To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: thanks for being so patient and understanding. Your kind demeanor was so needed. I'd been dealing with shitty people all day and then you come along and like a ray of sweet sunshine you cut through the fog of "is it over yet?" and made it a little easier to do what I do.

It was my pleasure to honor that expired gift card promo for you. I hope those foster babies your friend took on find all the love and support they need.

Edit: I mean it WAS our fault we missed that sign at takedown. She even told me where to find another. People like her are precious.

Say it’s BOGO 50% off. People are used to paying full value for the more expensive shirt, and then half of the less expensive. The way the receipt splits it up to give them 25% off each shirt is confusing to them because they think they’re only getting 25% off instead of the full 50%

Had to explain this the other day. Thankfully the guest understood what I was trying to say.

TTOG: thank you for understanding we didn't have "big brother"/"big sister" tee shirts and accepting the "world's best brother" and "world's best sister" shirts instead. Hopefully they fit your bulldogs as you expected (was surprised you knew what kid's size they would fit into) so you can proceed with your super cute pregnancy announcement.

ttog:

i hope u come back so the etl ap can kick ur damn ass out

guys today i had a fucking extra as fuck guy come in so im in the back pulling a tv for a guest and i get a walkie call that there are 3 guests waiting for me so im like yeah np be a min im gettin a tv for one of them . so i head back to the boat w the tv and look at one of the guys who was closest to me like hi can i help u? and he was like "yeah all three of us have been waiting for at least 10 minutes" like hahaha whoa there buddy it doesnt take me 10 minutes to pull a tv but nice exaggeration you waited 5 minutes at most but whatever. so i tell him "oh sorry i was getting a tv for that guest right there" and he kinda shuts up knowing he cant really give me shit for that. so then he walks THROUGH THE BOAT COUNTER and i was like "um excuse me sir please dont go behind there" and i guess in the 5 seconds after he tried to call me out for taking """10 minutes""" he put on his headphones and cut thru the boat and he pulled off his headphone like "did you say smth i cant hear you" so i was like "yes please dont walk thru there thanks" and he just gave me this salty as fuck look

so im ringing up the tv for the guest and decide to once again ask what i can help them w cos like if he just has a quick q i can do that while ringing up the tv (the guest buying the tv doesnt really speak english and hes been in before like we both kinda respected we had a language barrier so i wasnt like ignoring the guy i was helping) and hes like "oh ladies first you can help her first" and idk man he said it in this way that just kind of...got an awkward chuckle out of me cos boy was this guy making me feel uncomfortable. so then hes like "why did you laugh? that wasnt funny" and i didnt even answer bcos like ... is this real life so then he repeats it like "why did you laugh? is this funny to you? do you not know the concept of ladies first? does no one do that for you?" and at this point im getting fed up w him so i was like "actually no not really" and he just like scoffs at that. and then he starts talking to the lady in spanish under the assumption that i cant speak it (i cant but i sure as hell can understand it) and hes saying things like "can you believe this girl? shes saying she doesnt understand ladies first and no one does that for her. she probably doesnt have any manners either" and the lady is kinda like... awkwardly nodding like you can tell she's hella uncomfortable too and the guy buying the tv is as well and he finally walks away mumbling something and im 10000% sure hes going to complain abt me

but as soon as he left the two other guests start speaking in spanish to each other saying "wow can you believe that guy? he's trying to pick fights with no one" something like that or maybe it was no one's tryna pick a fight w him

i told the etl ap abt it and was like "let me fight him" and she was like "no u cant let me fight him for u" so basically if she sees him again his ass is out of here

ive been heated abt it all day

TTOG: You sir have summed up everything I don't understand about jeans these days.

"My daughter told me that she needed new jeans because her jeans developed a small hole in them. Really small hole. And now she's in that fitting room trying on jeans with five holes in them. I don't get it."

TTOG - sorry but not sorry for stepping on your foot. If you had waited in the line at the entrance for the SCO this wouldn’t have happened. Just because someone was done scanning their items didn’t mean they were leaving and for you to be right up in their space as they tried to pay only put you in my way when I went to collect their coupons. I said excuse me as I stepped past you so I really didn’t expect you to be on my ass as I stepped back to allow the other guest to pay for their transaction. Back your ass up next time until I direct you to an available register. kthanx! :confused:

TTOG: Go jump off a really tall cliff. When I am lifting some dresses over my head to a bar and say "Dang my shoulders are aching", the appropriate response is not to cheerfully say "Well that's good!" Adding "That means you got work done" does not make your statement any more appropriate.

Had a guest try to no-receipt return a Circo item today. Yes, Circo. Of course, she said she got it as a gift.

Not only that, but it had a clearance sticker on it.

Ehem...let me be more specific. It had a clearance sticker like this on it:

target-clearance-sticker.jpg

To the veterans out there: how freaking long has it been since we used these stickers?? At least 8 years, yes?

Had a guest try to no-receipt return a Circo item today. Yes, Circo. Of course, she said she got it as a gift.

To the veterans out there: how freaking long has it been since we used these stickers?? At least 8 years, yes?
At the very least.

I think Meijer still uses stickers like that for clearance. I hadn't realized that Circo had been a house brand. I started working for Spot right about the time we transitioned over to Cat & Jack.

To that one dad: You were buying two small sodas - not Icees, but sodas.
When I asked your little boy which soda he liked best, he said "The BLUE one!"
I said I didn't think any of the sodas were BLUE & he said "That's because we get ICEES!"
You couldn't finish the transaction fast enough & avoided looking my way.
From the mouths of babes.

Last edited:

Lol. Denied.

TTOG:

Yes. I do remember you. Yes, I did encourage you to take the survey that printed up on the bottom of your receipt. No, I don't know when you'll be receiving a call from the corporate office regarding your ideas/concerns on how you think Target should be run (you won't).
I pointed out the survey to get you to leave me alone because you'd been bitching at me for 15 minutes, about something that was beyond my control, despite me giving you what you wanted anyway.

Yes I remember you telling me you've been a retail manager for x years. Yes, we are all abot the customer service.

Ma'am, you took that survey after close on a Friday night. It's Sunday. You're not going to get a call from anyone regarding anything customer service related before Monday- corporate offices are closed on the weekends. But ... you've been a retail manager for x number of years, so, you know that.

You also know I don't make the rules, and that treating me like you are is bull.

You're either lying through your teeth, or you're exactly the kind of manager I never want to work for.

Bug off.

Edited: I have no control over how employees at another target treat you. Although I might not blame them at this point.
Complain at their management.

Last edited:

Got to love regifting

TTOG:

I started in 2011 & don’t remember those....

TTOG:

Yes. I do remember you. Yes, I did encourage you to take the survey that printed up on the bottom of your receipt. No, I don't know when you'll be receiving a call from the corporate office regarding your ideas/concerns on how you think Target should be run (you won't).
I pointed out the survey to get you to leave me alone because you'd been bitching at me for 15 minutes, about something that was beyond my control, despite me giving you what you wanted anyway.

Yes I remember you telling me you've been a retail manager for x years. Yes, we are all abot the customer service.

Ma'am, you took that survey after close on a Friday night. It's Sunday. You're not going to get a call from anyone regarding anything customer service related before Monday- corporate offices are closed on the weekends. But ... you've been a retail manager for x number of years, so, you know that.

You also know I don't make the rules, and that treating me like you are is bull.

You're either lying through your teeth, or you're exactly the kind of manager I never want to work for.

Bug off.

Edited: I have no control over how employees at another target treat you. Although I might not blame them at this point.
Complain at their management.
I think she came to my store today.....we had someone come and ask where an item was located, then stood there and ranted about the employees at another store. AND WE AREN’T EVEN TARGET!!! I even told her she would have to take her complaints up with the LOD & she wouldn’t STFU!!!

Yup. PITA when they finish their transaction to discover that they forgot to give the cashier their coupons. Then they are sent to GS where we have to return the product and then resell using the coupon.
Well that’s really good to prevent coupon fraud but annoying for weekly ad coupons. For those, i guess you could do wrong payment then Scan the coupon and repay

TTOG: there was a line for the SCO. I’m not sure what made you think you could just walk in front of all of us, with a damn cartful of groceries, but I’m glad the attendant told you that you’d have to wait your turn. And no, nobody believed it when you said, “oh, I didn’t realize there were people waiting!” You had to walk AROUND us to get to the open SCO and practically ran over the next guest who was walking up to the open one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back