellow human

"Chip dip."

"Yes."

My favorite response to this is "...who?" Especially with the lady who walked up to me and started going "KABOOM. IT'S ON CARTWHEEL. KABOOM."

"Chip dip."

"Yes."

I’ve been a cashier too long. I assumed you were talking about the chipped credit cards! :p

I’ve been a cashier too long. I assumed you were talking about the chipped credit cards! :p

Ohh I do a bit of everything, whatever they schedule me. Lately I've been cashiering but last year I was in grocery the entire time(much prefer that) and sometimes guests get to be a little weird.

I was shopping in another store today (not Spot) and to my astonishment a guest pulled out a couple of dozen packs of bacon searching for a date he liked. He just piled them on the deck and walked away. Then he returned and emptied two more pushers. He looked screwy and I decided not to engage but really buddy?
You just earned yourself a couple of shifts in the Karmic Market.

Last edited:
"do you guys have any milk that's not expired?"

and I didn't hear her through the Dairy Cooler fans and I was inside filling milk and I ask "Pardon?"

"don't you guys have ANY milk that's NOT expired?"

and I'm thinking "of course we do." but she's being dramatic to sound like a bitch

"Umm, for the skim milk?" (she blankly stares) "It says March 20th."

"What? It does?"

"yeah it saws March 20th right here." and all she responds with is "Oh." and takes it and closes the door.

what the fuck lol, she's lucky I'm so nice. I was surprised by the way she acted because she was probably only like 23 years old, but then again, I forget that anyone can be a bitch.

To the guest who told me not to get married because his ex wife stole 8 of checks and then took all the money they had in a joint account. You also told me your son stole 15 checks from you and you are pressing fraud charges against him. You also told me this is why you have to work at 70 and you work at menards 6 days a week for 4 hours a day since you didn't save enough growing up and people did you dirty. Thank you, very insightful I hope you are okay!

To the other guest who let me know she recently had a heart attack and that her dad died and it's hereditary I am sorry I hope the items you listed your doctor recommended for your diet works out and you don't have another!

You both made me incredibly sad that day and I had so many feels since I literally asked if there was anything I could help you with or find an item. #()@I##+@+_)#@!+. If you needed somebody to listen to I was all ears but can we break it up next time and not have both of these things on the same day so I'm not incredibly sad for the rest of my shift!?

Be glad you're not a barista.
People mistake us for bartenders & I hear personal drama that's WAY above my paygrade.
Most of it comes from pampered yoga moms bitching about conflicting playdates, unreliable nannies/pool boys, missed massage appointments, etc.

Same with being the operator. 3 calls in two days were so sad they broke my heart.

And you will not believe the number of people that come in and ask for help in picking clothes for a funeral.

And you will not believe the number of people that come in and ask for help in picking clothes for a funeral.
That's heartbreaking.
I remember working for a clothier in college & those times taught me a lot.

I've had a few come in to return everything from their baby registry after the child was stillborn or failed to thrive. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back