To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest: What did you do to make your Similac rebate check look so bad? It was crumpled, had some kind of stain on it, and was ripped in the top areas. Thankfully, it went through the check machine, but I don't know what I would have done if it had jammed the machine. I checked with another cashier on this and she said that I couldn't just accept the rebate check as a Target coupon to avoid putting it through the machine.
Um they probably just found it on the ground in the parking lot

I was shopping in another store today (not Spot) and to my astonishment a guest pulled out a couple of dozen packs of bacon searching for a date he liked. He just piled them on the deck and walked away. Then he returned and emptied two more pushers. He looked screwy and I decided not to engage but really buddy?
You just earned yourself a couple of shifts in the Karmic Market.

To that one guest: What did you do to make your Similac rebate check look so bad? It was crumpled, had some kind of stain on it, and was ripped in the top areas. Thankfully, it went through the check machine, but I don't know what I would have done if it had jammed the machine. I checked with another cashier on this and she said that I couldn't just accept the rebate check as a Target coupon to avoid putting it through the machine.

At my store, we don't accept these anymore. I was told that there was some significant fraud going on, including people selling excess checks on Facebook and Craigslist. It was stopped after checks with multiple different names and addresses were used on the same transaction, so at least some of them were being used against terms.

At my store, we don't accept these anymore. I was told that there was some significant fraud going on, including people selling excess checks on Facebook and Craigslist. It was stopped after checks with multiple different names and addresses were used on the same transaction, so at least some of them were being used against terms.
At my lane you get one per item and the names have to match.

TTOG: Go take a computer class, because you need more help than I can give you. Which is really sad because you sound like my daughter's age, and your generation is supposed to be computer savvy. I felt my brain cells leaking out of my ears listening to you, and when I put you on hold to stop the leakage I'm glad you got the hint and hung up.

If it's a five dollar rebate check, I'll make it right for the guest no matter what (with the blessing of my ETL-GE). Five dollars is well within our ability and it probably saves us from a negative survey in myGuest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not a huge problem at my store which is why we're able to do this, but if you were at a higher risk store I can totally see why they'd have you go to extra steps to make sure it all checks out.

Wait, swapping formula rebate checks is a bad thing? I'd get those things long after my babies stopped needing formula and happily passed them along to new moms who needed them. Or I'd get them for the brand I didn't use but knew people who did. I know there are fraud issues and such, but if they have a legit check, why do we care who Enfamil actually sent it to?

TTOG#1: You apparently wanted a shirt in the middle of the stack, and you very neatly upended half the stack. Not that attractive when I got to the table, but your neatness meant I fixed the stack in three seconds. Kudos.

TTOG#2: You also apparently wanted a shirt in the middle of the stack, and you very neatly put the top half on another stack. Another 3 second fix job. Kudos.

TTOG#3: You grabbed the stack in a way that caused most of the stack to be balled up together and it took quite a bit to get it back looking neat. Go out to lunch with Guest #1 and Guest #2 so they can teach you how to not be unnecessarily messy.

TTOG: Stop trying to be the cool dad by letting your kid fill their Icee cup to overflowing.
Then, when your kid decides they don't like THAT flavor, you dump it out in the tray before letting him fill up with ANOTHER flavor.
Surprise, surprise when they decide they don't like that flavor EITHER so I now have TWO Icee mountains in the drain tray.
How about having them sample a small amount to decide a flavor BEFORE filling it to the top?
Saves me from pouring pitcher after pitcher of hot water trying to melt purple & green ice mounds.

TTOG: You are an impatient bitch, pure & simple.
If you're behind a mom with kids, you'll watch as they're trying to pick out a drink from the drink case while you step past them & cut to the front of the counter.
Most moms are polite & let you go ahead but you've pissed off enough of the team that we don't make eye contact when you start that maneuver.
I especially loved when my SBTL said "Uh, ma'am...they're next in line."
When you tried to justify it by saying you were 'in a hurry', the guy behind you (one of my FAVORITE regulars) said "Yeah, lady...we're ALL in a hurry but that's no excuse for cuttin'."
Decaf all the way.

I'll trade you those for the loose undies that end up in the fitting room while no one was there monitoring what went in. I'd rather clean up snot or even a bloody napkin than handle undies that could have that kind of bodily fluid.

TTOG - I’m sorry there was only SCOs open when you needed to check out. I’m not sure where the two cashiers were at - I think the GSTL had them pushing candy and neither one was smart enough to turn on a light so guests could find their lane. But I was happy to scan your THREE items and place them in a bag. And I was even able to put your $20 in the slot and hand you your change. Aren’t you glad I was there to help you?

I’m cranky today. Maybe I should go to bed early. Or have wine. Wine sounds good.

I need a shirt that says “I drink wine so I don’t whine” :D

To the lone crank of a bitch that came through my line today: Could yu have at least tried to sound like you wanted to make the trip today? You sounded somewhere between stoned and majorly pissed.

You then complained about nearly every item I put in your bag and yell at me because I'm letting the fruit touch the ketchup bottle . :rolleyes: Honest to fudgsicle, is it really that hard to say. "I'd like to bag the items myself if you just pass them along." Crimany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back